main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Heart of the Jedi and Shadows of Mindor would have made for a perfect Episode VII in 1986

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 24, 2015.

?

Do you think Heart of the Jedi,Shadows of Mindor and the Thrawn trilogy a perfect OT3 reboot?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2016.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm really enjoying reading Heart of the Jedi online and it has some cool space battles so far and great new characters like High Admiral Tharkus and the Force being Kastor. The OT3 are at their best here with Han Leia Chewie and Threepio flying the Falcon and leading Wedge and Rogue Sqaudron in a space battle against Tharkus' forces while Luke and Artoo return to Tattooine to learn a secret hidden long ago by Obi-Wan Kenobi and then later acquiring a stock light Freighter similar to the Falcon and head to the Unknown Regions possibly to find the secret of the Heart of the Jedi. The whole book isn't out yet but so far to me. It would have made a perfect Episode VII had it been released in 1986 with Hamill,Ford and Fisher playing the OT3 still in their prime including Luke in his first adventure post-Vader and Palpatine as a full fledged Jedi.

Another recent novel which could have made a perfect 1986 Episode VII is Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor where Luke is a general leading the New Republic army against the evil Lord Shadowspawn and there is awesome space dogfights with Han Leia Chewie and Threepio in the Falcon teaming up with Wedge and Rogue Squadron against Shadowspawn's Imperial Fleet and many TIE fighters.

If there is ever a SW reboot trilogy or series. Heart of the Jedi and Shadows of Mindor and even The Courtship of Princess Leia and the Thrawn Trilogy would make a perfect reboot six episode SW saga with new younger actors playing the OT3.

AusStig likes this.
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    the Force being Kantor?

3. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The Force Being(Creature) Kantor

4. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think that if the ST were made and released from 1986-1992 and the PT were out in 1995-2001. It would be like this with a fourth trilogy and fifth trilogy:

1986:Episode VII:Heart of the Jedi
    1989:Episode VIII:Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of the Empire
    1992:Episode IX:Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising/The Last Command morphed into one film.

1995:Episode I:The Stark Hyperspace War
    1998:Episode II:The Clone Wars
    2001:Episode III:Fall of the Republic(based on John L.Flynn's fanfiction story)

This would have made a better PT

2004:Episode X:The New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong invasion in one film)
    2007:Episode XI:The Swarm War Chiss-Killik war
    2010:Episode XII:Legacy of the Force:Second Galactic Civil War Luke passes on the torch to
    the next generation
    2013:Episode XIII:Legacy trilogy(the adventures of Cade Skywalker
    2016:Episode XIV
    2019:Episode XV

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Mindor sounds like Mordor.

6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Sounds like Mindar to me

7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    NJO for the ST
    A modified DNT/LOTF/FOTJ for E10/11/12.
    Killiks rise up to prevent Abeloth from returning. E10
    The One Sith, Lost Tribe, other Force Sensitive villains and all other villains still alive rise up to cause trouble. E11
    Then Abeloth is awakened. E12.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Dante1120 likes this.
  10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    In all honesty everything that's been released about Aftermath so far reminds me of Heart of the Jedi.

11. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I like your ideas for episodes 10-12 Force Smuggler. How about that for 10-12 and the Second Galactic Civil War for Episodes 13-15?

Episode XIII Corellia seperates from the New Republic and forms a Confederation. The kids of Rey and Finn or Rey and Poe have to face the Confederation as the next threat to the GFFA with the help of aging Rey,Finn and Poe.
    Episode XIV The Battles of Fondor and one of Rey and/or Finn and Poe's kids turn to the dark side and take over the Confederation Fleet and battle the New Republic Fleet head on and the other kid stays with the NR Fleet
    Episode XV the kids fights each other in a climatic duel. The evil one dies and the Mandalorian Fleet and the Hapan fleet help the New Republic fleet take down the Confederation Fleet.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How about no?
    I'm doing the EU and you are doing the NEU and stopping the ultimate being of Darkness would end the Saga better than a civil war.

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I thought that Shadows of Mindor was a terrible novel with a weak antagonist and lacked a credible plotline. So I have to disagree with the initial statement. The Thrawn Trilogy wasn't much better, as it's villains were relatively weak, not reaching the level of antagonists likes Vader and Sidious. A good story needs strong antagonists to challenge the heroes and Mindor and the Thrawn Trilogy just didn't have that, in my opinion.

AusStig and Huttslime like this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    why does nothing please you

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  16. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Wouldn't you want to have a slightly older Rey,Finn and Poe in Episodes 10-12 Force Smggler? And by the way guys. I understand people have different opinions but Shadows of Mindor but some cool space battles and a cool villian in the form of Cronal/Supershadow and the Thrawn Trilogy had the best space battles and the best villian besides Vader and Palpatine in the form of the blue-skinned red-eyed villian Thrawn from the most mysterious parts of the GFFA the Unknown Regions. I hope these characters and the Unknown Regions will appear in future novels set between ROTJ and TFA.

Also It would be awesome since LFL/Del Rey have published the old EU as legends. They should publish Heart of the Jedi as lengends book too. So far it has some cool space battles with Han Solo and co. in the Millennium Falcon and Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron against an awesome new villian High Admiral Tharkus. I still think would Heart of the Jedi would make the perfect Episode VII. Shadows of Mindor the perfect Episode VIII and the Thrawn Trilogy morphed together as Episode IX. Since HOTJ it appearing online a few chapters at a time and it would be good for people to read it since some people may not afford a computer let alone the Internet.

17. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015

I agree I never got the hype for those novels, I mean they were ok and Thrawn was an interesting character. But it was just overlong, and the pointless subplots like Leia/the Noghri, constant boring dogfights, and length of the novels was offputting. They're pretty overrated imo

Vialco likes this.
  18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Leia should have stayed in the kitchen

Trisdin Gheer likes this.
  19. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I think Shadows of Mindor is an awful book, so no, I wouldn't want to see it made into a film. It needs to be filed away in a dark cupboard somewhere along with the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy. (The only good thing about that trilogy, was Chewbacca and his son, and I read it before the prequels came out.)

Timothy Zahn, A. C. Crispin, Stackpole, Allston and Anderson's work would probably make good films (or in the case of Stackpole and Allston, a good TV series.)

Vialco likes this.
  20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I thought LSATSOM and BFC were great!

Revanfan1, Dante1120 and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well written science fiction and fantasy literature pleases me. The two works in question above are not well-written or engaging, in my opinion. That's why I think that adapting their plot into films would result in very disappointing and poorly made films.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    When someone says a Stover novel isn't well written it makes me cry

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't even read all of them and I agree, Stover is one of the best authors Star Wars has had the pleasure of having. RotS novelization and Traitor are enough to tell me that, and I suspect Shatterpoint and LSatSoM are also of similar caliber.

Davak24 likes this.
  24. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    ^You haven't read Shatterpoint?

*Insert crying gif here*

Sinrebirth and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wait, you haven't read Shadows of Mindor? Zeta, you disappoint me.

Force Smuggler likes this.