main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Healing Seems To Be The Hardest Part (one time post for Ultimate Hairband Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Takianna, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Title:Healing Seems to Be the Hardest Part
    Author(s):Takianna
    Timeframe:AOTC era
    Characters:Obi-wan Kenobi and Barriss Offee
    Genre:Wanting to help someone in need for the Ultimate Hairband Challenge
    Keywords:Ultimate Hairband Songfic Challenge
    Summary:Somtimes being a padawan can't stop you from wanting to help a master

Healing Seems to Be the Hardest Part

She approached the table where he was sitting. She didn?t want to bother him, but something about him sitting alone called to her.

?Mind if I sit here?? she asked and pointed to the stool across from him. He looked up from the cup he was drinking from almost startled.

?Sure,? he said in a drawn out almost accusatory tone. ?What can I do for you padawan??

She sat and signaled the barkeep for the usual. A serving droid trundled over with emerald liquid in a small glass. ?Thank you,? she said.

Turning back to the master she tried to stay jovial and unthreatening. ?I think you need to talk,? she said in a rush.

?Huh?? he asked making sure he heard her correctly. ?You think I need to talk??

She nodded. It wasn?t something you did to a master everyday. You didn?t walk up to them and accuse them of needing anything. You were subservient and did what they said. She didn?t care though. There was something about him that called out to her for help.

?You ask about by conscious,? he said rather leisurely. ?And I?ve not offered you my soul.?

He looked across the table and tried to smile at the young woman sitting there. She was attractive, but he knew it would go no further. There were rules about these types of things and he wasn?t one to break the rules.

?I?m not asking you to tell me everything,? she said and tried to make her eyes jovial. The smile spreading across her face was tight and unenthusiastic. ?There are just places in your soul, well I?m not sure I?ll ever know about.?

He shook his head thoughtfully. It was true. There were places in his soul and being she would never be allowed. They were reserved. Reserved for those who knew him best and now there weren?t many who knew him well enough to be let in. ?Let?s just say,? he said and sipped on the Jawa Juice he?d been nursing the whole time they?d been there. ?There aren?t many people who know about my soul.?

?Kenobi,? she started and stopped when she noticed his warning look. ?Master Kenobi, I don?t know why you keep everyone out.?

?I can?t tell you everything I?ve done,? Obi-wan said trying to sound coy. ?It would give away the mystery of me, Master Kenobi.?

It wasn?t true at all. He just didn?t want anyone to be that close. He didn?t want to let his guard down to anyone. It only turned out badly. There were so many skeletons he didn?t want dancing around the room for everyone to see. Obi-wan had not always been the prized student of his master and he certainly had caused trouble in his youth. It wasn?t proper to dwell on the things he had done, but sometimes it was hard not to remember a fight he had with his master. Now his master was gone and he couldn?t help but berate himself about the things he could?ve and should have done differently. There were many.

?I guess you are right,? Padawan Barriss Offee, a novice healer in the temple, finally offered. ?Maybe there are things I shouldn?t know about you, but I?m sure some healing would do you some good.?

Offee was only trying to help. She knew there were things Master Kenobi carried with him since the death of his master. She thought maybe a little healing and being able to talk about the situation would help him.

?I?m sorry to have been so up front,? Offee said and sipped a glass of emerald liquid. ?I know I?m just a padawan and just learning the craft of healing, but I?ve always been pulled to help you.?

Obi-wan smiled at her. She had only wanted to help and here he was pushing her away. Just as he had so many other people. Maybe he should talk to her because then the gash in his heart might heal. Something he had wanted for some t

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    All your vignettes are just beautiful and this one is again.

Great writing.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.