main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Hear my hype train a-comin': E3 2015

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Penguinator, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ramza Edit: The E3 Press Conference Schedule is finalized. Here's the rundown:

Sunday, June 14
    Bethesda - 7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern

Monday, June 15
    Microsoft - 9:30 a.m. Pacific / 12:30 p.m. Eastern

EA - 1 p.m. Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern

Ubisoft - 3 p.m. Pacific / 6 p.m. Eastern

Sony - 6 p.m. Pacific / 9 p.m. Eastern

Tuesday, June 16
    Nintendo - 9 a.m. Pacific / 12 p.m. Eastern ("Digital presentation")

Square Enix - 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern

PC Gaming - 5 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Eastern

General multiple conference streams can be found on IGN, IGN's YouTube page, Giant Bomb, and Twitch, with the last being the "official" streaming service for the conference. Nintendo often hosts dedicated Treehouse events throughout the floor show following their digital presentation, which can be viewed on the Nintendo Twitch channel, the Nintendo YouTube channel, and Nintendo's website. Microsoft and Sony usually provide multiple ways to view their conference via their own platforms and websites, in addition to the usual channels. IGN has confirmed that their PS4 and XBone apps will have streams of all the conferences, making that a valid route for current gen console owners.

The world is slowly thawing from yet another awful winter, which means spring is (finally) upon us, and we're only a few short months away from North America's largest game industry event, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Scheduled to run from June 16 to June 18 in 2015 in Los Angeles, California, E3 seems primed for a ton of new gaming news.

Last year, we saw large offerings and pushes from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, EA, and UbiSoft; this year, we can expect some announcements from Bethesda, with some speculating Fallout 4 will be announced.

So in this thread, we can speculate, predict, wish wildly, or bemoan the state of video games as it pertains to E3 2015.

A few potential topics:
    • What's Bethesda gonna announce?
    • Can we expect a price drop on any major consoles?
    • Will we get release dates on hotly-anticipated titles like Halo 5, The Division, and the new Legend of Zelda?
    • What's the deal with The Last Guardian?
    • How many fitness game demos can we expect?
    • Will Bungie know what to do with their hands?
    • Will Nintendo have any games?
    • and much more!

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I feel like Bethesda is going to surprise us, and not in a good way. Like some dumb pricing plan on the now FTP Elder Scrolls Online. Or, worse, Fallout: Online.

I don't think we'll see a formal price drop unless it's from Nintendo, seeing as MS already did one and Sony has no reason to do a non-promotional one at the moment given their sales. I'd be happy to be wrong here, though.

Halo 5 will get locked in for near the end of Q3, I think, unless all of the work getting Master Chief Collection to not be terrible at multiplayer matchmaking caused delays. Division will hit in Q3 or Q4 of this year. Zelda feels more like a 2016 release as we usually see preliminary screens a couple of years in advance on that series.

The Last Guardian is the new Duke Nukem: Forever.

I think we might finally be hitting the decline of fitness games, what with the Kinect's death. Prove me right, industry, please.

Bungie is going to announce some sort of PS4-first DLC for Destiny, I guess. Though they're free to announce Marathon 4. Any day now, y'all. Any day now.

Nintendo will at minimum have the new Fire Emblem, which is really all I need. I'm wondering if SMT x FE is still alive, though - sure, iS says it is, but that means nothing.

Edit: Oh, and I'd imagine the evil empire will have news about this "Battlefront III" thing people around here seem to be fond of.

3. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Pretty sure the Last Guardian will be MIA again. With Bethesda having an entire conference to themselves I'm expecting a Fallout 4 announcement. Nintendo will show off some more of Zelda Wii U - they seemed pretty convinced it would release this year but I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed until 2016. As Ramza said I'm hoping to seeing some more of the new Fire Emblem. I really enjoyed Awakening. Some more 3DS announcements would be nice .Hopefully we get to see some more of Arkham Knight as well. Everything I've seen looks spectacular so far.

The main thing I'm looking forward to is Battlefront 3 news though.

4. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If Bethesda have a full conference, they'd best have a bit more than one game announcement, I think. Fallout 4 is the obvious pick, but I can also see them pushing something for ESO, a game that apparently no one plays. Could be that Fallout 4 will get a big stage demo that also features some online connectivity thing - drop-in, drop-out co-op between Vault Hunters, maybe?

I'm curious as to how UbiSoft will try to win people back after shipping a broken game. Same with Microsoft and the Master Chief Collection.

Valve and HTC have just announced their VR headset will be out by the end of the year, which is definitely going to force some more talk of VR at E3. Oculus will probably make the "don't ship bad stuff" argument in an attempt to remain relevant, but I think we'll see VR get a lot more push this year.

I'd really like to see some more Arkham Knight stuff, but considering it launches later that month I don't know how much will be on display. I dunno, last year's E3 was a really great way to get excited for games and the industry as a whole, but everything I'm interested in comes out before or during June. Hopefully there's going to be a wealth of surprises and fun announcements this year.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It'd be cool if Sony has something related to Persona 5 or Dragon Quest Heroes since we know they're coming stateside and they're PS3/PS4 exclusives. And then I guess Yakuza 0 and Dragon Quest VII 3DS are my games to be disappointed about a lack of localization news this year. But I think for the most part we'll just see trailers for games that we're aware of but haven't seen a whole lot of - MS's Platinum game, for example.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I hope Bethesda will also announce Dishonored 2 along with the (hopeful) Fallout 4.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    They should call it Fallout 5 just to troll the scrubs who didn't play New Vegas.

JediMatteus, TX-20 and Ender Sai like this.
  8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I going to make a wild prediction here and say there is going to a new Call of Duty trailer. Sorry if that is to far out there.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Will it follow the typical path, though, and allow me to scream racist, sexist, homophobic hate at other players over my XBL headset?

That's my main question.

TX-20 likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Practically, to have a chance of Yakuza 0 getting a western release lots of people need to buy Yakuza 5 on PSN when it gets translated and released later this year.

As to E3 - I'd expect a playable demo of Wii U Zelda.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Exactly; so it's doomed.

Edit: Well, unless those weird rumors that it'll have native English support pan out, then one could simply import it and thank god for region locking being DOA.

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm expecting a valve announcement of there being no announcement of Half Life 3

just for a change

//sigh

sarlaccsaurs-rex, TX-20 and Ender Sai like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I would have agreed, but I never expected Yakuza 5 to get a release at all, so long shot it may be, but doesn't mean it can't happen.

14. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Fingers crossed for KOTOR 3/any new bioware game.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    They just dropped the latest TOR expac and are planning a sequel to TOR. Abandon hope of KOTOR 3.

16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Source?

EDIT: Also before you call me a lazy millennial I did Google it and only found one article from some Episode VII newsite that didn't give any sources.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Source on what?

That they dropped the expac? Or that they're working on a TOR sequel?

BioWare said they're working on ToR stuff themselves, and have canned Shadow Realms. As the source was the BioWare blog.... well, you can assess reliability if you wish, absed on that.

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    The TOR sequel.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, I tried to get back to the blog but it's offline.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Speaking of BioWare - Mass Effect 4/spinoff at E3, perhaps?

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Certainly whatever Mass Effect project they've been working on would not be a surprise to see.

inb4 a disappointing remaster.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    They have already said it is going to be a new story and new main character.

"The story will focus on a fresh protagonist who won't be another version of Commander Shepard, BioWare has said, but while there will be no direct continuation of the Commander's story, nods to past adventures will be included."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-mass-effect-4-everything-we-know-so-far

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    You never know when they'll try to fill the space until the next Mass Effect with a "Mass Effect for PS4/XB1" collection.

As for this year's E3, was Microsoft's price cut for the XB1 permanent? It was a "holiday" thing, but not sure if they just made it permanent. Not sure if Sony would match that or not, given that they were doing quite well at the regular price.

I expect a lot of Halo 5 from Microsoft, the regular new announcements (and let's hope any new announced games aren't cancelled before the next E3, I think I heard something happened to that Platinum Dust game developer or something like that).

Sony will probably push Uncharted, as Uncharted 4 should be out this year. Maybe a "Last Guardian is not dead yet" mention. More attempts at revitalizing Vita. Personally I hope Persona 5 gets a mention during their conference, really looking forward to that. I hope Tales of Zestiria isn't mentioned, that game's reception has been mixed so far.

Nintendo will probably go with Zelda, maybe a glimpse of another Mario game for next year (I think they said no mainline Mario Bros. game for this year, but you never know). Codename: Steam, I really hope for more Xenoblades Chronicle X news by then too. Wild random guess is another Kid Icarus (hopefully they don't plan on 25 year gaps between games, given that Smash might have had some teasing leaning in that direction), maybe more Captain Toad or Kirby as a way to fill the calendar. I thought F-Zero was supposed to get another game someday?

I don't expect that much Arkham Knight news by then as the game will hopefully be released by then.

Sony (or Microsot, though its slightly less likely) might have a Final Fantasy XV trailer, though Square Enix might wait until Tokyo Game Show (is that still running) since that's closer to their home base.

Hard to tell what other wild surprises will show up.

24. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I forgot Arkham Knight was only delayed until June. My bad. Can't wait to play it.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Apparently, Valve's session at GDC tomorrow is happening at 3PM (3/3 at 3:00 lawlz).

FatBurt likes this.