main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heir to the Empire question.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Qwert_Squadron, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    ive read a lot about people wanting a warning when a spoiler is coming...well i forget a lot...so just be forewarned that i will probably post a spoiling post without a notice...my bad

anyway, in the second chapter of Heir to the Empire it says that luke objected to using Courscant as the NR capital world. i thought that the NR started using Courscant for the capital world about two years eariler. if luke is just bringing it up now...kinda of pointless. mabye it's just my keen lookout for pointless continuity errors.

when did the NR start using Courscant as the capital world?

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Somewhere in the X-Wing books I think...

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    In Wedge's Gamble I belive it was Rouge Squadron played a key role in conquering Coruscant.

4. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I can sort of understand Luke's point, but as the Rogues say in Wedge's Gamble, Coruscant was an important symbol.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Maybe they conquered Coruscant in Wedge's Gamble, but they didn't start moving all of the government onto the planet until a few months before HTTE.

6. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    It as always been known that Coruscant is the key for any galactic government. Tradition perhaps but also because as the saying goes in our world, All roads lead to Rome.

Perhaps it is the same in the GFFA, All roads lead to Coruscant.

7. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    more like hyperspace lanes but we get the point....IN Wedges Gamble they conquer, in Krytos Trap, you can pretty much see that the y have moved a good portion of the government into position so it seems that way

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah, they had it at least 2 years befor HttE.

9. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    they are reintroducing the key characters of the books, ie, luke, who will be one of the stars. keep in mind this is the first we've seen of him since ROTJ, disincluding maybe some comics or whatever. so there is bound to be some thoughts going through their heads, to introduce us to their thought patterns. upon rereading this aforementioned chapter, i have to take the opinion that luke is just giving us a refresher course in the last few years worth of events in the galaxy. he was just thinking to himself 'wow, i really hate this place. i TOLD them not to stay here but NOOOO what do i know, im just a jedi master right?' etc etc. he was rambling and moping, not actually objecting.

10. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    After Rogue squadron took Corescant, they were still part of the "rebellion." The reason that Rogue squadron even took corescant was because it was a powerfull imperial stronghold. To defeat them their would greatly weaken the imperial forces, and morale.

They had to deal with the "krytos Trap" and earn the respect of the galaxy, to be excepted as a government, this took quite a while to do, due to the fact that the galaxy is quite large.

Only after they were a recognized government could they be called the New Republic, cause there was still an Empire controlling large amounts of the galaxy. Only after becoming the galactic government could they decide on their capital planet.

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Most importantly, Zahn wrote his book much before the X-Wing books were written about the taking of Coruscant.

12. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    In Wedge's Gamble the NR takes Coruscant. They have the government begin moving there during Krytos Trap. I hadn't thought about it before (I read HttE before any of the X-wing novels) but Luke probably objected from square one, plus it takes awhile for a government to do ANYTHING! haha.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.