main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
  2. skreed01

skreed01 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2007
    Spoilers from Ark of Truth will be included in this post.

Ok, I did not respond to this before because I had to recheck my Facts, and I wanted to check out the Stargate SG1 Ark of Truth Movie as that ties up the Ori War and answers all questions left from that storyline when the series ended. As per the Movie, The Staffs of the Prior's Do Not connect them to the Ori; they are a focus point for their individual abilities, and a Means of Communicating with each other and the Doci. We can ascertain this by the fact that the Ark of truth stated that Merlin?s weapon DID in fact work. The Ori where in fact destroyed, The Priors still retained all their abilities while the Ori where destroyed and before Adria ascended. So, the Priors do not in fact receive anything from the Ori save for some initial Genetic Tampering, and DNA/RNA encoded instructions. How do I know this, If they where receiving power from the Ori through their staves, then when the Ori where destroyed the Priors would have been powerless. Their ships would have been dead in space, and their armies would have been disinhearted by the loss of their religious leaders. This also explains how Garak turned to Flames in the SGC without the Ori's direct intervention ( which as we know the Ascended Ancients shield does not allow the Ori to Directly intervene in our Galaxy ) when he cured several people of the Prior Plague with out the Ori's or the Doci's blessing. By tapping into his abilities and using his staff as a focal point he alerted the other Priors in our Galaxy of what he was doing, and they retaliated, by destroying him because he Betrayed the Ori. Also as stated in the movie, While ascended beings do not Need followers for any energy ( quite frankly, I think any being with the power to alter nature and or matter on a planetary, or Galactic scale is quite powerful enough indeed) they do get a slight power boast from they prayers and souls that they leach off of their followers. That does not mean an evil ascended being requires it once he, she or it becomes an ascended being. Even without her followers Ascended Adria, was still quite powerful. The difference being that The Ancients ( i.e. Morgan ) could not intervene until as the saying goes they playing field was leveled. Once that happened, it was just like Oma vs. Anubis, at the end of season seven. They will battle until the end of time.

As for destroying the Ori and the effect that would have on the war. As stated earlier, That would only work if it can be proven, and if you can get all the Priors and Doci to agree to it. As stated in the Movie, when the fires in the Holy city of the Ori went out ( when Merlin?s weapon was activated ) The Doci and the Priors took it as a sign of displeasure from their God's that they were not doing enough to when their crusade. Which drove them to conscript more warriors, and create more ships. Basically, to try to win back the fav

3. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Skreed01?Appreciate the discussion. I haven?t had a chance to see Ark of Truth yet, but that?s pretty much what I?d been able to pick out of it. Since this story was finished before the last season of Stargate was even over, there is going to be some divergence between this and canon on SG-1. Can?t be helped, but hopefully that divergence from canon won?t be too upsetting, since the Ori working with Romulans was never canon either ;)

As for the Organians?since the Ori could conceivable hurt them, this isn?t a matter of just primitives giving them a headache. They are, like the Q and other higher beings, waiting to see what happens before they take any direct action. That?s the official line. The unofficial line was they simply had no place in the story I was telling, so I just never thought about them. Maybe not the best explanation, but it's the honest one.

Chapter Sixty-Five: Europa, Europa

United Earth Commonwealth Orbital Defense Platform Alexander Matrosov
    Sunday, November 19, 4 CE
    11:34 p.m. GMT

The trip back to Earth via hyperspace was a matter of hours at top speed. Kyle Katarn stood in the forward observation deck of the UECS Odyssey as the swirl of hyperspace collapsed into the more defined tones of real space. The brilliant blue orb of Earth expanded at radical speed until the ships came to a relative stop, and the planet took up much of the view port. He caught peripheral splashes of blue radiation from the real-space conversions of the Daedalus and Achilles, as well as the two Imperial Star destroyers Fel?s Pride and Bastion. A moment later one of the Antaran ships carrying Max and Tess arrived.

The first thing he saw was the third and fourth star destroyers that comprised the distant Emperor?s task force. The second was the defense platform named after a Russian hero Kyle knew nothing about. The platform was dwarfed next to the 10-kilometer-long ship. Finally he saw the Prometheus and the Ajax in the far distance, barely visible as more than specks of light.

?Master Katarn,? Teal?c said.

Kyle turned to face the first man he ever met on Earth. ?My friend.?

Teal?c bowed his head solemnly. ?Admiral O?Neill is on the defense platform and requests your presence at a briefing to begin as soon as you arrive. All captains, both Commonwealth and allies, have been requested to attend.?

Katarn nodded. ?Have the rest of Max and Tess?s Antaran ships arrived??

?The others are remaining at Vulcan to provide cover until the Vulcan government is able to restore all communications and defenses.?

Kyle nodded. ?Something is coming. I can feel it.?

?Me too, my friend.?

?Then let?s go see what?s waiting,? Kyle said.

They arrived by Asgard beams in a spacious room dedicated just to that purpose. Admiral O?Neill waited for them with General Chekov by his side, and Deputy Prime Minister Franklin.

Kyle blinked when he felt the worry flowing from all three. ?What?s happened??

?You know that new listening post we just set up near Jupiter?? Jack said.

?Yeah??

?It?s gone. The Sol System is being invaded.?

When all parties arrived in the conference room, one wall of which was composed of a transparisteel window looking down on Europe, Kyle took a long, assessing look at the alliance gathered.

He saw representatives of six separate races from three difference galaxies in one room, each in their respective uniforms (or in the case of the Asgard, lack thereof). Siana, Ostrael, Max, Tess, Michael, Isabel, Daniel and Shepherd arrived behind the rest, while O?Neill and Minister Franklin walked to the front of the room.

?Okay, people, first things first,? O?Neill said. He looked to Franklin, who stepped forward and slowly looked around the room.

Her eyes started with the Antaran named Laric, then to the contingent of Imperial captains led by Antias Holon, flanked by a female Chiss captain to his right and two human male captains on his left. Then to Th

4. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Music for this battle: "The Battle of Evermore" by Led Zeppelin. It's about the Battle of the Pellinore Fields.

5. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    Isn't that a battle from the Legend of King Arthur? As I recall it did not go that well for Arthur in thst fight.

Anyway this was once again an awesome although chllling and suspensfull update! =D=

I mean wow 14 Ori ships! The Ori are throwing just about everything but the kitchen sink at them. This one is going to be really ugly and it does become obvious that they need tom find that darn Merlin weapon because there is no way to win a war of atrition with the Ori at this point. Not withn their ships being built safely galaxies away with no way of damaging their capacity for war...

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    To show how far behind I am recently on everything, I hadn' even realized that Ark of Truth was already out. It's only on dvd, right? And isn't there a second SG-1 movie coming sometime, too?

7. skreed01

Jun 15, 2007
    The answer is yes to both. Ark of truth is only on DVD. And the second SG! Movie is due out sometime latter this year it is called Stargate Continueum. And in answer to the unspoken question yes it does involve time travel.

8. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    Well all I can say now is please let there be an update this monday, please, please, please![face_praying]

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent! Sorry it took me so long to get over here. Between going out of town, working, the holidays and family stuff, I've been bad! :p

Loved it! =D=

10. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    I'll post responses in my previous post. Too many technical problems to risk it here.

Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Battle of Sol

Synchronous Orbit with Jovian moon Europa,
    670,000 kilometers from Jupiter
    Monday, November 20, 4 CE
    10:54 a.m. GMT

?This will be a glorious day for the Ori,? the Prior said. He turned his milky eyes onto Praetor Shutok. ?And for the Romulan Empire.?

Shutok, like most Romulans, was a practical man. Like any Romulan worthy of attaining his lofty position, he was also an intelligent man. As such, he neither believed a word the Prior said, nor dared speak a word against it. Rather, he nodded with a forced expression of serenity on his face and watched as the majority of the Empire?s resources sat hovering in orbit around an icy moon of a gas giant awaiting an attack by ships even the Ori admitted were a threat.

The Romulans were, simply put, being used as bait in a trap. That fact left a bad taste in the Praetor?s mouth, but he doubted there was anything he could do about it.

?Praetor!? the tactical officer called. ?We have ships on approach vector. They are coming at sublight speed.?

Shutok?s heavy brows furrowed. ?Sublight? I thought these creatures had warp capable craft.?

?The ships on approach are small, sir. One man fighters, mostly. I do scan other ships, though. Vuhlkanu, sir!?

Shutok?s furrowed brows suddenly raised. ?The Vuhlkanu are here? Why would they be here??

?It does not matter,? the Prior said. His voice boomed through the comfortably dim bridge of the ship. ?All who do not follow the Path of Origin shall be destroyed.?

?As it may be,? Shutok said, his face neutral again. ?Tactical, how many ships??

There was no answer, which was highly telling. The Praetor stepped across the bridge and stood behind the man, who looked up with fear. ?Sir, the ships are small, but there are so many. Over a thousand.?

?Hallowed are the Ori,? the Prior intoned.

High Earth Orbit
    11:02 a.m. GMT

The UECS Agamemnon, newly commissioned, listed to its port side as the entire length of its starboard nacelle sheered away under the unbelievable firepower of the Ori attack ships. The dying command carrier fired its primary weapon, but only at a fraction of full power due to its own failing reactors.

Still, the blast was sufficient to strike the Ori ship and throw its trajectory off. The beam that was to strike the Earth ship flew past instead, grazing off the edge of the atmosphere of the Earth itself as it headed into deep space. The beam would continue unabated at an oblique angle of the solar ecliptic until it struck a planetoid-sized Kuiper Belt object.

No one aboard the Agamemnon cared. A second Ori ship, itself just ahead of the UECS Odyssey and Achilles, fired its primary weapon. The Agamemnon died in a flash of white light and explosive out-gassing. At that moment a barrage of resonance torpedoes struck the Ori vessel.

?Admiral, Ori shields have not collapsed!? Captain Emerson called. ?We do show that they were weakened by the torpedoes, but they are still there.?

?I hate it when Thor?s right!? Jack said as he stepped to Emerson?s side and viewed the sensor results. In the center seat, Shintre merely nodded.

?Even so, Captain, I believe we should still be able to get their attention. Contact Achilles and coordinate fire, both primary weapons at full power.?

?Sir!? Emerson acknowledged.

O?Neill said nothing. He was the fleet admiral, but this was not his ship, and he knew better than to dally in Shintre?s business. That?s why he appointed the man in the first place.

The two Earth ships fired their main cannons simultaneously, tearing through the weakened Ori shields and destroying the enemy ship. ?Sir, another enemy ship is firing on the surface!?

Jack looked up at the tactical screen with his heart in his throat. He saw one of the Ori ships launching its white beam toward the surface. It moved wit

11. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Sorry for getting the responses late. I've never had so much trouble posting before. I think it was because of all the HTML coding with italics.

TigerofRobare?Excellent score selection, my friend.

PunkMaister?Author won the day but lost his life. And the Ori are throwing a whole lot into this battle. Keep in mind, however, they have a fairly advanced base of operations now, though, in Romulus. That includes shipyards.

Jedi-2B?I?ve seen the previews and I anticipate getting it fairly shortly, along with nBSG Season 3, of course ;)

Skreed01?Thanks

PunkMaister(2)?Here you go. Sorry for missing last money. DRL. Also, there were some issues with these last chapters?an unusual number of errors that my Beta (thank you, Jedi-2B) caught. I think part of this was that I got stuck in the previous chapter for a couple of months before I figured out what to do next. I literally wrote all of Legacy of the Red Sun: The Empire?s Revenge and Last Son of Krypton while trying to figure out what to do next. When I realized what had to happen, it poured out very fast. And had lot?s of errors. That said, if you or Skreed01 catch anything I or my incredible Beta missed (such as mis-named ships, ships appearing after being destroyed, etc), please let me know.

VaderLVR64?No worries, thank you so much for reading!

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Tough battles both places, either one could go either way at this point.

Oh, and a Star Destroyer named Jaina? [face_thinking] I wonder where you think the Fels get their Force sensitivity from. :p

13. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Awesome update. The Battle of the Pellinor Fields is the battle in front of Minas Tirith in Return of the King.

14. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    I remember writing out a scorecard on this chapter for what's happening to which ships. Quite a complicated battle! Good job, D_M. =D=

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A well crafted and tense battle scene! Loved it.

?Kyle Katarn,? the lead Prior called. ?The time of your reckoning has come. You will either follow the path of Origin, or you will die this very day.?

Kyle shrugged. ?Today?s as good a day as any.?

[face_laugh] =D=

16. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006

:eek: Holy Darn!:eek: Talk about a cliffhanger! I even heard the narrator at the end saying "Will Earth be fried chicken again? Will our brave heroes be able to save the day? Tune in next week for our next exciting episode on this same channel":D

Awesome absolutely awesome update Marrs!=D=

17. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Ultima_1?It gets tougher still. As for Jaina?In the section where Siana goes back to the GFFA, I give a brief AU history of the empire and Establish that it was founded by Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo. Completely AU since we don?t know that for sure, but it makes sense to explain why the Imperial family seems to be Force sensitive.

TigerofRobare?Thank you!!

Jedi-2B?I?m glad you did, I obviously got the Jaina and Bastion completely mixed up.

VaderLVR64?Thank you, and there?s more to come as well.

PunkMaister?Thank you, I?m glad you enjoyed it. And PunkMaister?I put the first part of this chapter in just for you. I hope you enjoy!

Okay, I have to say a special thanks to Jedi-2B here. The last few chapters of Part IV gushed out faster than normal and had many more mistakes than is normal even for me. She caught most of them and did a great job Beta reading. Thank you!!

Also, for Skreed01 and PunkMaister--I finally got Ark of Truth. It was a pretty good wrap up to the Ori story line. The Doci and Priors retained there power after the Death of the Ori, but of course as you know Adria also ascended, so the Ori are not completely gone, just distilled. However, it was interesting that ALL OF THE PRIORS STAFFS were connected in each respective galaxy, but there was a limit on communications between the galaxies pretty close to what I went with in Heaven Falls.

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend renting or buying it. It was very enjoyable.

18. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006

Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Price of Light
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    4:20 a.m. MST (11:20 a.m. GMT)

Maria woke with a scream.

Billy jumped from the bed, as startled as she was. ?Maria, what?s wrong??

Outside, a crack of lightening flashed across the sky. Maria ignored Bill and climbed out of bed. It had been a mark of desperation, calling him. He came anyway, as he always did. That was the difference between Michael and Billy. After meeting Kyle Katarn, Michael dedicated himself to something larger than the two of them, while Billy dedicated himself just to her.

She turned on the television as another crack of lightning flashed across the sky. ?It?s just a storm,? Billy said, trying to comfort her. ?Though I don?t remember any reports of rain tonight.?

She ignored him. On every channel, it was the same. Billy stopped talking to himself as he also realized what was happening. On every channel, it showed images through a telescope of a war in heaven. And every so often a beam of light came searing down from the heavens to impact something just over the Earth?s surface.

She turned the sound up.

??that?s right, Dawn. The Prime Minister and staff at Commonwealth have been relocated to safety by elements of the Special Investigation Unit. These agents, who call themselves 'Jedi,' were specially trained by the hero of Doomsday, Kyle Katarn, and have been instrumental in fighting back several pockets of invading armies. These ?Ori? soldiers are fanatical, and fight to the last man.?

A corner of the screen zoomed away from the report to the woman who must have been Dawn. ?Jack, I?m going to break in here. Commonwealth and US officials report that Ori troops have landed here in the United States in both Washington D.C. and in Nevada, a few hundred miles south of Las Vegas, near a Commonwealth research site called Ruby Valley. Both Commonwealth and U.S. armed forces are responding. All residents near those areas are urged to stay in your homes and take cover as you would for bad weather. Stay away from?.?

Billy blinked. ?Maria, what are you doing??

?Didn?t you hear?? Maria said. ?They?re at Ruby Valley.?

?Where?s that??

?It?s where Michael is!?

Billy froze. ?Maria,? he whispered, his hurt throbbing in his face.

Maria felt her eyes burn. ?I thought this was enough,? she whispered. ?I thought the fame and money and you would be enough.? She paused long enough to grab not her fur-lined coat, but just a plain black warm-weather coat off her rack, a pair of sneakers and her purse, and then she was out of the apartment.

Billy remained standing in the living room, watching on TV as his world fell apart.

Commonwealth, France
    11:35 a.m. GMT

As Kyle Katarn fought for his life in the burning city of Commonwealth, he realized that the enemy strategy was never to destroy the entire Earth fleet, although that was always a risk.

The strategy was to get as many Priors on the surface of the planet as possible.

?Kyle,? Roberta?s voice said into his ear through the earpiece adhered to his head. He ducked a swing of one Prior?s staff, lashed a second with Force lightning and kicked a third. ?The shipyards had no Prior contacts. I?ve beamed Siana and Dana back to you with reinforcements.?

A fourth Prior cracked the ground under Kyle?s feet. He harnessed the Force and launched himself into the air while spraying white lightning over them all. ?Okay,? he managed to gasp. ?The Prime Minister is under direct attack. Defend him at all costs.?

?Understood. Everyone else has reported heavy Prior contact. Devlin?s suffering a bit in Moscow.?

?Ship Siana to him,? Kyle said. ?We can?t lose Moscow either.?

A staff snuck through his defenses and seared his arm. He Force-pushed the Prior off his feet, but five more took his place. So far, Kyle counted ten Priors just in Commonwealth, and so far eight of those faced him.

He Force-pulled one of the Priors to him and spun around,

19. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    I think that this was the best chapter yet. Both sides took heavy losses. This felt like a true battle. I feel that the Stargate and Star wars franchises make the enemies out to be clowns. Jaffa, Ori soldiers, and Storm Troopers can not hit an allied target to save their lives. Sorry to see Kyle go, but I feel confident we have not seen the last of Katarn. Keep up the good work Darth_Marrs.

20. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    ?Kill me, and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine,? Kyle said.

Perfect line. Kyle went out in a true blaze of glory.

I did get 'Ark of Truth' for my birthday, and watched it today. And I've started on the next section for you. I'm still one whole section ahead of your posting, right?

21. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    WOW!!!

PunkMaister, I think that kitchen sink has been thrown in...

talk about battle of light and dark...

=D= [face_dancing] [face_hypnotized]

22. skreed01

Jun 15, 2007
    Excellant Post. Fantastic Battle. Sad to see Kyle go, but in the Long run, it was the biggest mistake the Ori, and Adria could possibly make. With a Jedi among the ascended ranks in our Galaxy, the Ori don't have long before they are defeated. Well Done Darth Marrs.

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Kill me, and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine,? Kyle said.

Incredibly well done! =D=

24. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    Ummm... Ok I give up! Could you please clarify waht you mean by SW and SG franchise enemies being clowns? Because I never pictured Palpatine or the Vong as Clowns and neither have I ever pictured Anubis, The Wraith or the Ori as clowns either...:confused:

In regards to Kyle Katarn need I remind you that he is not dead? He ascended and just like Daniel in the original timeline he could at some point descend back into mortal human form so rest assured Kyle Katarn very much lives on...;)

You can say that again! Wow indeed...=D=

The following are a few pics so those unfamiloar with the SGverse can see how Dark side force drawn fire from the Orici looks like as well as how a Force bubble looks like and a force Maelstrom lightning storm as well!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/OricisforceblastvsAncientsforcee-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/OricisforceblastvsAncientsforcee-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/OricisforceblastvsAncientsforcee-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/OricisforceblastvsAncientsforcee-4.jpg

Another example of a force bubble would the one that Anubis son created to deflect machine gun bullets:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/AnubisSon14.jpg

Ands this is how a force lightning storm maelstrom more or lexs would look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/Ancientsforcelightningstormpowers01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/Ancientsforcelightningstormpowers02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RJLCyberPunk/WeBsite%20Images/Ancientsforcelightningstormpowers03.jpg

Now isn't the force awesome?:D

And yes Darth Morena Bacarin is indeed absolutely gorgeous we know...:p

25. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Excellion_razor?Thank you. Unlike the battles I had in GOD&L, this one was more intense because there were actually fewer ships, so I was able to take a more personal approach. And definitely we will see Kyle again. In fact, he says as much in this next chapter;)

Jedi-2B?Thanks, I was hoping to fit it in somewhere.

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter?Thank you. I didn?t hold much back in this one. In fact, this was almost the end of the whole story, but I realized there was still a little more to go.

Skreed01?Thank you, but indeed, Kyle did have to go. And it was a mistake for Adria and the Ori. I?m glad you enjoyed it!

VaderLVR64?Thank you.

PunkMaister?I hesitate to put words in other people?s mouths, but I suspect he means the tendency of SW and SG villains to always make classic villain mistakes that allow unimaginably weaker heroes to continually defeat them. Where as if the Villains were really like German Nazis in WWII in terms of ruthless efficiency, with Goa'uld or Imperial weapons, Earth would have been ashes and the Rebellion wiped away.

Also, thanks for the links!

Author?s Note:

Okay, when I first started talking about Heaven Falls at the end of Gods of Dark and Light as a sequel, Parts IV and V were really what I was referring to. Parts I-III essentially were to set the stage of the Jedi?s presence on Earth, and the unusually high power levels of those Jedi. But this battle and the section to come are the true sequels to Gods of Dark and Light. In a way, I?m sorry it took so long to get here, since I feel I lost a LOT of the GOD&L readers, but those of you who?ve stuck with it this entire time, I truly thank you for reading and posting your reviews. This chapter is not the end, it is the beginning of the war. Part V is coming next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.