main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD HEATH LEDGER = DEAD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by kahli, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    So were they finished on the new batman movie? cos I was kinda looking forward to seeing him in that, even if i did think he was a bit of a ****er.

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I thought that it was some sort of stupid prank when I saw it on news.com. That sucks so much, such a waste of talent and ability.

Kithera

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Woah. That was... sudden. I'm not really sure what to say. He was just starting to get interesting as an actor, I thought. Real career-cut-short sort of territory. I thought this was a joke at first too. Crazy.

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh my God. I can't really sum up my thoughts in a way that does them any justice. My brain doesn't want to process this data.

What... just, what? It doesn't sound right does it? [face_plain]

6. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    No it doesn't seem right at all! I thought it had to be a joke! Just watching channel 7 now, and it's not on the news at all! Seems like no-one here knows about it!!

*tears* It's just not fair! He just got the biggest break of his life!

7. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Here's an actor who was finally starting to get the respect and recognition he deserved. For years now it's been obvious his best roles were ahead of him. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble processing this at all. His future was so certain that it's difficult to believe he's been robbed of it.

8. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    As BBN said, this is sudden! I guess death usually is but still, you don't expect a 28yo who's got talent and a steady stream of work in movies to kick that final bucket.

AICN reports that he was entirely finished with his role in The Dark Knight and so, just like Brandon Lee with The Crow, Heath Ledger will have his final send off to the world through film... and I'm guessing, just like Brandon Lee, this will be his finest performance too.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Not the news you want to hear when your radio alarm wakes you up. I did that whole sleep deprived "Huh? Issajoke" thing but between the SMSes (Batman Fans) and news wire services...

Sadness regarding career aside, the tragedy here is that we've got another little girl who'll grow up not knowing her father. His daughter Matilda is two years old.

A bizarre addendum to this, Terry Gilliam had cast Heath Ledger for his next project, which apparently has started production. Naturally, this is gonna stall things. Terry Gilliam is officially the unluckiest film director in the world right now.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
  11. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    5.8 Australians on average take thier life every day. 2100 or so a year.
    Hope his passing can be used for the greater good by the anti-suicide / beyond blue groups.

What I'll feel the most about this is how much I'm going to be sick of seeing Entertainment Tonight, New Idea etc (even Sunrise *shudder*) run with this and make it a media storm.

12. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So it was suicide, then? Where did you hear that? The most recent news I caught on the subject was specifically denying that it was. Apparently he'd struggled for years with drug abuse.

We may never know, which must be awful for the family.

13. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    This is just odd... There seem to have been plenty of healthy people dying lately... Or maybe you just notice it more as you get older.

Wasn't really a fan of his, but he was far from a bad actor.

14. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It has to be suicide... all these actors are ***ked in the head and are never happy with what they've accomplished! It's pretty selfish when you consider he's left his daughter to grow up without her father.

15. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't think it is suicide. Ledger had said in interviews that since he started preparing for The Joker, he had trouble sleeping. He said that he couldn't stop thinking about the role and he got that into that he could only get an hours worth of sleep. So he was prescribed sleeping pills. He had pneumonia at the time, which he was also on medication for. If you mix prescription sleeping pills with medication and alcohol (I presume), you've got a recipe for chemical overdose.

For whatever reason it happened, it is still terrible. Especially for his young daughter who'll never get to know her father. He had an incredible talent and he had his best work ahead of him. Now it's going to be incredibly creepy to watch TDK. (Has anybody looked at the "Why So Serious" poster since? It's really really really creepy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.