Beyond Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi-2B?In my mind, he had the window down with his left arm hanging out and the wind blowing in his hair. The illustration was a Rubio comic. It was pretty funny thinking about it. I told my wife and she laughed, but just between us I suspect she was laughing at me, not with me.:rolleyes:

Dajohu?Squeaky, homicidal wheel gets the grease. They don?t realize Siana is equally dangerous. They just want Nihl gone.

VaderLVR64?Thank you! I often crack myself up. Then I realize I?m sitting alone in my office laughing at myself, and I stop and make sure no one was looking. :oops:

WyoJedi?Siana and Isabel rock. I was envisioning Katherine Heigl and a blue-headed, more tanned Rosamund Pike going to town =P~. It was...I also had to make sure no one was looking. And Nihl does many bad things to Fort Sumner.

sdhfs?thank you!

PunkMaister?I playfully changed Star Wars to ?Cosmic Conflict? or something like that. But really, when Teal?c sees one for the first time, he wants one.

LordInferno?that was the most interesting analogy I have heard in a really long time. Danny Boy gets a lot of time in this chapter.

K3tig?Okay, so I?m really not that much older. I just happened to have noticed spots of gray hair at my temples the morning I responded and was feeling a bit older than my years. Such is life. And you?re absolutely right?Savage Curtain as an episode stank. It?s one of the few things I can make fun of my wife about liking. The time travel episodes were definitely the best.

So, ignore the age diatribe and pretend I?m not overly neurotic about my age and gray hair. Kyle will be coming very soon. I originally said it was Chapter 13, but having pointed out my number-challenged chapter numbering method, it is actually chapter 12. It is entitled ?A Jedi in Colorado.? Chapter 11 describes how a Dark Lord of the Sith stuck in New Mexico entertains himself. It won?t be pretty.

Cibbler?you wouldn?t expect the master of the galaxy to drive a Ford, would you? Even the truly, despicably evil have some limits.

Excellion_razor?they all get really good at killing those guys.

TigerofRobare?I don?t know?I envision Nihl as a rap guy myself. Or maybe a bit of both.

PunkMaister?Having been to Fort Sumner?it?s possible there may not be a Porsche in the town at all. But he will definitely find something faster when he decides its time to leave.

Diamond_Revelation?definitely a good thing. From their perspective, the pieces begin to fall into place.

FVZA-Colonel?Thank you. I admitted before that I really stretched his age a bit to make him fit, but it was worth it. Although he isn?t a huge part of the story in this or Part II, he is a big baddie in Part III when we get to see Green?s War in this AU I?m building.

As always, thanks to everyone for reading and for your kind comments. Chapter 10 gives us a bit more story with Roberta Lincoln and her new partner as the rest of the pieces begin to fall into place. Things will start happening very quickly now.

Hope you enjoy.

D_M

Chapter 10: Assignment Earth

Isle of Annan, Scotland
    Friday, January 18, 2002
    8:33 p.m. GMT (2:33 p.m. MST)

When the odd blue plasma faded, Daniel Jackson found himself in a large home with a wide window looking out onto a snow-laden island overlooking over a rough, gray sea. The first thing he noticed was the cold. The second was the heavy, salty air. The third was the massive computer bank staring back at him.

?That?s Asgard technology,? he said.

?Really?? Roberta said innocently. ?The Beta 6 is actually pretty old Asgard technology. From what I understand, they haven?t used plasma transmission in their transporters for centuries. But it was good enough for us.?

?Us??

?Okay, well, me particularly. Are you hungry?? She led Jackson out of the computer room and into a large, drafty dining hall. However, in a far corner of the
  2. FVZA-Colonel Jedi Knight

"he is a big baddie in Part III when we get to see Green?s War in this AU I?m building."

I have to say I can't wait for that, but I am a bit curious about it, as I always asumed that Green's War was connected to the Third World War fought around 2053 (if I remember First Contact correctly); I suppose in this timeline it simply ends up being fought earlier on. Great job, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

On Edit- I have to agree with Tiger, that was a pretty damn funny line.
  3. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    It seems the pieces are following together, and Kyle will be going through the Stargate soon
  4. WyoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wonderful! I love all the action and the interaction between the characters. Nice to see O'Neill coming into play as well. I also liked the slight reference to the Eugenics War by Roberta... nicely done.

So the gang is all getting together in Roswell, and I'm guessing Kyle Katarn will suddenly showing up at SGC to join Daniel and O'Neill... exciting stuff ahead I forsee!

Cheers,
    Wyo
  5. TigerofRobare Jedi Knight

star 3

[face_laugh]

A little post-modern humor? The future's not gonna end again, is it?
  6. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    Man I almost fell out of my chair when I read that![face_laugh]
    So Darth poking fun at your own story?:D

The story is awesome even for AU stories which I have to admit are not exactly favorites of mine as they ussually detract from cannon quite a bit. I hope to see when Kile finally reaches the SGC and meets SG-1. As for Mulder, Scully and the our beloved Aliens from Roswell I hope that all the groups finally meet at some point. Darth what if Maria was to have the ancients gene and be able to operate ancient tech? Oh the possibilities![face_thinking]
  7. k3tig Jedi Padawan

=D= Great chapter! Is Rain the partner Roberta mentioned?

So how does a star trek universe character that undertook the mission she does, as a result of meeting individuals from the future who were chasing her boss because they thought he was changing the past, still be involved if the future in question is different as a result of the existence of the stargate? Apologies for the long involved sentence.:D

Looking forward to chaper 12 then as I consider most Sith as the dregs of society, and the few that weren't became sith for the wrong reasons(ie. Revan, Anakin/Vader, and if the things i'm seeing in articles about the latest books are correct Jacen; I thought Anakin was supposed to bring the force into balance).

Ken
  8. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Wonderful two posts there!! I personally loved the line about being in a crossover...

9. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I admit it, I'm not usually a big fan of crossovers. :p It takes a lot to make it believable for me. But you always seem to manage! I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=
  10. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    It?s almost like a set of characters from a whole bunch of different books thrown into the same story. Frankly, I?m astounded any of you Stargate people were allowed in at all.?

I knew everyone would like these lines. And I'm happy that the Stargate people were allowed in!

(Busy week, so I'll start on part two of your other story next week. ;) )
  11. LordInferno Jedi Knight

star 1
    A bunch of different books... blah blah blah, everyone else has quoted it. Still is an awesome line though. Great work.

A nice line would have been:

"I've saved the world five times."

"I've saved the world twice. But who's counting?" Though it was originally O'Neill who said that line.

Kyle coming to Earth! Meeting Teal'c! I'm excited.
  12. cibbler Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was curious to see if you'd bring Maria back too. I enjoyed and can't wait to find out what happens next.
  13. dajohu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Great update! This line made me laugh :) "It?s almost like a set of characters from a whole bunch of different books thrown into the same story." Can't wait til the next postie.

-dajohu
  14. Darth_Marrs Force Ghost

star 4
    FVZA-Colonel?The ST timeline has been irreparably altered by the arrival of the Jedi on Earth. As for future ST characters appearing in the past?I rely on Quantum Theory and propose this just one of an infinite number of possible universes that jutted off from thee ST timeline. In Part 2 I illustrate this point with a cameo from one of the best ST characters.

Talon_Kenobi?Indeed. And Kyle will appear during the very next chapter.

WyoJedi?Thank you. O?Neill and Katarn will definitely team up to find out what?s going on in New Mexico.

TigerofRobare?I figured I?m entitled to make fun of myself a bit. It?s a case of if you can?t fight them laughing at you, join the laughter as well. That way it looks like I?m trying to be funny instead of just being silly.

Oops. [face_monkey] Shouldn?t have confessed that, huh?

PunkMaister?All the groups get together over Pizza at the end of Part 1. It?s a great time?until Nihl gets there, of course.

K3tig?Back to my answer for FVZA-Colonel. The moment the Jedi arrived, the entire future of the Earth shifted into a parallel path from the original ST timeline. In the first universe, the ST timeline continues to exist, so those characters from the future arrive before the divergence. I think. It actually makes my head hurt a little thinking about it.

Kidan?thank you!

VaderLVR64?Thank you too!

Jedi-2B?Thank you. It just wouldn?t have been the same with out Jack O?Neill (two Ls!)

LordInferno?That would have been a good line. Oh well, we do what we can. And Teal?c is the first person Kyle meets on Earth.

Cibbler?Maria is back. She isn?t going to play a huge role in the story, but she?s definitely in this one and Part II.

Dajohu?Thank you. I?m glad the line worked for everybody.

Well, here is Chapter 11 for your reading pleasure. The next chapter will feature the arrival of Kyle Katarn on Earth!

Chapter 11: The Healing Touch

Roswell, New Mexico
    Friday, January 18, 2002
    2:50 p.m. MST

The car pulled up with squealing tires to the curb in front of the Evans house. A sheriff?s Bronco was already there, and a small crowd had gathered across the street. Mulder and Scully led Max and Liz into the house to find Sheriff Dale Hanson standing with his feet shoulder-width apart, a gun in his hands, facing a young woman standing over the fallen body of Isabel Evans.

?Who are you people?? the sheriff said in a frantic voice.

Mulder and Scully both flashed their badges as Max rushed forward. ?Siana, what happened?? Max said. Then he saw the bodies. Two were flung across the room and lay where they had fallen, but the third was literally cut into pieces.

?These creatures attacked us,? Siana said in clear English. ?I defended your mother and Isabel killed two, but one shot her while I was trying to save Diane. I am so sorry.?

Max knelt down by his sister?s side. ?What is going on here, Max?? Sheriff Hanson demanded. ?Who is this girl??

?She was only protecting my family,? Max said.

Hanson looked up at Mulder, who nodded. ?Sheriff, I need a word with you. Outside.?

?I?m not??

?Now, Sheriff,? Mulder said with a note of unyielding command in his voice. ?This is a federal investigation. You are completely out of your jurisdiction. Please come with me.?

When he got the Sheriff out of the living room, Max turned his attention back to his sister. Her eyes were closed and sweat poured from her forehead.

?Max,? Diane Evans whispered, tears streaming down her cheeks as she removed a digital thermometer from Isabel?s mouth. ?What is going on? She?s so hot!?

Isabel?s eyes opened, and Diane whimpered at what she saw. Her daughter?s eyes had gone completely white. ?Tell her, Max,? Isabel whispered. Just then Scully knelt down. ?I?m a doctor,? she said. ?Please move so I can take a look at her.?

Liz, however, also knelt down and put a hand on Scully?s wrist. ?Agent Scully, I don?t think th
  15. dajohu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yay! first post again finally! :) Anyway, interesting update, looking forward to the next one.

-dajohu
  16. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be darned that was the darkest chapter yet! I knew Darth Nihl was going to wreak havoc in Fort Somner but nor that the whole town was to be vaped Aldeeran style!:eek:
    So any other cultural icons on the target list?[face_devil]
    Terrific update!=D= Cannot wait to see what happens next...
  17. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Really action packed chapter. Quick question: Who is Rain Robinson and her friend that rescued Daniel? What tv show are they from or did you make them up just for this?
  18. WyoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Awesome update! More alien powers going off in the Crashdown, and then Nihl's "fun" in Fort Sumner. That was intense and dark, especially the population ticking down **shudder** I never expected Tennenbaum to wipe out the town though. That was surprising.

BTW, is that the same Rain Robinson from Voyager? Anyway, outstanding chapter!

Cheers,
    Wyo
  19. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    The only consolation for Fort Sumner is that they would've been killed by Tennebaum's bomb anyway. :eek: Nihl makes Vader look like a saint.
  20. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Wow! If I didn't know it before (and I did) that chapter would have shown me what a good action writer you are!

21. FVZA-Colonel Jedi Knight

"In Part 2 I illustrate this point with a cameo from one of the best ST characters."

I cannot wait to see who that is, though I do have my suspicions. Excellent work, all around excellent work.
  22. TigerofRobare Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tennenbaum nuked the place? That's insane! I hope Kyle gets to Earth soon.
  23. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

good psot, enjoyed it.
  24. PunkMaister Jedi Knight

star 1
    He didn't! What was used is what's called a fuel-air bomb it produces such an explosion...
  25. LordInferno Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where did Tennenbaum get a FAB? Wait... don't answer that. I don't want to know.

And there seem to be 2 characters called Kyle, and while this chapter has them separated, and makes it easier to put into context which is which, the possibility for confusion further down the line, when Kyle Katarn reaches Earth, does exist. So what's going to happen? Kyle and Kyle K?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.