main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Height and Dating Discussion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jodo_Kast_Unleashed, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1] Great advice Stacy! Lianne and yourself have totally got it.

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    lol i should probably try listening to my own advice :p

3. Darkleitner

Darkleitner Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2006
    Some more scientific study comes up with the following:

The following information would no doubt have Napoleon putting up his dukes: When it comes to women choosing a mate, height does matter ... somewhat.

R.I.M. Dunbar, PhD, from the University of Liverpool, England, and two Polish colleagues recently conducted a study of 4,500 Polish men between the ages of 25 and 60. What they found, the authors write in this week's issue of the journal Nature, is that "taller men are reproductively more successful than shorter men, indicating that there is active selection for stature in male partners by women."

4. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_whistling] I have heard similar reports on that too from England and Germany. Um whether it is really true or not ..not sure.

5. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Does this mean tall guys get more dates or have more kids? Either way, I'm sure there is someone somewhere else saying the opposite.

6. Darkleitner

Darkleitner Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2006
    Just some food for thought. When I saw this thread it seemed to me that most of the studies I have heard of seem to suggest this. One has to take any study with a grain of salt. Even those conducted by the esteemed Jordan! M

7. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    I wonder what kind of results a height study would get in Asia?

8. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Here's a topic to revive this discussion: Age and Dating. What do you guys think are comfortable age ranges, ie. how old is too old or how young is too young for you? Jordan, what was that ratio you had worked out? Ladies, do you prefer guys who are older than you, or do you like younger guys equally? Guys, same question, sexes reversed?

9. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Well, i don't particularily care about age. My last long term relationship was quite a bit older than me (21 years older actually) and the man i'm currently dating is 4 1/2 years younger then me. As long as you have a connection w/ the person, i find age is irrelevant. There will be issues when the is a significant age difference, but they can be overcome if you're willing to make an effort at it.

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The rule of 7 works for all guys and younger women.

For guys is 1/2 your age plus 7. This is to get the youngest you should date, so as to not look like your cruising the high schools for women.

11. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    I have a good question for everyone..we were just talking about this at work. How do guys feel about tattoos and peircings on women and when is it too much? Same questions for the Ladies about the men.[face_pumpkin]

Myself..I like some tattoos on men. It can be quite sexy as long as they aren't covered like the Lizard man. I am sure many of you have seen him on various shows including Ripley's Believe it or not. Quite scary..he even got tongue surgery and sharpened teeth.
    I found though some of the other women were a little more reserved on this matter than I was..especially when it came to professionalism at the work place

For women...I think smaller designs and patterns can look great but very large and too many takes away their feminine appeal. .[face_alien_1]

12. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Age is not a big deal to me. I think if you are too far apart, you may not have anything in common to talk about. Being close in age doesn't add an extra spark or anything like that.

I think piercings have to be a little discrete. Ears are a given. Some girls look amazing with a tiny gold stud in their nose. Belly button & tounge are great, anything else is too much.

Tattoos are irresistable to me when done right. Usually no more than one, or it's just graffitti. It has to be unique (nothing picked off the wall!), personal, and hidden. Nothing's sexier than when a woman says "Would you like to see my tattoo?"

13. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I love tattoos. It adds so much character to a person, as long as they are done well. I say, everyone is going to be old and wrinkly one day, why not be old, wrinkly, and colourful? You'll have more stories to tell your grandkids that way. I do think that tattoos should be very individual, representing an aspect of your personality that is very important to you. Both of mine, the Jedi pilot symbol, and the Korean characters for TaeKwon-Do, are huge parts of me and always will be. On girls, low back tats are a turn on, but every other girl has one, so they have to be very unique to be effective. As for piercings, a few facial piercings are a turn on as well. Like Neil said, ears are a given, and nose studs look good. I also like the look of tongue piercings, lip piercings(centred, not off to the side so much), and brow corners. Other hidden piercings would be fun to search for as well. It can get excessive though. I remember that one of the receptionists at Bushido Tattoo has studs centred on each cheek and I thought "Does water get in her mouth when she holds her breath swimming? Does liquid spurt out like a fountain when she drinks something?"

14. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Thats ..halarious shatir. I never thought about the water issue. I have heard people talking about colds and nose piercing..enough said that could get gross. I have seen a women in our office she was a interesting lady, kind of scared other parents and kids. She told us she has 101 piercings and I don't doubt that cause she was covered on all of her exposed areas (head, multiple waist ones with chain etc.)You couldn't see her as a women first ..all you saw was massive amounts of piercings.

Some piercing is quite nice on men and women, watch out for tongue piercing though we have seen a good number of people with bad infections and fractured teeth from them. Can cause some serious damage on some people. Bellybutton ones are nice and so are some nose ones if they are small. Men with an earring can be very attractive too.

15. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Nipple rings on guys are hot..so are tattoos, as long as they're not totally covered w/ ink. IMO

16. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences on long distance relationships? Can they work?

17. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed

Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    Here's a hot young girl for those who love piercings.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member1611435.htm#in

Me? No thanks. That's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me.

As for age, height and distance; love will find a way. A crush or an infatuation won't survive even if it's only across the street.

18. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Damn, I wanted to email that girl but I can't since I'm not within 75 miles. Those corset piercings are so kandosii. Ouch. Pun intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.