main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Heaven is for Real

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Apr 15, 2014.

1. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    oh ok i see what's happening in this thread, i'll see myself out

2. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

i'm sorry, you must never have taught 2nd grade for three years like i did. i heard the craziest crap every day that was obviously not true

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Do you think what he "maintained" (I think you may have meant retained) had something (or a lot) to do with his father being a pastor? Do you think it's possible that he'd been talked to about heaven since he could speak?

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    No, I meant maintained, as in he maintained his story.

Touche, it is possible. But his father (if what I saw in the trailer was how it went down) didn't agree with everything Colton was saying about heaven, so make of that what you will.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Bible says nobody except Jesus has gone to heaven. But I guess they forgot about Enoch and Elijah. Whoops.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  7. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Where's the passage you're referring to? Sounds like a newer translation corruption.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    What's a newer translation corruption? I thought it was infallible.

9. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

2 Kings 2:11 " And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."

Another Bible contradiction for you to enjoy!

Darth-Lando likes this.
  10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    The King James Version is infallible. However, the newer translations were taken from corrupted Alexandrian manuscripts, and don't have the true Word of God.
    2 rules to live by: 1, There are no mistakes in the King James Bible. 2, If you think you've found one, refer to Rule 1.
    Now, that's not to say I understand what's being implied here, but if you'll allow me to make an interpretation, I think what it's saying is that God carried Elijah up to heaven through the whirlwind. Christ is God, so he could ascend and descend at will. I extrapolated from "Elijah went up by a whirlwind" and in John Jesus is saying "And no man hath ascended..." I'm positive Jesus knew that He'd taken Elijah into heaven, so the error lies simply in our own interpretation.

That's my spiel.

11. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Any evidence that the KJV is infallible? If you're going to assert a truth, you should make sure it's not just an opinion you desperately want to be true.

And if you're interpreting the Bible, then you are guilty of violating Revelations 22:18. Sucks to be you!

12. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This is quite possibly one of the stupidest things ever.

"It's infallible. Oh you found a mistake? It's not a mistake because it's infallible?"

Well guess what.

1) Lord Vivec is infallible. 2) If you think you've found a mistake, refer to rule 1.

TX-20, V-2, Darth-Lando and 5 others like this.
  13. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The Bible is infallible because the Bible says it is infallible! How can you argue with logic like that?

TX-20 likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had two dreams about UFOs, each time came after watching some special on tv about it. I guess this qualifies me to write a book about it claim truth.

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Oh Jaysis Kerrist. How in the name of his daddy can you sit here and dare say to us that a storybook written by oh so fallible men - then edited by 17 century dudes of the separatist church of England that simply disagreed with other translations - is infallible??

That is simply the one of the craziest (your geocentrist belief of the universe still being the chart-topper) and stupidest notion I've ever seen in these boards.

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    No, you're not allowed to. You believe in the literal, infallible truth of the Bible. There should be no plurality of meanings to it, and thus no interpretations required.

timmoishere likes this.
  17. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Newer translation corruption."

Holy ****.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Exactly.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Interestingly enough, this touches on why my faith (I'm a Baha'i) teaches that miracles are pretty much rubbish as a means to validate religion. Not because miracles can't/don't happen (my faith teaches that they do), but because we humans have a hard time believing things that we're eyewitnesses to, let alone stuff that happened to someone else hundreds or thousands of years ago.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hear the KJV is also inflammable and makes for excellent winter fuel.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    We find 9 out of 10 consumers can't tell the difference between the King James Version and this dead crab!

[​IMG]

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sounds like something out of Star Trek.

"Captain, my tricorder was hit by a radioactive field and now has newer translation corruption!"

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Yes, very infallible:

"I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
    "for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world" (John 9:39)
    "And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Genesis 32:30)
    "No man hath seen God at any time" (John 1:18)

:rolleyes:

Darth_Invidious and V-2 like this.