main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hearts On Fire: Inferno....Preview of the chapters 8 and 9..... up 6/3/06!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by widow_skywalker, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Title - Hearts On Fire: Inferno
    Author - widow_skywalker
    Characters - Anakin, Padme, Kahlei, Luke, Leia, Sidious, Bail Organa, and many many more!!!
    Genre - Romance with lots of angst.
    Timeframe - ROTS and beyond
    Keywords - AU, angst, and A/P
    Summary - Picks up three years after the original Hearts on Fire. Some things have changed in the lives of Anakin and Padme and in the Republic
    Disclaimer -The marvelous flanneled one owns all of this, except for Kahlei...She mine. But I let her play in his sandbox.

A/N: due to some PM issues, please let me know if you want to be added to the PM list for this fic. I don't want to be banned for "spamming" anyone!

Hearts on Fire: Inferno

Prologue

"A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them"~

Carl Gustav Jung

Anakin Naberrie rocked his daughter in the golden afternoon sunlight of he and Padmé?s apartment on Coruscant. The blissful silence as the toddler snuggled against him was worth all the sleepless nights spent chasing away assassins as the former head of his wife?s security forces. Little Leia was more exhilarating than any battle or chase even in her slumber. Anakin felt his pulse race as the little girl stirred, then continued her nap, ear pressed to her father?s chest, sighs in time with his heart beats.

Now, as simply a full-time husband, father and consort, Anakin treasured his place in the universe. The Force had shown him his place, and, in its wisdom, granted him the serenity of a family with the most graceful and loving being in the universe, his beloved Padmé, the current Senator of Naboo, and former Queen of the Naboo.

Not to say that the past two and a half years were perfect, by any means. Anakin was quick to recognize that he had a foul temper, and was prone to jealous rages concerning Padmé and her colleagues. Many a night before the twins were born, were spent in fiery argument concerning the looks and time spent with fellow Senators, male and female alike.

?Anakin you are simply ignorant!? Padmé tried to keep her voice small in the lift as they left the reception for the Hapen delegation. The entire night Anakin had brooded as male delegates, and even the Ta?Chume?s son, the gorgeous Prince Isolder had kissed her hand, lips lingering a moment too long for Anakin?s taste.

Padmé had blushed beautifully, much to Anakin?s distaste. He has only seen her color like that in the throes of their passion, when she forgot about her duty and was willing to let go of herself in his arms, and was not Senator or Queen, but his puppet, his plaything; a life-sized doll in his arms for his enjoyment only.

?The way you looked when they touched you? the blush on your cheeks.? He growled, his lids lowered, so she could not see the anger burning in his eyes, though his forehead was lined with it. ?It was carnal, your blush. You took a great deal of pleasure in their touch, didn?t you, Milady??

Padmé stepped back from him in the lift, hand to her heart. ?Is that what you think of me? That I would sleep my way to the top of the Senate? Anakin, you know-?

?I know that you had lovers.? The weight of the statement hung in the air. His callous nature playing out before her eyes, as this side of the man was not revealed until after they were married. His jealous fantasies of lovers, the fact that yes, as a Senator and as Queen, she had used her charms, her body as leverage in the political arena to gain the upper hand.

To strike at her opponents and make alliances forged in sweat and kisses, whispers in her ears of agreement which were clouded by pleasure, both taken and given.

Anakin forgot that it was just her body that she used. None had ever possessed her as he had, and the trysts stopped once he was with her.

The lift stopped, and the couple put their public façade on, the argument left behind in the lift.

That night their lovemaking had been frantic, as if he sought to drive the events of the night away

2. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    The prologe already! I am a giddy girl. Please put me on your pM list. Oh first post perhaps again?

3. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I am glad that you are back. I missed reading your stories.

This one has started nicely.:)
    I would love to be on your pm list since I don't want to miss any updates.
    Thanks again

4. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Anakin with a temper? Who'd a thunk it?o_O

Thanks for the PM and I look forward to MUCH more!

5. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Fabulous start!

That flashback was intense. Can't wait to see where you take this!

Definitely keep me on your pm list!

6. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    that was awesomeness!

7. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Was pleasantly surprised and pleased to see this story started. Keep me on the PM list, I don't want to miss anything.

That flashback was intense, but after every argument, couples should make-up. ;) Of course, I'm not sure if that was exactly making up, but whatever. Looking forward to more.

8. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Yay!!! Sequel!
    I love this so far, especially the twins and Anakin's fatherly role[face_love]

please keep me on the pm list:D

9. flyingcolours

flyingcolours Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    Sequel? Yay!

I'd like to be on the PM list too, thanks :)

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a wonderful beginning.

although, it is hard to imagine Anakin as just a full-time husband, father and consort!

I look forward to more, and please add me to the PM list[face_praying] [face_praying]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Me too..Me too!! I want to be on the pm list!

Great start, and the flashback with Anakin like that...a little creepy but I'll get over it[face_worried] I hope!!

Please post soon[face_peace]

12. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    :D I'm glad to see you're posting again!! Great start there although it looks as if there are lots of rough waters ahead for Anakin and Padme.

Please keep me on the list!

13. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

?I know that you had lovers.? The weight of the statement hung in the air. His callous nature playing out before her eyes, as this side of the man was not revealed until after they were married. His jealous fantasies of lovers, the fact that yes, as a Senator and as Queen, she had used her charms, her body as leverage in the political arena to gain the upper hand.

Ooh. An early post. Please put me on your PM list.

I really like the direction you are taking this. I like seeing Padme as someone who could have grown into a life a little less pollyanna than we see in canon. She's not an innocent flower just sitting around waiting on Anakin to hold her hand--she takes action and does things for herself and it's not particulary moral or pretty, lol.

I like seeing the contrast between Anakin as loving father who would do anything for his kids and the raging huband whose resentment is growing larger everyday.

Great start and I look forward to more.

14. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    ?Mom home soon?? Typical toddler question.

That's cute.
    I really like this prologe, so keep my Pms coming!!

15. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks for the PM widow_skywalker!

Wow, what a start! Very intense prologue indeed! Anakin
    sure has changed since the last time we saw him. He seems
    to be a good father to the twins but I wonder what kind
    of relationship he has with Padme now.

Please keep me in your PM list. :)

16. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Things ahve definitley changed,im very interested to learn more about anakin and padmes relationship now!!!!thnx for the pm

17. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    =D= Wonderful start! Keep me on the PM list!!

18. theman54

theman54 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2005
    What happened to Anakin?

19. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow.
    That was an intense flashback.

I can't see this as an atmosphere in which Anakin is going to flourish.

Nice work. =D=

20. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Wonderful start! Anakin holding Leia... how cute! I noticed Anakin's last name is now Naberrie... is that a Naboo custom? If so, then will Luke and Leia have thier father's surname or thier mother's?

21. nabooromance

nabooromance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Enjoyed the start! Please keep me on the PM list. and thanks for the link! (always makes things easier)
    Bri

22. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great start to this! Anakin's resentment of Padme's stature definitely seems to be a very volatile situation.

Edit: Please PM me if you have the time (if you're not too busy with classes and all)

23. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    Ohh this really great.. and so cool.. its going to be very intense for what I can see... much better...

please add me to the PM list please.. thanx so much for the PM..

Mary

24. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwww!

?Mom home soon?? Typical toddler question. Anakin ruffled the golden hair on his son?s head, and smiled.

?Yes, Luke, Mommy will be home soon.?

oh dear... she DOES come home, right? please tell me my imagination is playing tricks on me...

great post and you are hereby FORBIDDEN to stop pm-ing me. I'm not missing this!

25. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Finally got around to reading this and I am so glad I did.

This is a very interesting start to the sequel. I love the idea that Anakin is staying home with the kids. And Anakin with a temper! Who'd have thought?

Please do pm me with the updates. I don't want to miss out on this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.