Heath Ledger found dead...?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by darthgoat, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    speaking ill of the newly dead brings bad luck, fyi
  2. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.

Dave
    "Look...good against Heath Ledger is one thing...good against the living...that's something else."
  3. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know how Femme meant it, but I don't bring up River Phoenix in the context of, these are comprable actors that both died. I bring it up because those were both actors that I think were hot. I mean, it's shallow, but they were both great looking guys to me. My reaction for both was not along of the lines of young actors that had a whole career ahead of them, more like, "they were too cute to die!"
    Shallow, yes. Embarrasing to admit to, yes.
  4. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    2 points for a SW quote, Bosh.

5. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    I think this may be my second favorite Bosh_Talk quote/post. My #1 is from a few years back, in the thread "RE: Feature length fan film trilogy? We need help". It's weird to recall a single post from so long ago but it worked so well in the context of the thread, it's one of the funnier things I've ever read on these boards.

The gist of the thread was YodaDaMax wanted to make a fan film, a huge production as it was described. Responses varied from supportive to highly critical, and about halfway through this six-page thread, out of nowhere, ConnekAnchi posted that s/he (sorry, I don't know) was working with YodaDaMax. Bosh_Talk's response:

"This is getting out of hand...now there are two of them."

It was like Nute Gunray was sitting right there. Out of context, it may seem only mildly amusing, but at the time something about that made me laugh for days.
  6. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just here to dumb things down.

D'
  7. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Achievement Unlocked - Dumbing it down.
  8. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Bosh has adapted his paintball "spray 'n pray" method to online posting. He posts so much that one or two good posts are bound to slip through.

Check back in 2012!
  9. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9718/dumbassesuu6.jpg]

That makes me never want to become a Christian.
  10. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    What I'd like to know is where a cult of ignorant, inbred rednecks gets all their travel money.

D'
  11. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    sick, but not suprising

sounds like a battle is looming: http://angelcitysdevil.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=352&Itemid=2

12. kosure Jedi Knight

star 3
    ...and did you guys hear what that Fox News guy said on his radio show. I don't know why famous people dying has to be an opportunity for people to be really tacky.
  13. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Fox has a news show?

D'
  14. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    This makes me never want to be human... oh wait! dammit!
  15. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I guess they glossed over the section about he who has not sinned can cast the first stone.

16. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Considering that Heath Ledger (as far as I can tell) wasn't actually gay, he just played one in a movie, it's stupid to assault him for it. Jeremy Irons talked about how when he did Lolita a few years ago people attacked him for portraying a child molester. He mentioned that earlier in his career, no one condemned him for playing Hamlet, who is arguably a more vile character than Humbert Humbert.

D'
  17. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The Phelps family (aka, Westboro Baptist Church) doesn't even qualify as worth anyone's time. Unfortunately, they're ridiculously vocal and confrontational. YouTube may still have the BBC series from a year or two ago called "The Most Hated Family in America." It's pretty depressing, but also somewhat reassuring to see the pathetic nature of their lives.

-Le Penguin
    "Does the Bible really say that they eat feces?"
  18. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    This is sure to revive your faith.

D'
  19. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  20. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    wow...how/where did you find that?
  21. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    A friend of mine from school posted it on his Facebook page. He also writes for the school newspaper...if that tells you anything.

D'
  22. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel dumber for now looking at that....where's my Jack to wash that out of my brain...
  23. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    Dude's a SW fan:

http://www.whiteboydj.com/links.html
  24. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I tend to agree with you, but they still piss me off. For me, it's like being an American and traveling abroad; I am not embarrassed to be American but I am constantly embarrassed by the actions of the other Americans around me. The Phelps family are even worse, claiming to be Christian when their actions clearly prove that they are not. They are sullying the image of something that I care about, and they need to stop.

Were I a violent man, I can see how about 300 gallons of napalm would take care them. Well, their earthly existence, anyway. Of course, having broken 8 of the 10 Commandments* already, I could kill them and worship an idol and have the complete set. Do you think you get a set of dishes or maybe steak knives for that?

-Haz
    *which are easier to lookup on Wikipedia instead of the actual Bible, which is both cool and sad at the same time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.