main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "Heart of an Empire"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Mar 28, 2007.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    We want to think about doing something with this? It's Star Wars related ind in OUR 'backyard"?

http://www.heartofanempire.com/trailer.html (teaser)

Arizona International Film Festival
    Tuscon, Arizona
    April 19-29, 2007
    HOAE Screening Time TBD
    http://www.filmfest ivalarizona. com/
    Tickets are $8 each and are available at the Box Office.

For more information on these, and other festvals, please go to:

http://www.HeartOfA nEmpire.com/ premiere/

2. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I've been waiting awhile to see this. I'm in, even if we just go and watch the film and nothing else. [face_dancing]

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    http://www.filmfestivalarizona.com/

http://www.filmfestivalarizona.com/detail.cfm?id=DF115

The film is 115 minutes long. The trailer looks really nice. I am looking forward to this event.

okay.. try these links and see if they work or not.. the other links were not working when I tried them.

there is a phone number to help volunteer for the film festival. I would think we should go as a group to the film, but not in costume. That's just my personal thought on this.. but I may be wrong.. I am sure the DSG will be making plans to come to this though.

4. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I saw a couple of Phoenix clips in there!

Could a two-hour documentary on the 501st actually hold my interest, though? [face_thinking] Maybe if I were in the 501st I would be dying to see it...

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    According to websites, the movie will be shown on April 21st, which is a Saturday. That works for me.

Apparently, the film festival is located at the Hotel Congress. I didn't know they had theatre capability in that place. So the closest theatre I know of would the the renovated Fox Theatre. Think that might be the location for the film(s)?

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    cool, i'll do it.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Cool, that's 2 people.

Last night nobody seemed interested. I guess it was a bad time to bring it up.

I asked in PHX also if they wanted to come to Tucson to do something.

8. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    I'll go

9. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I didnt even really know what it was until I saw the trailer, I think we would be seriously missing out if we werent there with info about the dsg and tff to pass out , lets face it, I dont think this will come around again, Cat, want to try and contact the film festival people about an appearance at the premier?

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll make sure it is discussed at the meeting tomorrow.

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Im sorry I am not gonna make it tomorrow...we are gonna discuss alot of cool up and coming stuff... :_|

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Information is always passed along, you (and Dustin) won't miss anything. :cool:

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes, we will discuss this at the meeting tomorrow/today. we should discuss this in Phoenix at the DSG meeting as well.. the contact numbers are on the Arizona film festival website for who to contact to do anything at the film festival.

14. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I just checked the official page for "Heart of an Empire", and it says the screening time for Tucson is 4pm. The film festival site still doesn't say though, not that I can find anyway. Anybody heard for sure?

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I can tell you from people who have seen this movie to BRING THE KLEENEX!!!! . . . especially for the tough guys. They won't survive it with. :p ;)

I cried at the trailer screening at StellarCon. :_|

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We should find out more after the MS walk while in PHX.

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    According to the Caliente section of the Arizona Daily Star(today), the film festival will be showing films at the following locations:

the Screening Room
    Rialto Theatre
    Crossroads theatres
    Oracle View theatres
    Grand View theatres
    Cinema La Placita
    the Tucson Chinese Cultural Center
    University Medical Center's DuVal Auditorium

No mention of "Heart of an Empire", or at which location it will be shown on the 21st. So much for my earlier guess of the Fox Theatre.

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The times I was given were totally different from all of these and in a different place from all of these.. I am just waiting to see what they finally say to Neil about where and when on the phone.

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll try 2 ask Saturday.

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just an update on this. I asked Neil directly about this. Antoine can correct me being that he was next to me when I asked.

Basically according to Neil, nobody involved is talking to anyone else directly. The promoter, the director, the venue, film festival, etc. Neil is getting conflicting information and requests from everyone and nobody is working together. It?s very confused.

He?s talked to all of them on the phone and started just E-mailing them to leave a ?paper trail?. He's CCed everyone that's involved on every E-Mail and told them that by Monday (tomorrow) if nobody can get together and come up with a plan requesting to troop it or not that they WON'T troop and will just see the film.

If they DO troop he wants a private screening because if they "usher" people in before the film in armor they won't be able to get out and seated to see the film.

If they troop and can?t get a private screening (time may not permit) if they can get it on optical format I offered that they can show it in my house on the screen via my projector.

We should know what's going on in 24 hours.

21. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    That's exactly it. But there was one other possibility. We could troop it up until and hour before the show, and then go watch the film.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    It is well past the deadline. Does this mean there will be no trooping at this film?

23. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    According to Chris, the confirmed 501st screening/trooping is 11am, and there will be an open screening at 4pm. Don't know any more than that, including where it is.

24. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I opted to start work on Sat at 10pm instead of 12noon, so I can go to this. Im all in. The 501st rules!

"Come to the darkside...we have cookies!"

25. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    The DSG has a full day planned including some possible friday over nighters.......I have asked Neil what can and can not be shared with the TFF. Myself or Damian will post the results!