main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Heartland Cantina

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    hey I am just sitting here sipping on my drink of choice waiting for someone to talk to.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    So Djinn, how are things in KC?

3. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    picking up! We are forging a truce with the local 501st unit and hope to be doing some events with them very soon!!!

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Good luck with that! I'm happy you guys are finally picking up again, been quiet around the other side of my state.

5. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    just needed some new, older, blood that had the time to put into the group!

as you know we also have a couple of our guys going to C3 and working the table! they will be taking lots of photos to put up on the site!

also have they sent you any of the photos from our local convention yet for your slide show presentation?

Ah the eternal joys of being the interim PR officer have to make sure EVERY opprotunity is exploited to the fullest!

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    A PR officer?! That's just what my chapter needs. [face_devil]

7. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    Hey we have updated our links page on our website to include the Midwest FF's that have websites you guys can check it out @ www.heartofthealliance.com/link.htm

if anyone has a FF logo image at 150x150 to put above the link you can PM me and I will make arrangements to get the image.

On PR officer's yes they are important as hell to getting you advertised. Part of my job includes making flyers, getting meeting info to Jedi_Dajuan to put up on TF.n, and with Episode III coming in t-28 I will be getting in contact with all the TV and Radio stations and our local papers.

8. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    man this place gets quiet for long periods of time...

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know we all get so busy and forget this place. Been thinking about a banner contest or some other way to draw some life into the forum. I'll have to pester Krash to see what he thinks.

10. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    yea a banner contest would be fun... ahh I cant wait til our elections in July so I can finaly have an "official title" on the forums and on our boards

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah Officialness is fun but a lot of work. People expect things of you, *gasp*. :) I was really pleased when I first became co-CR of my FanForce, felt so useful.

12. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    yea but I have been the interim PR officer of the group for the last 100 days and the responsibilites are already there I just got done sending out the Press releases for our midnight event BTW you have something in your inbox for the ff news site.

It would just be nice to have the title w/o the Interim before it but this is a republic...

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Got it and posted it. :) Sounds like a nice event. Makes me feel guilty our's isn't for charity, just fun.

14. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    the last part of it didn't post is it due to the link? if it is could you correct it please!!!

15. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I hate to see this board go unused...

Anyone have any big plans for the premiere? I'm interested to see what kinda stuff other midwesterners have come up with.

I will be trooping all night and morning. A local news station is doing their morning news from the theatre. I hope the movie is good enough to keep me awake on adrenaline!!!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We have a big opener on Saturday. It's going to be a 14 hour thing I think. Costume contests, trivia, lightsaber demos, prizes, free food, the works. It's been a killer, in more than one way. Currently my back is killing me from a 13 hour costuming stint I pulled today. I'm working on a friend's Vader, did an Amidala Parade, and Jedi out the wazoo. Pics of what we did today and our prizes. I took all the pics so I'm in none of them :( Oh well, my work is though and I'm very proud how it's turning out.

17. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Only 14 hours? Ours is going to be 15 (17.5 if you include the movie) ;)

Yeah, it is going to be a very, very long day. But it is going to be lots of fun and it will go by quick.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If it's a quarter as exciting as C3, I'll be happy. I'm not counting prep time or the movie. We're waiting until that Saturday so we have more people able to work.

19. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    We are starting bright and early (9am) me and LukeSkiewalker have been working hard to make this happen... I have to give him all the primary props though he's been prepairing all this and going thru class and now finals... I am glad someone got me involved in FanForce when they did or who knows...

I know your feeling it, the frenzy, the commercials, its just a matter of a couple days now!!!

20. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Our fanforce made the paper today!!! I am getting SOOOOOOOO excited!! :)

21. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Good to hear it!

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Score!! Send me a copy of the article? Seriously, if you will I'll PM you my addy.

23. Darth_Djinn

Nov 16, 2004
    congrats on the article I sent out several Press Releases but AMC 30 is an industrial complex that doesn't follow the rules thus they have an immense number of screens running a movie... I will get off my soapbox now. I am excited that you guys got a news article and good luck to everyone who is off to see Episode III tommorrow

24. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    Grats on the article!

And to all you who worked sooooo hard on everything:

/hug

:)

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We got on the local news here this morning. They even listed my name. Scary, but exciting :) I'm so thankful for my FanForce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.