main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkeus

Arkeus Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2006
    Wow, great work!
    i have hada few chapters to read, as i had trouble to swallow the roswell and x files bit (i don't know either show), but i really loved the kyle katarn/ Thor interaction.

Too bad luke isn't there anymore to kick ass, that would have been great :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Kyle! But I'm loving this story. Sorry it takes me a few days to make my way over here, though. [face_blush]

Love it! =D=

3. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow, another great update. I loved that kyle totally owned the Jaffa and Osiris. One small complaint though. The home world of the Asgard is located in the Ida Galaxy in the Stargate Universe. The Ancients or Lantians as they are referred to in Stargate Atlantis colonized the Pegasus Galaxy. They traveled there using the Atlantis city ship from the MW. I am sure that it was just a typo, but you never know. That aside I love the direction this story is taking. Keep the updates coming. Can't wait to see Kyle encounter Darth whats his name. Well that is not important b/c in the end he will be another dead sith.

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006

:oops: [face_monkey] And the sad thing is, I knew that and didn't catch it. Thanks for the catch, I've edited it.

5. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    That's ok dude we are all human and as such we make mistakes it happens!;)

6. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    You're totally right about the language thing, most stories you read don't even consider it. I love the way that you have found a way for each character to deal with the language barrier!

I loved the way Kyle dealt so quickly with the Goa?uld though I can see that being a problem for him eventually!

I can't help but think that these Jedi are about to expose aliens to the earth and earth to aliens with a bit of a jolt. I can't see the government agencies being able to hush up what is coming.

Great chapter, looking forward to the next one!

7. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Darth Nihl is in town.

The two Asgard exchanged looks again. ?It is remarkable what varied means of destruction younger species can think up to destroy things.?

Kyle shrugged, knowing better than to be offended. ?Primitive breakers of things, that?s us.

indeed, but Darths are better at it.

looking forward to the next bit.

8. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Dajohu?I enjoy the Kyle scenes myself. I know it?d be nice if there were more, but he?s just not the central character. He?s important, but he?s not the central one. And he may not have the techie smarts like Sam, but as the Asgard point out, he?s very good and killing the enemy.

JediKage?It?s hard to shock SG-1, but EVERYONE will be shocked at what that particular Jedi master can do.

Jedi-2B?Nothing comes easy for Kyle. And have I told my wonderful Beta reader Happy Valentine?s day yet?

WyoJedi?Kyle and the Goa?uld will have more conversations in Part II. And Nihl?he is a piece of work, no doubt. Glad you?re enjoying it!

LordInferno?Yep, Kyle and Teal?c will get along famously. As for the translater?yep, and also the device they used on John Crichton in Farscape. As Alexander Pope once said, there is nothing new under the sun.

DMac-X?Kyle and O?Neill also get along famously. In fact, Kyle gets along real well with the SGC in general.

Kidan?With the Force, he could probably just squeeze it to death. Not sure, though.

TigerofRobare?I hadn?t even heard of the Gree Hypergates until you mentioned them. But after researching I think PunkMaister is right?they appear to operate on completely different scientific principals. Probably to keep Lucasfilm from infringing on MGM?s copyright (but that?s just between you and me [face_shhh]). As for the Federal agents?I guess the sympathy is dependent on what type of agents he tries to kill.

PunkMaister?I played around a bit with the amount of Ancient tech Anubis actually has. Although I don?t have the tech info myself, I believe it was actually a directed inter-dimensional energy wave rather than a gravitational well that pulled Thor?s ship out. But I?m just a lit person, so who knows for sure?[face_thinking]

Arkeus?I don?t mind at all if you want to lurk through the X-files and Roswell aspects. I know it?s not for everyone. But you might want to come back in Chapter 12 (or 13?for some reason I keep messing up my chapter numbering. Evidently counting is difficult for me. It must drive my Beta nuts.)

VaderLVR64?I?m glad you?re loving it, and no worries about the posting times. I?m easy!

Excellion_razor?Glad you liked it, and thanks again for the catch.

Diamond_Revelation?Well, as you can see by this chapter?s title, Siana demonstrates that Jedi are more than just fancy fighters with laser swords. As for exposing aliens and such?Part 1 the government tries, but by the end of Part 2, all bets are off.

cibbler?Indeed, the Darth?s are better at breaking things and people. Nihl does quite a bit more before this story is through.

Well, the story is shaping up well. I?ve started Chapter 50 in Part 3, so I should have plenty of stuff to post. For those lusting after Kyle?I promise he comes. But like Luke and Mara in GOD&L. I really wanted to draw it out and not introduce him to early. He is, in many ways, a deus ex machine plot twist I want reserved for when needed most!

And now, for your hopeful reading pleasure, I present Chapter 7. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 7: A Master of English

Roswell, New Mexico
    Friday, January 18, 2002
    9:45 a.m. MST

Special Agents Fox Mulder, Dana Scully and John Doggett sat in a booth at the Crashdown Café in Roswell, New Mexico, speaking over coffee and the remains of three plates of flying saucers, also known as pancakes.

?I can?t believe I never ate here before,? Mulder was saying as he once more perused the menu. ?I?ve been in New Mexico at least five times, and two of them were to right here in Roswell, but I?ve never been here. This place is tailor-made for me.?

?Yeah, it serves lots of fruits and nutcakes,? Doggett said. It was difficult even for Mulder to tell if Doggett was joking or not.

?We have the written witness statements from the first responders,? Mulder said. ?I?m pretty sure that we can assume John Love and Margarita Sal

9. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Great chapter. I am just loving the interaction of the characters in this. You have them down so well and they flow smoothly. Bravo!

So Siana is learning English... guess all that time at the Praxeum is paying off...

It will be interesting to see what Daniel can find out from Stargate Command. Very intriguing too that the language is descended from Ancient. I wonder what kind of implications that will have for the future?

Excellent update. I look forward to more...

Cheers,
    Wyo

10. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    And the even sadder thing is, I didn't know that at all. Told ya I wasn't a Stargate expert. ;) But I am watching reruns alot lately. If only they showed them in order! And I hope to start on that next section tomorrow, btw.

Happy Valentine's to you, too. :)

11. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I must say I am really enjoying the Stargate and X-Files info. Can't wait for all the players to start to meet

12. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    /clap :) Very interesting update. I really liked how Daniel is so underappreciated just like in SG-1 so many times. People don't seem to understand his ability to contribute and his unwillingness to follow the rules. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

-dajohu

13. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    30 languages. English in the space of a few days... nice learning method. Now why wasn't that available when I started school...

Nice chapter...now what is Daniel going to

14. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    Wow excellent and interesting update!
    The feds always seem one step behind Darth don't they?[face_whistling]
    Darth Mars in regards to copyright infringements it is my understanding that both MGM abd 20th (Last century) Fox are now owned by the same megacorporation so as far infringements go... ;)

15. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    ok im just confused now
    Marrs i think u workied in too many other shows to cross over
    i mean i like it with Stargate but Star trek, and X-Files, its too confusing

16. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Good update. Why does Swanson ring a bell? I sense a conspiracy somewhere. Happy Valentine's Day.

17. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Nice chapter. So... Aurebesh is a written descendant of Ancient... Interesting.

As a side note, and most people actually don't know this, so I thought I would put this out there for the benefit of all. Having studied linguistics myself (Old Danny Boy is a hero of mine) the field primarily focuses on the spoken language. Most linguists deal with how the language functions (syntax) and the sounds and their relation to each other (phonology) and through that, the relation to other languages. Most of them wouldn't care about the written system, because writing is simply symbols to which a certain concept is assigned. Linguists even have their own alphabet to describe sounds. However, there are linguists out there that focus on the written language. They are few and far between, but they exist. Others deal with the meanings of sentences, like what does the sentence "The ranger saw the moose with the binoculars" mean? If Danny Boy was a linguist, he wouldn't know that Aurebesh is related to Ancient because he hasn't heard it spoken. BUT Danny Boy isn't our regular run of the mill linguist, and since he's been ascended, he probably knows a few things about the Ancient writing system that no one else does.

This long winded educational paragraph has been brought to you by the letters "edh" and "esh".

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You write some of the best crossovers I've ever read. Hands down! =D=

19. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    interesting...

and Daniel's right...SG1 should be in charge...one has to wonder why they're not...

I guess this is me showing my lack of X-Files and Roswell knowledge....

great post, more soon?

20. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    So all our favourite characters are starting to notice that something isn't quite as it should be! I am sure they will start breaking rules soon though, none of them are the type to just sit and accept!

I love the way that Isabel's mum took Siana, and the way Siana is learning English. In no time at all she will be quite fluent I am sure.

Great chapter!!

21. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    WyoJedi?Thank you. The Aurebesh from Ancient is actually a nod back to Gods of Dark and Light, in which I played with the origin of human?s in the GFFA a little.

Jedi-2B?No problem, you?ve caught so many other things so much worse than this that I?d say overall I?m still better off WITH you than without.

Talon-Kenobi?Thank you. They all meet at a Pizza place. :D But not for a while yet.

Dajohu?Daniel?s great. He?s at once overwhelming compassionate while at the same time clinical and detached. He?s the perfect researcher.

Cibbler?you?re not kidding. I took 16 hours of French as an under grad and I still don?t know anything outside of parle vouz bad Anglais.

PunkMaister?are the feds behind Nihl, or leading him on? And regarding copyrights?the evil empire has ruled triumphant![face_worried]

Darth_dragon666?I respect your right to be confused and your willingness to confess it. This one isn?t for everyone?I think I?ve lost more than half my readers from GOD&L, and I expected as much. I've picked up new ones. This is a completely different animal, and I have lots of little plot threads I hope to weave together. Sorry it didn?t work for you.

TigerofRobare?See the Personae Dramatis. Swanson is her AKA.

LordInferno?Indeed. I based some of his conclusions on his history through the series of working with written languages. But yes, I stretched the field a bit for him.

I took a comparative linguistics class one summer while working full time. I lasted about two weeks. The subject is a lot more intensive than some might think. Kind of like that geology class on dinosaurs I signed up for as a sophomore that ended up being an intense camparatic evolutionary biology course. 620 signed up for it, only 120 of us actually finished it.

VaderLVR65?Having browsed the sheer number of your stories nominated for awards in the past (all of them deserving) that is very high praise. Thank you very much. Hugs [:D] and a plate of cybercookies for you.

Kidan?secrets within secrets. Eventually the truth will be revealed.

Diamond_Revelation?glad you?re enjoying it. I know those looking for big-bang action were bummed on this one, but I really love the character interaction with the Roswell kids. The show might not have been the best produced, but it sure did give us some enjoyable characters to play around with.

And Katherine Heigl.=P~

So, for your reading pleasure, I present Chapter 8. I hope you enjoy.

(Author?s note?since I am borrowing elements from the TV show Roswell, I have chosen to maintain some of the many, many factual errors made in the show itself that would result in continuity errors if corrected. One is having a Sheriff?s Department with jurisdiction in a city with a functioning police department. Roswell is the seat of Chaves County. There is no Roswell Sheriff?s Department. Granted, the Chaves County Sheriff?s Office is actually located in Roswell since, again, Roswell is the county seat, but its jurisdiction falls outside of the city limits. Roswell is under the jurisdiction of the Roswell Police Department. FYI)

Chapter 8: In Search Of?Little Green Men

Roswell, New Mexico
    Friday, January 18, 2002
    11:25 a.m. MST

?Yeah, I remember the guy,? Carlos Guevara told Special Agent Doggett. ?Cute little girlfriend, too. Man, do you guys even know what you?re doing? You?re like the third Fed to ask.?

Doggett perked up. ?Third??

?Yeah. Some pretty girl came by flashing a badge an hour ago, then these spooks in sun glasses came. At least they had the guy?s picture.?

?Can you describe him for me?? Guevara did just that, and after the interview Doggett stepped back to his rental car and called Scully.

?Dana,? he said, ?listen, I just spoke to Guevara. Evidently Tennenbaum has already been through here,

22. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Great update. Thanks for the PM. I guess now Jackson is going to meet Supervisor 194.

These career military types like Green are just . . . especially in fiction. I mean, look at the Alliance in the movies, at their generals and admirals: Akbar was a former slave who learned about tactics from being around Grand Moff Tarkin; Madine was an Imperial turncoat; Han was a smuggler; Lando a businessman; Dodonna probably got started in planetary defense during the Old Republic. They weren't really career military men.

23. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Great update Darth_Marrs, and thanks for the PM.

I love all the intrigue going on here. The sneaking behind each others backs, everyone with their own ideas of how to get the information they want... very spookish :D

The interaction you have going on with Scully and Muldar is spot on, and it is great seeing them with the Roswell folks. Should be interesting when they finally meet up with Michael and the gang.

And Daniel... his situation is certainly interesting. Can't wait to find out more about that. Great stuff. Keep it up!

Cheers,
    Wyo

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! :D

Especially loved this section:

In Roswell, Scully flipped her phone closed and turned to study her partner. She knew every inch of Mulder?s face: every expression, every line. She had seen in Mulder?s face the heights of joy and the depths of despair. She had even, despite her best intentions, managed to develop feelings for him. It was those feelings, if nothing else, that convinced her to leave her pathology classes at the FBI academy in Quantico to join Mulder in this case when he called her.

She was glad she did. Since coming to New Mexico, Mulder?s tired exterior seemed to suddenly come alive again. The light she saw in his eyes when she first met him seemed to burn again, after so many years of absence. He was happy, and that happiness made him beautiful to her. ?So what now?? she asked.

Bravo! =D=

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    He helped Scully back to her feet and grinned. ?If you don?t want me doing that, you could?ve just said no.?

LOL! I love all the humor you're working in, in between the nasty Sithiness. I can just picture the characters saying these lines. And now you've got me devouring all the SG and Roswell reruns on the Sci-Fi channel. My tivo may overload!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.