main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heart's Interlude (a one-shot for Amer's story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_enigma, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    AN: Sorry about the delay in getting the next of Amer's stories up, but life has been slightly crazy lately; the sequel is in the process, though I have still not thought of a name for it I will say that it does involve some babysitting...though not for the Rogues this time. [face_mischief] This is a short little one-shot that is a sorta in-between Strange Heart and its sequel. This idea has been running around in my head for a while and while I played with the idea of sticking it on the end of Strange Heart, it wasn't done in time and I really wanted to leave Strange Heart where I left it. I looked at the sequel but it did not really fit in with it and I finally decided to put it like this. Anywho, now that I am done with my rambling, I hope that you enjoy this little fluffy tidbit.

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or anything therin, it belongs to George Lucas 'n co. I do however own the character Amer. :D

Heart's Interlude
    jedi_enigma

Wedge entered his apartment as quietly a possible. It was late at night and edging on early morning; he had been away for a few days on very boring government business. The Solos, Luke, Iella and the Rogues had all worked together to watch Amer, since school was out for the holidays for her and none of them had an entirely clear schedule. Tonight Iella was staying with her.

The apartment was nearly completely dark and silent save for the flickering light of the holo vid and the low sounds coming from it. Wedge walked over and turned it off; turning to see Iella's sleeping form in the couch; he smiled; then took a blanket, which was lying over the back of one of the arm chairs, and lay it over her.

He quietly moved toward his daughter's room; opening the door he found her sound asleep as well. He crept to the side of her bed and knelt down; watching her sleep. Looking at her now, asleep, one would never guess from the innocent look on her face that she could be a holy terror when she wished to be, and the trouble she enjoyed getting in to. He smiled, knowing he would not trade any moment of it for anything. He reached over and gently brushed back a few strands of hair before brushing a featherlight kiss to her forhead. She stirred but did not wake. Wedge sat there for several moments longer.

"You're doing a wonderful job."

Wedge nearly had a heart attack at the unfamiliar male voice, which came from the foot of Amer's bed. As it was he fell backward onto his rear with a muffled thump; his head snapped in the direction of the voice.

The figure standing there did not seem to be solid; he seemed to be more of a phantom surrounded in a blue glow - similar to how he had heard Force ghosts described. It was a young man, in his twenties; he was very tall, taller than Wedge; he had blond curls which reache about his shoulders, he looked something of a rogue for it; his eyes were blue as far as Wedge could tell, and he wore what Wedge could identify as customary Jedi robes.

Wedge could not put together two coherent thoughts.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Man was apologetic. "I just have long wished to speak to you."

Finally Wedge was able to think somewhat more clearly; he began to see several familiar features in the man before him; he glanced at Amer then back at the man and back again. The same hair, same hands, similar builds, hints of this man in the ten year-old's face.

"Yes." Wedge looked back at the man at that word; he was nodding.

"You're Anakin Skywalker." No question, just a statement of fact.

He nodded.

Wedge was still unable to move.

Anakin came around the bed and sat down next to the small child. Wedge was not sure he liked this; part of him wanted to grab his blaster and tell the man to get away from his daughter, but he knew that was futile. You cannot kill a man who is already dead, particuarly when he was insubstantial.

Anakin reached a translucent hand down and ran it along the side of Amer's face. "She looks so much like her mother, though Padme h

2. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    :D awesome! I love Wedge as a father...he's such a good one! Very cute story. And the whole Anakin thing..that was cool. I'm glad he could express his gratitude. I'm looking forward to the next story!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

3. Oger_Wan

Oger_Wan Jedi Knight

Mar 28, 2006
    It was good:D but hurry up with the next story plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!![face_praying] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.