main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    Oh![face_blush] Ooops my mistake then!

Still please Darth I would appreciate if you could answer the other questions I posted afterward...

2. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Wow! Amazing story you have going here. I am impressed with the characterizations and the set up you are building. Very intense! I am loving it. Please add me to the PM list!

Cheers,
    Wyo

3. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Wow. This is great. Could you please add me to the PM list?

Darth Nihil is really scary. This is just fiction right?

4. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    ooo good story, its nice to see a crossover with Roswell! Can I go on the PM list please!

5. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    First, let me say that this story is flowing well and that I like it. I have never seen an episode of Roswell though, so I am a little in the dark abt the main characters mentioned so far. I assume that the alien that the sith killed at the crash sight was one of the black oil aliens from X-Files. I am looking forward to more familiar characters from my favorite sci-fi series other than Star Wars, which is the Stargate Universe. I am also a pretty big fan of all the Star Trek series as well with the exception of ST: Voyager. Never really cared for Janeway as a captain. Other aspects of Voyager were good such as the Borg conflicts. Enough rambling on my part, keep up the good work Darth_Marrs and keep those updates coming!!!

P.S. I loved the way that you ended the Ori conflict in your previous fic, I only hope that the Powers that be at the Sci-Fi Network (AKA The Jerks) allow the producers of SG-1 to produce a quality ending to a story ark that realistically needs another season or two to wrap up properly.

6. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    The story won't be concluded in this season but in upcoming direct to DVD films last I heard...

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Kidan?Thank you.

Talon-Kenobi?I?m glad you?re enjoying the chaos I spin. Hopefully it will come to make sense. If not, PM me and I?ll give you all the inside juice. [face_shhh]

Ikarit?I have to admit I?ve been worried about folks from GOD&L enjoying this one since it?s so different. But, to be honest, I LIKE THIS ONE A LOT BETTER. I?ve had much more fun writing it, and I can say now that this one will be much larger. I?m already at a 140,000+ words and I?m only a 3rd of the way into part 3 (hopefully my Beta won't faint if she reads that). It may even go longer depending on if I have to carry it into a fourth part. As for the PM list?consider it done!

VaderLVR64?Oh no, another victim of my chaos and confusion! :oops: Hang in there, it?ll make sense eventually.

Dajohu?I?m glad it?s gelling a little. I hate to admit it, but having seen a little Roswell makes sense. If nothing else, just to see faces with characters. You might all want to have a look at http://crashdown.com/ for a fresher if you have the time. If nothing else, you can attach faces to characters. For instance, Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens from Grey's Anatomy is Katherin Heigl, who played Isobel Evans, Max's sister.

sdhfs?great, thanks for reading!

Jedi-2B?fixed the bracket, thanks! And really, trust me?it?s an actual theorem of relativity that time slows and mass increases as you approach the speed of light.:-B Of all the things I pull out my butt, [face_monkey] that is not one of them. Oh, and have I mentioned lately what a great Beta I have?[:D]

cibbler?I?m glad you?re liking it. But as for the ending of Chapter 3?trust me, it gets worse. Just wait until Nihl gets to Fort Sumner. I have to say I actually felt bad writing it. Nihl is a very bad man.

LordInferno?everything falls everywhere. It gets pretty wild. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Centerpoint1?done, and thank you.

PunkMaister?don?t worry, I?ve done a quick read over something before and missed a word that changed the meeting. Nihl is about as un-sexual as one can be. His pleasure comes from inflincting pain and sorry, not from any type of sexual gratification. As for your questions:

1) Darth Nihl snuck aboard Siana?s shuttle after killing Kol Skywalker in the hopes that she would lead him to young Cale Skywalker. Instead, he got dragged across the universe and is feeling a bit peevish over the situation. It's not stated explicitly until later.
    2) The Asgard/Antaran relationship is addressed in the story.
    3) The dates I use correlate as closely as possible to the air dates of each individual show. Jan 2002 is season 3 of Roswell and season 5 of Stargate. It is also, by chance, the final season of the X-Files. This story is taking place just three weeks after the episode where Liz first displays Antaran power during her father?s New Year?s party. This chapter places the time frame in relation to Stargate.
    4) The girl Max had an affair with is Tess Harding, and in another life she was actually his wife. That?s sorta of a plot point too. A minor one, but it comes into prominence during Part 2 and possible Part 3.

Tjmitchem?yep, that?s what I meant. Thanks!!

WyoJedi?Thank you for the kind words. Consider it done!

TigerofRobare?Thank you. It is just fiction, but these are real cities I?m using. If you think Lake Sumner is bad, wait until they get to Fort Sumner, or Lord forbid, what Nihl does to Roswell itself. I won?t even mention the conclusion of Part 1 in Santa Fe. In fact, I actually studied a little to try and be as accurate in my descriptions of places and locations as possible. And you?re on the list!

Diamond_Revelation?Thank you, I?m glad you like it. You?re on the list!

Excellion_razor?You know, it?s funny that I?ve never been able to sneak anything past you. Yes indeedy, the creature Nihl kills is a good old fashioned X-Files hybrid supersoldier, such as the one Mul

8. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Wow, that's all I can say. This is just getting better and better, I love how you're entertwining all these different universes. I'm very much looking forward to your next update and the (hopeful) eventual meeting of Jack O'Neill and Kyle Katarn... their personalities should clash perfectly :).

-dajohu

9. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Woohoo! Wow, this is an amazing fic. I love all the different groups coming together... and I especially liked the addition of Janeway's ancestor. :) This is going to get very interesting, the multiple interests and plans of these separate groups... very exciting possibilities ahead. BTW, thanks for the PM!

Cheers,
    Wyo

10. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    To be honest, the only parts I truly comprehended were the Sam and Daniel bit, and the Kyle and Heimdall section. Namely because I know those characters. Everything else I glossed over. I saw the intro with the FBI and X-files, and had a little chuckle. I'm sure I would appreciate it more if I knew the other characters, so I'm mainly looking forward to the sections with characters I know. But I like what I see. Should be fun. Keep up the good work.

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ah, the troops are being gathered!

I?m already at a 140,000+ words and I?m only a 3rd of the way into part 3 (hopefully my Beta won't faint if she reads that).

Beta pretends she didn't see this part. [face_hypnotized]

Oh, and have I mentioned lately what a great Beta I have?

Yes, and if you keep mentioning it, I may get a complex! LOL!

]-} [face_alien_1] ]-}

12. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Got to love the Asgard. Keep'em coming!!!!

13. JediKage

JediKage Jedi Knight

Jun 14, 2006
    excellent update! :) yay SG-1 is coming now, and the Asgard :)

Darth_Marrs im hurt you didnt include me in your alert list :_| :_|

please add me on your list for this fic :)

14. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    All you need is for the Doctor and Duncan Idaho (or an ancestor) to show up and you've got a crossover between almost all the science fiction shows, books, and movies from about 1960-2000.

Great update. Can't wait for more. Thanks for the PM.

15. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    Wow that was simply superb!

And SG-1 has finally appeared as well!:D
    One question though in regards to the crossover with Star Trek characters and such.

How do you mix Star Trek which uses a relatively slow form of FTL such as warp drive compared to the insanely fast FTLs used in Stargate and even Roswell? They just do not seem to fit unless they just happen to be their alternate selves in this universe as opposed to the actual ST universe which would mean that if anything Jsneway in the 24th century would be commanding something like a city ship instead of the puny ship she had in the ST verse (relatively speaking)

16. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow all the characters are starting to be brought together! I am intrigued to see what they will all make of the Jedi and the Sith when they meet them!

Great chapter!

17. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    Hi there Darth I got another question regarding the Sith in the story if as you say he hitched a ride in the Jedi's ship that crashlanded on Earth then how is he going from one place of the globe to another? I mean you even had him kill some guy in England and then he is back in the continental U.S's Colorado desert!:eek:

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great cross-over, great update! =D=

19. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    great post! it'll be interesting to see the groups getting together and how they work out

20. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    and a lot of players are introduced, and no half introductions either. If they are all going to get the same 'screentime' its going to be one heck of a story. Your certainly handling a huge cast here.
    Looking forward to the next chapter

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice update! I loved the way you let us into Jesus adn Guadalupe's family so quickly that I really felt sorry for them when they were killed.

Great scene with Kyle.

I don't know the Roswell characters, but you give me enough here that I can figure it out.

22. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006

Dramatis Personae through Part II (so far)

From Star Wars:

Siana Delun?Jedi padawan (OC)?descendent of Nani Delun
    Shado Vao?Jedi padawan (edited 2/3)
    Cade Skywalker?Jedi padawan
    Kol Skywalker?Jedi master
    Wolf Sazen?Jedi master
    Darth Nihl?Dark Lord of the Sith, Hand of Darth Krayt
    Kyle Katarn?Jedi Master, prolong life through extended periods of sub-light travel. Biologically he is 56.
    Darth Krayt?Dark Lord of the Sith, absolute Ruler of the Sith and Emperor of the Galaxy following the fall of the GFFA and his overthrow of Emperor Roan Fel. Krayt is over a hundred years old despite behind human.
    Darth Wyrrlok?Chagrian male Sith Lord and second in command to Darth Krayt.
    Han Shintre?OC, Captain of the Pellaeon-class star destroyer Dragon?s Claw.
    Delvin Ostrael?OC, Executive officer for Han Shintre. Possible more as well.

Background: The Galactic Federation of Free Alliances just lost the war to the resurgent Empire. The Empire, allied to a new Sith Order numbering in the many many thousands, then turns to Ossus in an attempt to eradicate the Jedi. The attack on Ossus is the starting point of my story.

From Roswell:

Max Evans?Antaran/human hybrid. Max is the human/Antaran clone of the King Zan, former ruler of the planet Antar.
    Isabel Evans?Antaran/human hybrid. Isabel is the human/Antaran clone of Volandra, King Zan?s sister and wife of Michael?s previous life. She was lovers with Kivar, the rival who overthrew and killed the Royal four.
    Michael Guerin?Antaran/human hybrid. Michael is the human/Antaran clone of Volandra?s husband and Zan?s second in command.
    Liz Parker?Human psychic (altered by Max)?Max?s girlfriend
    Maria Delucca?Human?Michael?s girlfriend
    Kyle Valenti?human, son of Jim Valenti
    Jim Valenti?human, former sheriff
    Tess Harding?Antaran/human hybrid. Former queen of Antara, Zan?s wife. In the series she seduced Max, became pregnant with his child, and then fled the Earth.
    Kivar?Mentioned only. The leader of Antar through a military coup.

Background: In 1947, a UFO crashed bringing with it several pods. Many years later, three children emerged from those pods without any memories of their lives. These are the heroes of Roswell. In the opening of the series, Liz Parker was shot by accident in her parent?s restaurant, the Crashdown Café. Max Evans, who had secretly harbored feelings for her, rushes to her side and uses his power to heal her. This brings Liz into the world of Max, Michael and Isabel. She then brings Maria into the story, and they have many adventures trying to learn about themselves while chasing from the evil FBI Special Unit that wants them all dead, and the minions of Kivar, the Antara despot who killed their Antaran selves and wants to finish the job with their clones.

From Stargate: SG-1

Colonel Jack O?Neill
    Major Samantha Carter
    Teal?c
    Daniel Jackson
    Maj. General George Hammond
    Dr. Janet Frazier
    Thor?Asgard Supreme Commander
    Gen. (4-star) Francis Maynard, Chairman, Joint Chiefs, General of the Army
    Heimdall?Asgard researcher. (Trivia--In Norse mythology, he is a god of light and guardian of Bifrost Bridge, the bridge from the mortal world to the Asgard. Appropriate then that he was the main researcher studing the GFFA during the Sith/Imperial conquest of Ossus and is the means by which Kyle comes to our galaxy)
    Anubis?Partially ascended Goa?uld, formerly banned from the System Lords.
    Osiris?Goa?uld servant of Anubis. The host was a former love interest of Daniel Jackson named Sarah Gardner.
    Baal?Powerful System Lord and nominal leader of the Goa?uld following the death of Apophis, prior to Anubis?s return.
    Lord Yu?Ancient System Lord vehemently opposed to Anubis.

Background: This story take

23. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006

24. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    One wee bit of correction with the Dramatis Personae. Maynard is Army, not Air Force, as evidenced by his green uniform, instead of blue. Also, the unit patch he has on is of a known Army unit (the specifics escape me at the moment), not Air Force.

25. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    dajohu?were you first on both my last posts? That?s impressive. =D= I must admit Kyle and Jack won?t meet for a while. Kyle gets close and personal with a few Gao?uld before he gets to SG-1. You know, to get the feel of the neighborhood. But it WILL happen. And Teal?c WILL get his lightsaber. Eventually.

WyoJedi?thank you. I personally despised Captain Janeway. In those few episodes where Voyager was good, it was in spite of the captain and first officer, not because of them. I?m glad you?re enjoying.

Lord Inferno?it?s a compliment that you?re reading outside your normal envelope, and I appreciate that. I hope my little Dramatis Personae list and background stuff helped a bit. Any event, I promise it won?t be too dull.

Jedi-2B- :D

Excellion_razor?the Asgard have a big part to play in getting Kyle to Earth.

JediKage?You know, you?re on my users list I use to send out my PMs, but somehow you didn?t get on the list. I humbly beg your forgiveness for this wretched oversight, and promise to correct it presently. Thank you for reading!

TigerofRobare?I promise that neither Duncan Idaho nor any of his ancestors or descendents will show up in this story. Not even I could come up with any way to jive Dune into Gateverse, at least not without blowing any possible sense of credulity.

PunkMaister?I saw your response to my DP and background stuff. I?m glad it helped. I realized after I started posting that I was pulling in too many disparate characters not to have some type of background available.

Diamond_Revelation?Yeah, that?s going to be fun, isn?t it? Or, as Teal?c would say, ?Indeed.?

VaderLVR64?Thank you, thank you!

Kidan?thank you. Yeah, it?ll be a fun ride.

cibbler?I have to hit undo twice every time I type your name! [face_cow] Yeah, the richness of all the characters is what has fueled the 144,000++ words I?ve done so far. (I realize I said 115,000 in Legacy of the Red Sun, but I got my numbers mixed up. Sorry, Jedi-2B.) I will say that at one point the sheer number of characters becomes such an issue I actually have to kind of do a paragraph-style list, but I resolve that after a chapter or so and I don?t think it interrupts the flow of the story at all.

Divapilot?Thank you. It?s a useful dramatic tool to bring home just how horrific their murder was.

LordInferno?Indeed! Thanks for that catch. I knew he was army, but for the longest time I thought he was Air Force and just reverted back to form when I was typing this up. I did edit it as soon as I saw your note?thank you again.

This chapter is a little slower, but I use it as a means to give some more background into the Roswell characters. It?s amazing what you can fit into an artfully placed paragraph. We also get to see the other players on the board assembling for the first time. There is also a canon Star Trek character in this post. Guess who it is!

I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 5: Little Girl Blue

Roswell, New Mexico
    Friday, January 18, 2002
    7:10 a.m. MST

Isabel Evans Ramirez sat down to a bowl of cereal and watched as Jesse, her husband of just a few months (forty-eight days, to be exact), sipped his coffee and read the paper.

Jesse was ten years older than Isabel, who had just turned 18 not long ago and graduated early from high school. The age difference caused a riff with her parents, who threatened not to attend the wedding. Complicating things even more was the fact that Jesse, an attorney, worked for her father. And that was just the mundane stuff.

?So what?s going on in your life?? Jesse asked absently, half listening while he continued to read and sip his coffee.

In her mind, this is what Isabel Evans Ramirez said to her husband of forty-eight days: ?Well, let?s see, Jesse. I?m really an alien princess named Volondra from a planet called Antar somewhere on the other side of the galaxy. My brother Max is also an

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.