main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Heartsong (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman Fic)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by PetraKenobi, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I don't know if this is allowed, but seeing as how other people post fics to other tv series, I figured it's okay; the moderators are free to think otherwise. I started writing this story just about 3 weeks ago, mainly because I was inspired from watching the entire series on dvd, and I wanted to do a little more in the way of Sully's POV. You are welcome to be critical, but please, keep it nice. Hope y'all enjoy it as I write it. :)

?Sully!? His wife?s cry sliced through the night. He paced back and forth outside, the icy fingers of fear and dread tightening their grip on his heart. He had been sent away from his wife?s side, sent away because of her pain and struggle. Her pregnancy hadn?t been easy from the start; Abagail had always been a delicate flower, yet strong enough to survive on the frontier?the Colorado territory. But was she strong enough to survive this? Sully wasn?t sure. Another cry pierced his thoughts; then all became silent, even though the chirping of the crickets was loud. Something had happened, he knew it did. The door to the homestead slowly opened, and Charlotte Cooper walked out, her face drawn with sadness.

?Abagail, is she?? Sully started to ask, but Charlotte slowly shook her head.

?I?m so sorry, Sully; she didn?t survive? the black-haired woman responded.

?But the baby survived, right?? Sully asked, and again Charlotte shook her head.

?The baby was stillborn. It was a girl? she said sadly. Sully wasted no time in ascending the steps to the door and going inside. His wife, Abagail Bray Sully was lying on the bed, looking as peaceful as she always did, except when she was angry. The baby was wrapped in a blanket and lying in Abagail?s arms; their daughter. HIS daughter. He knelt down beside the bed, his hands clasping her arm that held their daughter, and he wept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.