main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Heath Ledger dead

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    Just saw this. Details are still sketchy. Heath Ledger has apparently been found dead in his NY apartment, after a suspected overdose ...

CNN story

2. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    i wonder if he had to do any last things for The dark knight, i surpose theyl have to recast or scrap his cameo in the third entirely

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    He had a cameo in the third?

Yeah its a helluva thing, and its quite odd. He wasnt a druggie apparently, and he was doing very well career wise.

4. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

So far they're saying it was non-prescription sleeping pills.

5. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    yeh well rumors were he had a sort of small role in the third,,, but i think if that was thier plan they should scrap it, it would be a bit of an insult to his memory if they recasted him with sumone else,, even if it is a small role for the third, luckily shooting finished in november, i couldnt imagine what the nolans would do if he had more scenes to film... apprently the autopsy is tomorow, which will tell the full detaisl i guess

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I wonder if Warner Bros will press on with the "Why So Serious?" campaign. I doubt it, but it would be a bold statement if they did.

7. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im shocked he died n all, but the people calling in who are "Devestated at the loss...?"

Dude was an actor. he didnt save the world.

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Ditto. Especially if he's taken his own life, don't feel sorry for him, feel sorry for his daughter who'll grow up without a father.

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    While I don't think he took his own life, I'm pretty saddened by the loss. Something along the lines of River Phoenix - Quality Actor who was lost yonks before their time.

Guess we know the fate of him in The Dark Knight. As far as the third movie is concerned, not to sure what was on the cards there. I still think the marketing for The Dark Knight is the biggest cover-up for whats really in store for viewers....

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's a shame that the lives of actors are so closely scrutinised.

Despite my reservations of the man, and he was a talented actor, I do hope it wasn't a case of a deliberate overdose. I don't wish that upon anyone, and my thoughts right now are with his child who will not grow up without a father.

11. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Latest I've heard is that he had pneumonia and was on prescription medication (also found in his room) to treat it. And took the non-prescription sleeping pills because he couldn't sleep, and died as a result of mixing the medications. So it looks like an accidental death rather than suicide.

12. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    BWHAHAHAA!

Oh, my sides!

Heh, sorry dude, but that son of a bitch had bags under his eyes you could have taken flat packed wardrobes home in.

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    An insomniac with heavy baggage under their eyes. What are the odds.

14. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Ah, good ol' Oz. How ya been?

Nah, I can tell the difference. I saw them up close.

15. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    They still have the "Why so serious?" posters, at least all over Canada. I'm sure they do here, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.