Beyond Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked how you interspersed the real-life happening of Phil Evans' funeral with the dynamic of the Daniel/Adria meeting. Reminds us that even tho other-worldly things are going on across the galaxy, everyday events continue back on Earth.

Guess I'd better get going on betaing that last section of yours. :D
  2. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This was a very intense update, well done.

BTW, have you been sending update PM? I haven't seen any, but I use active topic notification anyway.

Chapter Seventy-One: The Will of God
    That's a pretty strong title for a chapter.

I wonder...[face_thinking]

nah, couldn't be...[face_talk_hand]

This is probably completely wrong, but maybe, just maybe, a certain ascended Jedi - who just happens to be the chosen one of the Force and a god of light himself, has been keeping tabs on things here in the good ol' Milky Way and might just have something to say about about these pesky Ori and might even make an appearance before all is said and done? [face_shhh]
    Or not. [face_blush]

Sheriff Jim Valenti stepped out of the department with his wife a step behind. The two stood on the curb and waited as the car doors opened. Max and Isabel Evans climbed out of the front seats, while Michael and Maria Guerin climbed out from the back.

Max and Isabel stepped to the Sheriff and took his hand. ?My condolences, Max, Isabel,? Valenti said. He wrapped his arms around each, while Maria stepped to his wife and gave her a hug.

?Mom,? Maria said.

OK, so now Michael & Maria are married, Phil Evans has died, and the Sheriff married Amy Deluca???

Alrighty then, moving on...

The halls emptied. The Romulans did not just scurry out of the way, they fled in fear.

The Orici strode angrily through the halls. Her feral yellow eyes flashed dangerously to every corner, as if seeing the ghosts of those who stood there just moments before.

The two Remans remained at their posts as she approached, as always seemingly unconcerned that here walked Death incarnate. However, Death saw the Remans as kindred spirits and rarely bothered them.

Great descriptive writing.

They opened the door, and she walked into the prison ward.

The man in the first cell cried out in fear before gasping and falling over dead. The second screamed as his body burst into flame so intense in seconds it left only ashes. So it went as she walked down the hall, killing every one of the fifty prisoners on the block, until she came to the last cell.

Yikes! So that's what PMS does to the Orici. That's just mean.

Daniel Jackson sat as calmly as before, though his lips curved down in a slight frown. ?Dr. Jackson,? Adria purred. Rage and anger boiled just under the surface of the sound. ?You disapprove.?

?It saddens me,? he said. ?They are not the ones responsible for your defeats.?

There's that old fashioned Jedi calm for ya'. I bet it annoys her to no end.

Adria stood glaring a moment until a chair came soaring down the hall to the space behind her. She sat down. ?How did you know about Denobula??

?I didn?t, until now,? Daniel said. ?However, when you lose, your prisoners suffer.?

LOL - pwnt. Elementary, my dear Adria.

?And you?re my last prisoner.?

?Yes.?

She flicked a finger. Daniel flew back against the wall, his skin rolling as if exposed to massive wind or g-force. ?I?ve been much too kind with you, Daniel Jackson. It was a foolish oversight my Priors have been kind enough to show me.?

?You will do as you must,? Daniel managed to force out. ?I will love you regardless.?

He sounds just like Qui-Gon.:cool:

Suddenly he dropped. He did not bother to use the Force to stop his fall, and hit the bench hard. He sat up slowly to find Adria standing again, glaring.

?How dare you presume to use that filthy word on me!?

Daniel did not smile, nor frown. He looked directly into those frightening yellow eyes set in a face of such classical beauty, it made the fire beneath even more deadly. ?Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes,? Daniel said, quoting from the Book of Origin. ?It took two years of captivity for me to see why I am here, and why you have not killed me. It is the will of the Ori. I am here for you. I love you.?

Danie/>
  3. TigerofRobare Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow. Reminds me of Dune, kind of. Is Daniel a kwisatch-haderach?
  4. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nope just a Jedi and he is just being Daniel...:D

Anyway once again superb update Marrs=D=

I'm saddened to hear that no SG aliens other than the Asgard will be making an apperance (The Ashen are just another human group and thus not aliens) but do as you must, Star Trek races do not have much to offer in the upcoming battle so it is a loss none the less. In regards to SGverse hyperdrive I think you have forgotten it comes in 2 kinds the Intragalactic kind the Goauld and many others use and the Extragalactic one that the Asgard use. I was suggesting the Intragalactic type not the extragalactic one precisely because of the reasons you mentioned. Still SGverse hyperdrive even the intragalactic ones have enormous advantages over Star Warsverse ones especially in getting out of a pickle inside a planetary system or in orbit around some planet etc. Now when it comes to Rodney and his quest I have to ask the following:

1. Will they use the Stargate to go on this quest? I have to ask because so far most battles have concentrated solely on StarTrek verse planets and territories which surprises me considering how considerably faster the Ori ships FTL is in comparison to ST Warp drive.

2. And what off the Stargates have they been abandoned in the favor of ships? Plz tell me this isn't so! Stargates still offer a way faster than any ship to reach from point A to point B. If anything they should be moving Stargates from uninhabited worlds to worlds that are now our allies.

5. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    It does sort of have a Dune flavor to it, which is a great compliment by the way! =D=
  6. dajohu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Wow, loved everything in the last few chapters. I sure didn't see the whole Daniel/Adria thing coming but it should be interesting. Anyway, eagerly awaiting the next chapter. :)

-dajohu
  7. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very Nice Darth, the descriptions were very imaginative...=D=
    Though I'm not to sure about this Daniel/Adria thing...But I trust you'll bring a great plot twist and ending out of it...[face_hypnotized]
  8. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi-2B?Thank you, I?m glad that chapter worked for you. It took several re-writes to get it down. And just FYI?I?ll probably be tweaking that very end section, but I want to wait to see what you think before I do anything.

Lobo?Thanks for reading again. I did send a PM to you last time, I?m not sure why it isn?t going through. I?ll be sending another shortly. As for speculation, I?ll state for the record that Anakin Skywalker does not appear in this. I?ve established in the story that each galaxy has its own realm of ascended beings and those beings rarely interact. And you hit the nail on the head with Adria. She has the power of the gods, but the body of a young woman and the experience of a child. I honestly thought the writers would explore that more in SG-1, but I guess they didn?t have time.

TigerofRobare?Hmm, hadn?t considered that, but that is a great compliment. Thanks. I don?t believe Daniel is a kwisatch-haderach. Rather, he senses that the human in Adria is attracted to him regardless of the goddess within, and that this may allow him some sway over her.

PunkMaister?Understand about the hyperdrives. The SW hyperdrives are serviceable enough, and the cost would be significant to the UEC, so they aren?t pursuing that. As for questions, yes the stargate will be used. There was no stargate on Denobula when Part V started, so ships were their only options. The Ori are not aggressively attacking by space and by gate. But yeah, the stargate remains a valuable strategic resource.

VaderLVR64?Exactly what I thought. Dune was the first epic piece of science fiction I ever read. (My first was the novelized Return of the Jedi.) But then I started reading rather late.

Dajohu?I?m glad I was able to pull out a twist for you. His hole fling with Isabel was literally a red herring. His relationship with Adria is why he is important, and Q and Oma both knew it!

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter?Thank you. Trust me, it?s essential to the end of the story. I?m try not to pull shocks like this just for the heck of it. Er, okay, I do on occasion, but not this time!

9. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4

Chapter Seventy-Two: The Adventures of Rodney McKay. And Tess.

Camelot
    Thursday, August 21, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    11:23 a.m MT

?This is Camelot?? Tess asked.

?According to Merlin?s notes, yes,? Rodney said. He wrinkled his nose. ?It certainly smells like a medieval village. Oh, great.? He made a great show of trying to wipe horse dung off his boots into the mud. Tess could see no difference.

The two stood just on the threshold of the city gates of what could have been a Hollywood backlot for a Robin Hood movie. The people dressed in stereotypical medieval outfits, right down to silly hats, and the homes all had a strange mix of period architecture, as if a Terran Renaissance Faire had gotten out of hand.

Everyone who walked by stopped and stared at the strange man in the baby blue UEC uniform, and the young woman in the black slacks, half-skirt and grey kimono-style shirt. ?Well, I think it?s neat!? Tess announced brightly. ?Let?s go check it out.?

They started into the village when Tess saw a large stone in the middle of the street. She squealed with excitement and ran to stand before it. ?Rodney, look! It?s the Sword in the Stone! Can you believe it? This really is Camelot!?

?We are glad to hear of your joy in finding our home,? a stranger in period clothing said, approaching them. ?I am Meurik, governor of this village.?

?Hi!? Tess said, beaming. ?I?m Tess Harding, and this is my friend Rodney. We?re looking for Merlin the Magician. Seen him lately??

Meurik stepped back, blinking. ?Merlin is a terrible name to speak. He was a wizard of darkness and evil magics. His library has been sealed since he left, shortly after great King Arthur left in his quest for the Sangraal.?

?That?s the Holy Grail,? Rodney said when he saw Tess?s lost look.

?So his library is over there?? she asked, following Meurik?s anxiety in the Force until her gaze rested on an unremarkable building that spiked his fear.

?Please, strangers, do not stir the dark magics. They will place us all at risk. We cannot permit you to harm us in that way.? With that Meurik turned and walked away.

?That wasn?t very helpful,? Rodney noted.

Tess merely shrugged. ?We?ll find another way. Come on.? The two wandered through the village toward the library. As they did so, they came across a young woman and a boy of twelve or so practicing sword fighting techniques with wooden swords.

As Rodney approached the library and started looking for a way in, Tess paused and watched the two children. Both had strong Force signatures, but the girl?s was especially strong. Not only did she have the Ancient gene, but it ran pure in her.

The girl paused in their fighting and looked back at Rodney. ?You can?t get in, it?s sealed with Dark Magic,? she said.

?But you know a way to get in,? Tess said.

The girl shrugged.

Tess smiled. ?I?ll make you a bet. I bet that I can use that stick of your brother?s and disarm you in under one minute. If I win, you tell us how to get in. If I lose, I show you how to disarm your brother in a minute.?

?I can do that already,? the girl said.

?Then if I lose I?ll show him how to challenge you better,? Tess said. ?What?s your name??

?Valencia.?

?My name is Tess. Do you want to try??

Valencia shrugged. ?All right. Ramus, give her your trainer.?

The boy handed over the wooden training sword without complaint. Valencia took a fighter?s stance, and with skill and grace struck first. Tess let the blade slide along hers until their hilts met, then grabbed the sword, spun around quickly, and stood a second later with both trainers in her hand.

?You cheated!? Valencia said.

?If an enemy is trying to kill you, do you think he would care if you cheat or not??

Valencia thought about it for a moment, and then smiled. ?That was a pretty neat trick. I?ll show you. The key to the library is in the Archive. Antonius the historian can help us find it.?

Naturally, Antonius was not amenable to the idea. As Rodney took a
  10. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good to know that Daniel hasn't turned. Nice trick with the lightsaber, but wouldn't it potentially stick out the other end of her body?
  11. TigerofRobare Jedi Knight

star 3
    You great deciever!

You had me believing Tess was dead. I would have cried if she hadn't started talking.
  12. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    First off, regarding the previous update, I was just wildly speculating about Anakin for the heck of it. Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing somewhere that ascended beings in one galaxy tend to keep to their home territory.
    No matter, since Oma is still around and even Q may be helpful in some way. At least the good guys have some higher beings on their side - or at least not working against them - so that's something.

Meanwhile, in this update, it turns out that Camelot wasn't quite as hard to find as I would have thought, but then again this was only the beginning of the search for the weapon. The fact that the Ori showed up in Camelot and Daniel has been revealed to be a double agent only adds to the excitement of this already wild ride.

I find it curious that Adria cannot see through the ruse. It could be that she knows whats is going on and is just be using Daniel to get to the weapon, or maybe she is simply seeing what she wants to see and actually believed the theatrics of the fight. The Force works in mysterious ways, indeed.

I was not expecting Rodney to be so distraught about Tess, nor would I have guessed that they would have developed any real feelings for each other in such a short time. Of course, war has strange effects on people, even hybrid uber-Jedi. I don't have much to say about Tess & Rodney, because...well, I just don't like either of them that much. Still, if they can be happy together, then more power to 'em.

So, the race for the weapon is on and the Jedi will soon know that Daniel is still on the job. I can hardly wait to read what happens next.:cool: />
  13. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    So the UEC is handling all the cost of the war? What about it's allies?

Problem with SW hyperdrive is that is incredibly twitchy so much so that even the gravitational shadow of an asteroid could force a ship out of it. That makes the ISDs incredidly and horribly vulnerable to ambush by the Ori who could just plant asteroids among the routes they know the imps given their FTL limitations would have no choice but to use. SW hyperdrive is more of a liability than an asset in this war in my opinion. But again do as you must the story is still absolutely awesome...

That update by the way was absolutely sensational!=D= One thing though Wasn't Camelot in the original timeline taken out of normal space by Merlin so it could not be reached by any other means than by the Stargate? I Recall Baal comenting on how he tried to find the planet by ship and couldn't even though he had the exact coordinates...

Nice touch on Daniel's apparent fall to the dark side and it does follow closely to the original timeline in which he is turned into a Prior thus embracing the dark side after all to try to defeat the Ori with Merden's (Merlin) help. Will Adria turn him into a Prior in this story as well?

14. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Whew! So glad that Tess isn't dead. You had me going there. :p

Great update. =D=
  15. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I like this Rodney/Tess version of finding Camelot as well as the original on tv. They're growing on me. And you know, you could've ended the chapter right before the last scene, and let everyone think Tess was dead. [face_devil]

And just FYI?I?ll probably be tweaking that very end section, but I want to wait to see what you think before I do anything.

Yes, I know. Over the next week, I've got a graduation and a funeral to get ready for, but after that, I'll definitely get to it.
  16. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Ultima_1?Yeah, it was all part of the plan. As for the trick?Tess was laying on her back in the mud. Any protruding lightsaber blade would have been hidden.

TigerofRobare?I suck, I know. Not even I would have been willing to set her up with Rodney just to kill her. I think they?re way too cute as a couple.

Lobo?Not bad thinking. Q will show his face again. I purposely made the quest a little easier for a couple of reasons?1) Atlantis hasn?t been discovered yet; and 2) I really didn?t want to rehash the whole quest. So I basically cheated by having the knowledge of the Sangraal part of Kyle Katarn?s give to Daniel, who in turn passes it to Tess. As for Adria?here?s the rub. Daniel really does love her. She?s a stunningly beautiful woman steeped in power and an absolute faith. Over the two years of his imprisonment by her, he really has come to adore her. That real love has been able to shield his ulterior motives. Like others said, he?s playing with fire.

Tess and Rodney?I think I said before that they knew each other before this. His team was cracking jokes about it, so off stage there have been a few whispers already. And I completely understand not liking them. Tess was absolutely despised by all Roswell fans (except for me?I thought she added a necessary dimension to the story) and Rodney irritated all true blue Sam Carter fans on SG-1 when first introduced. It?s definitely going to get interesting.

PunkMaister?The UEC is handling the majority of the actual expenses, yes. The Vulcans and Jaffa are contributing materiel and expertise in certain areas, but they don?t have a common currency yet so that?s pretty much the limit at the moment. Understand about the hyperdrives?it?ll happen some day, but not just yet. As for the quest?I will admit here and now that I make it much easier in this story than in the series. The quest isn?t the story I wanted to tell. The war is. And Adria will not be turning Daniel into a Prior. She likes him worshipping her just the way he is.

VaderLvr64?Aren?t I a stinker? [face_beatup]

Jedi-2B?I guess I could have. I must be getting soft in my dotage. No worries about the chapter?I have all of the next section to post. Thank you!!!!
  17. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4

Chapter Seventy-Three: The Terran Jedi Order

United Earth Commonwealth Fleet Command Headquarters
    Thies, West African Union (formerly Senegal)
    Friday, August 22, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    10:23 a.m GMT

Prime Minister Charleston?s decision to build the central UEC Fleet headquarters in a dusty African town proved highly controversial at the time, not least among the predominately American and North European officers that ran the fleet.

Jack O?Neill, though, realized that it was not a military decision, or even a practical one. It was a political one, much like the decision to locate the world government in France rather than the United States.

Funds to rebuild the lingering damage of Doomsday were slow to come, local wars still burned and individual nation states continued to fail to provide even the most basic services to their people. While America and European elite purchased sky cars and built warships that could zip across the cosmos to fight an unseen and unheard of enemy, the people of Africa, Southeast Asia and South America continued to starve and suffer the atrocious affects of poverty, war, and the devastation of Doomsday.

The decision to build fleet headquarters in Senagal in 2006 (4 CE, Jack forced himself to remember) provided a much-needed boost to the economy of West Africa. The influx of several hundred thousand highly trained military personnel from all over the world, not to mention the sheer amount of materiel, forced an immediate cessation in the bush wars that still burned through the area.

In six months, almost all the nations of West Africa, from Mauritania to Niger and Nigeria met together, agreed to form a single administrative and economic body similar to the European Union that predated the Commonwealth.

The negotiations were hosted by Minister Charleston himself, who applauded the decision and promised extensive Federal aid. In the first months of 5 CE, when the other African nations saw the overwhelming influx of aid, and the newly galvanized economic power of a new governing block, the rest of the continent followed, forming four distinct ?unions.?

Like everything else the Prime Minister was involved in, his one decision led to a cascade of successes that, just one year later, had the continent of Africa looking at its longest period of peace in history.

All because of a military base.

Jack beamed in from Nevada along with the other officers who retained residences in America, and was immediately met by his private hovercar. Senior Warrant Officer Walter Harriman, stood waiting attentively. ?Walter,? Jack said.

Harriman saluted sharply. ?Sir. Jedi Master Delun has requested a meeting with you and the Defense Minister. She indicated it was an urgent matter.?

Jack paused and raised a brow. ?That sounds interesting.?

?Yes, sir.?

?What?s my schedule look like??

?Requisition meetings and a debrief on the Denobulan campaign.?

?We won. Debrief done. Ask Admiral Henson to handle the requisition meetings and contact the Secretary?s office to see if we can sneak a meeting in.?

?Yes, sir.?

Fortunately, Defense Minister Francis Maynard knew that when Jack O?Neill called, it was for a good question. Within twenty minutes of Harriman?s call, the Defense Minister beamed in from Commonwealth directly to O?Neill?s office, while Siana Delun beamed in with a retinue of her fellow Jedi a minute later.

?Francis,? Jack called, taking his boss?s hand in a firm shake. ?Thanks for coming. I see that French food is agreeing with you.?

Maynard grinned. ?I?ve put on ten pounds, and I don?t regret a bite,? the former general confirmed. ?Ordinarily I would have had you come to me, but I needed to get out of there. There was another Parliamentary Oversight meeting in progress.?

Jack laughed as Siana and a pair of other Jedi materialized with a flash of white light. The old Central Earth Clearinghouse provided by Roberta Lincoln?s Asgard contacts had been upgraded to a full Asgard beaming network.

?Siana!? Jack said. ?You?r
  18. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    You have Sydney, so I have to ask, where Jack Bauer? Man he would be the perfect replacement for Kyle Katarn
  19. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    As for Daniel, I never doubted that he truly loves Adria. He would have to, as you say, or he would never have gained her confidence. So, I think it is clearly case of her believing what she wants to hear, because if she didn't, Danny-boy would be dead.

Regardless of his true loyalties or intentions, Daniel is the key (sort of like the chosen one who brought balance to the Force?)

In this update, I get the distinct feeling that these last few posts were basically like the calm before the storm, and the endgame has been set in motion.

The Terran Jedi are the real deal.

The people of Earth itself are becoming a truly unified civilization.

The UEC fleet is just about as well equipped as it can hope to get (without Atlantis, anyway).

Daniel is in a position to change the course of the very fate of the entire galaxy.

Nothing to do now but sit back and enjoy the show./>
  20. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was indeed another superb update!=D=

But again I do have questions:

1. How did Romulan ships got to Dakara which is on the other side of the galaxy far away from the ST's alpha quadrant with slow poke warp? Or have the Ori equipped Romulan ships with SGverse hyperdrives? If so they have a huge tactical advantage now even over ISDs who still rely on SW hyperdrive to go around!:eek:

2. Is this misterous third race from ST as well?

3. Will we get to see the Ori fighters in action: [image=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/xjamesxx/fightertop.jpg] or do they not exist in this AU?

21. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome updates Darth...

Yet another battle looming on the horizon...[face_hypnotized]

(I know it was last chapter but)
    (I really like the way you turned that situation with Daniel and Tess around =D= )
  22. TigerofRobare Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    Have I already said how much I like how you write Jack O'Neill? I feel like I'm watching a Stargate episode. =D=
  24. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Talon_Kenobi?You know, that?s a good question. Somehow I never got hooked on 24. So we?ll just have to say that as skilled as he is, he?s not Force sensitive. Sydney, on the other hand?. But you?re right, he would have been fun if I?d thought about it.

Lobo?You?re absolutely right. Daniel is the key. And we are indeed leading up to the final, climactic battle.

PunkMaister?Do you want the in-universe or out-of-universe answer? The in-universe answer is that the Asgard are not the only groups capable of towing other ships. The out of universe answer is because I didn?t consult any star charts on Dakara?s relative position vs. Romulus. I don?t know how far apart they are. But if indeed they are too far, then we?ll go with the towing answer. ;) As for the Husnock?They were mentioned by name only in a ST:TNG episode with the Dowd who wiped out their whole species for killing his human wife. And we will see several fighters. Can?t remember for sure if they are Ori or Romulan, but there will be fighters.

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter?Thank you. And yeah, I just couldn?t see Daniel turning completely dark. Misguided, maybe, but not dark. I made a crack about not killing off a character just after establishing their romance, but then I remembered that I did that in Gods of Dark and Light with two of my Jedi, so I guess I could. But I didn?t. :p

TigerofRobare?Thank you.

Jedi-2B?Jack is one of my all-time favorite TV characters. Also, have I mentioned what a great Beta reader I had on this story? I miss you already.
  25. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4

Chapter Seventy-Four: War

Dakara High Orbit
    Monday, August 25, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    3:45 p.m. GMT.

The Pellaeon-class star destroyer HMS Jaina bled.

As the heavy command cruiser and fleet flagship UECS Commonwealth jumped in with its destroyer escort, the Dauntless, Admiral Han Shintre hissed between his teeth.

At eight kilometers in length, the Jaina still dwarfed the two kilometer-long Commonwealth. To see such a massive, powerful ship limping made even Shintre wince.

The orbit of Dakara glittered with debris. ?We?re getting confirming signals from the Beijing,? communications called. ?Full report coming in. They warded off the last attack but shields are below twenty percent and they are suffering power losses across the ship. They lost the Intrepid and one of the Antaran motherships. The Jaina reports heavy systems damage and causalities, but they still have their main guns. Shields are also less than twenty percent.?

Moments behind the Commonwealth, the Nestor and Ajax emerged from hyperspace. The command carriers were of the first generation of Commonwealth ships, smaller and less powerful than the Commonwealth and Beijing, but still potent in their own right.

?Mixed enemy troops have landed in force on the ground and Jaffa soldiers are facing heavy resistance,? the communications officer added.

The ship?s intelligence officer looked up from his scanners. ?I?m reading at least a hundred thousand enemy soldiers of mixed species. Romulan, human and a third species we haven?t encountered yet. Possibly reptilian. Looks like heavy infantry and armor and minimal air support.?

?Which is sufficient, given Jaffa fighting tendencies,? Shintre noted. ?Do we have contact with Minister Bre?tac??

?Audio only, sir.?

?On speaker, please.?

The ship?s speakers crackled with static. ?Minister Bre?tac, this is Admiral Han Shintre of the UECS Commonwealth. Can you hear me??

?Yes, my old friend,? Bre?tac said. ?It is good to hear your voice. We have lost twelve ships. Our warriors are fighting well, but the enemy numbers are pushing us back. We've lost the gate.?

?As required by treaty, I formally ask if you wish us to land forces on Dakara in support of its defense??

?In accordance with treaty, I hereby request Commonwealth forces land on Dakara to aid in its defense,? Bre?tac said without hesitation.

?Thank you, Minister. We?ll start beaming men and supplies down immediately. We also have two Jedi aboard who will join the ground forces.?

?Your assistance is welcome. Thank you.?

At the Admiral?s note, Captain Xing Xan confirmed the order, and the Terran ships began beaming men and materiel to the surface in support of the Jaffa soldiers.

?Keep all fighters on standby, but do not launch yet,? Shintre said. ?If the Ori have men on the ground, they will undoubtedly be back.?

Captain Xan nodded. ?Yes, Admiral.?

Merlin?s Planet
    Monday, August 25, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    4:22 p.m. GMT.

The skies above the planet glowed with blue radiation as four Commonwealth ships, three Antaran mother ships and two Imperial Star Destroyers burst back into normal space in high orbit of the planet.

Commodore Adele Kamanin sat on the edge of her seat. ?Anything??

?Scans show no other ships in orbit of the planet,? the intelligence officer said. ?Nor are we detecting any scans or signs of an Ori presence on the planet.?

?We are picking up a massive power source,? Sciences said. ?It has an Ancient signature to it. I think we?re in the right place.?

Kamanin turned as Siana and the other Jedi stepped onto the bridge. ?Master Delun,? Kamanin said. ?What do you think??

Siana reached out and felt the waves of Force energy that enveloped the planet. There was power down there. ?There is a village on the northwest corner of the super-continent near the site where our gated scout team is waiting. We need to be transported to that village.?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.