main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heir's Trial (Jacen/Tenel Ka - mini epic) - Completed April 4/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    SilSolo ? Not quite the day she gets home, Sil. She?s been on Hapes for about two months, maybe a little longer. Besides, it takes time to organize assassins. Thanks for the comment on the Hapans? I?ve been trying hard not to warp them too badly.

Sprikloas - *laughs* yes, that kind of tension, Sprikloas. I admit I had trouble with this passage, that you?re about to read, but it?s mostly due to the decision I made about where it ends lol! Enjoy ;)

Black_Hole - *grin* Yup, there?s more to follow Black_Hole ;) sorry for the wait, but I hope it?s worth it.

TelannaTani - *laughs* I could have posted it that day, TelannaTani, but I reworked it since then, so I?m glad I didn?t.

I hope my Jacen/TK discussion helps clear up some of the impending talk stuff people are speculating on. Jacyn?s impending talk with her mother should be set up nicely here too, along with some entertaining surprises in the next couple of chapters ;) Enjoy!

Vongchild - *chuckle* was I that obvious, Vongchild? ;) Seriously, I haven?t yet decided if it?s the rat Ta?a Chume who sent the assassins, or the family whose proposal Jacyn spurned. Both have cause.

DreamingIce ? Yup, I do tease, DreamingIce, it means I get to have my readers begging for more lol!

No, seriously, I wasn?t happy with the next chapter so I reworked it. I?m happier with it now :)

AvenKiel - *grin* Thanks AvenKiel, Jacen will need all the help he can get lol!

Qui-Gon_Jinn__Jacen ? Thank you, padawan! And while I appreciate your suggestions, I don?t think a threatening note would be in character for a Hapan assassination. Failed attempted usually draw denials and people bucking to curry favor in case the Queen Mother would think they were implicated. Unfortunately no more action yet either, but maybe in a post or two :)

Valley_Lord ? Thanks Valley_Lord, and you?re right, she does need to learn to kill, but she?s only 12 years old. I thik, no, I know I wouldn?t have been able to kill anyone at twelve. And while Tenel Ka has been over it with her daughter, talking about it and doing it are two different things.

hollynkesten ? Thank you, hollynkesten! I was happy with the way it turned out too. I was a little uncertain of adding Isolder in there at the end, but I found it worked.

Thanks for your comments everyone! Now, on with the show!

Part 11

Tenel Ka slept through the following day and night. Jacen joined her, as exhausted as she, knowing that Isolder would not leave his granddaughter's side while she was recovering. Jacen didn't even bother moving to his own bed after laying Tenel Ka down that first night, simply crawled in with her and closed his eyes.

He woke feeling refreshed, Jacyn's Force presence strong and clear from across the palace, indicating she was much improved. He smiled, stretching, and yawned.

"You hog the bed."

Jacen froze at the soft, teasing reprimand and turned his head.

Tenel Ka lay on her right side, her head propped up on her hand, staring at him. Her hair was wild about her head, sticking up at odd angles, but the shadows beneath her eyes had disappeared. She didn't seem perturbed to find him there.

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry; I'm not used to sharing."

"It pleases us." Her eyes sparkled with mirth. "You should become accustom to sharing, Jacen. I have enjoyed sleeping in your arms."

"I didn't know you realized I was here." He yawned, pushing himself into a sitting position. "You were pretty out of it when I took you to bed."

She followed his example, but sat cross legged. Her robe had loosened during her sleep, and exposed a line of clear, creamy skin from navel to neck. Jacen couldn't help but stare. She shifted again, the robe closed, and she belted it tighter once more. Jacen felt a blush crawling up his neck and fought it; she'd done that intentionally.

"It pleases you to look at me?"

"Always has." He grinned. "But you know that."

2. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Great introspection on a mature level. I love the way you show both characters in this scene contemplating the past and comparing it to the present. It isn't, necessarily, better or closer...just different...more mature.

Jacen shows conviction. He loves Tenel Ka, but will not be made the fool. He can play the role of consort, but he will not commit himself to the true role unless Tenel Ka makes that same committment. I came away with the impression that Jacen can make personal sacrifices on a proprietary level when it comes to the matriarch society, but he will not compromise that title when it comes to their personal relationship...Which I think is best for these two, if it is going to work. Well done!!!

Again, Jacen is manipulating to some extent, but it was done based on sound principle as opposed to personal gain. The fact that they each "scare" the other based (what I perceive to be) on the loss of personal control at the hand of emotion was well presented.

I enjoyed Tenel Ka's reactionary acts (such as smiles and unexpected laughs)...and how Jacen made a point to explain to her why he likes it. I sense she is still uneasy about such displays...and is insecure until Jacen presents his thoughts on it.

I really enjoyed this interaction, because I came away with a true sense of "mending" by both of the characters.

Nice!!!!=D=

Trep

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    wow you sure have a way with suspense.

4. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Heh. Nice ending.. Better than to most 'fade to dark' ones you find in mandatory-pg sites.

Ha. Like waht, toothbrushes? OH, GOD, NOT THE TOOTHBRUSHES!! (sorry.. I'm eating alot of crackers these days..))

5. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    :: sigh ::

That was SO worth the wait.

"Are you scolding me, Jacen Solo?"

"You need it. Jacyn's not you."

Tenel Ka laughed, the clear musical notes echoing through the room.

Jacen blinked, staring at her enchanted. He loved hearing her laugh; it was a rare occurrence indeed.

After a few moments, she smiled at him, her mirth dwindling. "I have missed you Jacen..."

I loved his comments, and her reaction! While she denies it in this scene, we know from the last that she really was dissappointed with Jacyn's actions. It's good to know she's realistic and can take a little CC too...

About the rest of the conversation, it was just great. I love that they are so open and honest with each other. The only "bare your soul" conversation like that I've had is with the man who is now my husband (who was then asking me to date him). I think that's a sign of things moving in the right direction!

He pinned her with a look. "I love you. I have always loved you. I will always love you. If you can't reciprocate, I will not be a part of this farce. I will be your friend, I will be your consort in name, but I will not share your bed on your whim. I love you. I have too much respect for you and for myself to sully our friendship with meaningless sex." He inhaled sharply, and delivered his ultimatum. "Say the words Tenel Ka or I'll walk straight out of this room until you know, without a doubt, how you feel about me."

At this point, I was nearly panicking!:eek: I couldn't believe after all that healthy talk he would just walk away! I had to reread the passage. Then I realized the truth. He's absolutely right, and I was proud that he was able (and willing) to stand up for himself like that. To say, "yes, I want you, but I won't be your plaything" and risk losing their relationship, her frienship, and/or their love. Tough move - but the right one!

She crossed to him, giving him no time to move away, and stepped so close her chest pressed against his tightly, their hips aligned almost perfectly, and her arm went about his neck. "I do love you." She pulled his face down and kissed him soundly, her lips hot and demanding on his. She felt him groan deep in his chest as if his burden had suddenly been lifted. His arms came around her, trapping her like iron bands as if afraid she would run, and his mouth responded to her kiss.

She pulled back so quickly their lips made a smacking sound, and stared up into his face. "Do you doubt me?"

He swallowed hard, shaking his head, feeling light-headed. "I'll never doubt you again."

"Good."

He didn't offer an ounce of resistance when she pulled his face back to hers.

*romantic sigh* It couldn't have been better! I can't wait to see where this is goes!

On a more personal note, I have to say thank you. I am personally frustrated with how often the hero/heroine in so many stories can't be married (and no, I don't mean a permenant relationship, I mean married - or whatever the realm wants to call it) and have a meaningful, permenant relationship without the person dying or walking away after a couple good bouts in the bed. That's why I was so excited when Luke and Mara got married and with Leia and Han's relationship. But since then, it seems all they can do is sleep around. Hence Jacen's cannon relationship with TK... It's nice to see one of the new generation characters actually attempt to have a healthy, permenant relationship. Too bad we can't convince those profic peeps...

Awesome job, Jade! Keep it up!=D=

6. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Deep, emotional post Jade. I was going to make a mature andintellectual reply, then I read this part

She followed his example, but sat cross legged. Her robe had loosened during her sleep, and exposed a line of clear, creamy skin from navel to neck.

I know what Jacen was thinking: BOOBS!!!!!(in the same reverent tone of thriteen year old boys)

A little immature of me I know, but hey gotta be me.

BTW Gary's getting a profile soon, look out for a dork with anything that involves the Marines in its name.

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
  8. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Yee! That was so . . . . AARRGGHH! I loved it! Especially the end. The beginning seemed a little akward brween them though. I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be that way or not.

Keep up the good work.

9. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I swear! I wasn't purposefully withdrawing my love and support because it was taking so gosh darn long for TK to step up...really...I've jsut been crazy busy and happened to pop in for a minute right after you finally had her step up!

I loved it andthe last update. Can't wait to see Jacyn's reaction to her parent's finally being an item.

Preggers

sorry that wasn't the most insightful update...but I did read and it brought a bright spot to my day.

10. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Yes!! [face_dancing]

Great talk between the two of them!

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= That was great! Finally she has told him!

12. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    A round of applause for Tenel Ka and Jacen! I think they've made a wonderful progress today! :)

13. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Having so much fun reading this...

Do you think it's about time for rest of the Solo/Skywalker clan to enter the equation?

14. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    LO VE
    LOVEDIT LOVEDIT
    LOVEDITLOV EDITLOVEDIT
    LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOV
    LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDIT
    LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOVED
    LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOV
    EDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOVE
    CITLOVEITLOVEDITLOVE
    DITLOVEDITLOVEDITL
    OVEDITLOVEDITLOV
    EDITLOVEDITLOV
    EDITLOVEDITL
    OVEDITLOVE
    *AWESOME
    JOB*

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

15. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Nobody fear, Gary is here. Sorry I havent been able to read ur fic lately, I was a little busy.
    I,like Jacen's self restraint. Jacyn is going to have PTS problems. Most kids that age would be pretty scarred by that experience.

(reads Valley_Lord's reply) control yourself dude. I'm ashamed of you. You could have at least made that reply witty.

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Trepidation ? Thanks Trep!

Great introspection on a mature level. I love the way you show both characters in this scene contemplating the past and comparing it to the present. It isn't, necessarily, better or closer...just different...more mature.

I guess I?m still trying to show everyone exactly how different they?ve become. I want to show how much they?ve grown as characters and individuals, but also as a couple and friends. I didn?t want to just have a scene where Tenel Ka comes to some snap realization that the last twelve years of heartache don?t mean anything, and have it suddenly be alright. They still have issues, but those issues are now minor compared to what they started with.

Jacen shows conviction. He loves Tenel Ka, but will not be made the fool. He can play the role of consort, but he will not commit himself to the true role unless Tenel Ka makes that same committment.

That is exactly what I was going for. Jacen is a very self-possessed man now and I don?t feel he?d sacrifice his own personal beliefs to simply make someone elses? life easier. Hence, he won?t play the fool for her regardless, or perhaps because of his feelings for her.

I came away with the impression that Jacen can make personal sacrifices on a proprietary level when it comes to the matriarch society, but he will not compromise that title when it comes to their personal relationship...Which I think is best for these two, if it is going to work. Well done!!!

Again, that is what I was hoping would come across. Jacen has entered into being her consort and accepted it with his eyes open. He knows what?s expected of him in the public role. He?s agreed to play the doting and devoted consort when in public eye, but their personal relationship is not up for discussion if there is no meaningful attachment. I think you?re right ? if he compromised and gave in to the sort of fling Tenel Ka implies in the earlier chapters, it would destroy whatever hopes they had of becoming a couple permanently.

Again, Jacen is manipulating to some extent, but it was done based on sound principle as opposed to personal gain. The fact that they each "scare" the other based (what I perceive to be) on the loss of personal control at the hand of emotion was well presented.

*chuckle* Jacen?s always manipulating it seems, but then, Tenel Ka does her share too. I?ve always seen these two as selfless, not including Dark Nest ;), and think they?d both do things for the greater good even if it meant personal sacrifice. Which they?ve both done ? now, with the second chance at hand, they?re being selfish in the fact that they?re fighting for something more than just raging hormones. Makes them very complex and difficult to write at times.

I enjoyed Tenel Ka's reactionary acts (such as smiles and unexpected laughs)...and how Jacen made a point to explain to her why he likes it. I sense she is still uneasy about such displays...and is insecure until Jacen presents his thoughts on it.

To be honest, I don?t think Tenel Ka?s public approval and reactions would change, but it?s those private ones. The smiles for Jacen and Jacyn, that indicate a true sense of her change in character. But then, it also gives those small acts much more meaning when they happen because they?re cherished that much more.

Of course, Jacen has always had a thing for Tenel Ka?s stoic attitude, one of the reasons he was drawn to her in the first place, but seeing that she?s capable of letting her guard down with him, of trusting him after everything that has happened, is a good indicator of how far she?s come and where they have the potential to go. I?m glad it didn?t come across as out of character ? that?s something I try very hard to avoid with her!

I really enjoyed this interaction, because I came away with a true sense of "mending" by both of the characters.

Thanks, Trep, that compliment means a lot :)

SilSolo ? Thanks Sil, I?ve been working on it *chuckle* Most of my stories are

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Part 12

The yellow-green lightsaber hummed softly, darting in a simple pattern to deflect the bolts. Jacyn's hands were tight around the hilt as she concentrated, and deflected each one quickly. Sweat dripped from her brow as she turned and dived, rolling across the grass before coming up in an en-garde position. The blaster bolts arced across the field with a sizzling sound and she was forced to put her hilt into her right hand, dropping the blade as it stiffened and spasmed. She ducked, feeling he sting of the stun bolts. "Ouch!" She rolled away, flexing her fingers as she scooped up her lightsaber and shut it down.

Her hand just wasn't up to gripping anything small very tightly yet.

"Careful, Jacyn, you might get hurt."

"Nah. I'm being very careful. Thanks for being willing to shoot at me, Grampy."

Isolder lowered the blaster. "I admit it feels odd."

Jacyn grinned. "No odder than I feel trying to deflect them. I just with I could hold onto my lightsaber better."

"It'll come with time." Isolder's assurance was followed by holstering the blaster. "But I think that's enough for now. You've only been out of the bacta for three days."

Jacyn crossed the field and fell in step with him as they made their way back towards the entrance of the gardens. "I think you're right. Naya's getting edgy." She pointed towards the glass doors where the ferret was jumping up and down, her fur poofed out excitedly, her teeth barred. She was lunging at the door, hitting it, and then jumping around some more.

Isolder laughed. "Just what do you see in those creatures?"

"They're fun!" She opened the doors as Naya lunged and caught the dooking bundle of fur. Naya squirmed, chittering, and Jacyn put her on the ground, going down on all fours to chase her.

Naya jumped into the garden, lunging playfully at the girl's hand before darting away with an excited sound. Jacyn followed, aware her Grandfather was watching amused, and caught the little ferret around the middle before rolling her onto her back and tickling her sides. Naya's squirming intensified as she tried to escape, using her teeth to touch, but not bite, Jacyn's hands. "You're so silly Naya!"

"You're one to talk."

Jacyn looked up at her father's voice, grinning from ear to ear. "You're just jealous 'cause you can't play with her!"

"I see you're much improved." Jacen leaned over the balcony. "Sorry to interrupt play time, but your mother and I need to talk with you. If you're done?"

Jacyn scooped Naya into her arms, sending soothing thoughts to the ferret to calm her down. Naya protested for a few moments before collapsing gratefully, as if exhausted, in the girl's arms. Jacyn looped Naya around her neck before turning to Isolder. "Do you need to see mom and dad too?"

Isolder shook his head. "I have to prepare for a committee meeting that?s to take place in about an hour."

"Thanks again Grampy." She hugged him tightly before turning. Isolder strode out of the garden and out of view. Jacen moved away from the balcony's edge and Jacyn Force leapt to it, smiling. "I hear you kidnapped mom so she would sleep while I was in the bacta tank. Grampy says it's a family tradition."

Jacen laughed, reaching out to pull her into a hug. "I'm glad to see you're doing so well, Jacyn."

Jacyn returned the tight hug before stepping back. "I'm much better. The medic said I shouldn't be showing any lasting effects from the poison, but it might be a while before I can fully use my hand again."

"So why are you lightsaber training?"

Jacyn shrugged, reaching up to scratch Naya. "It seemed like a good way to get back in shape. If I have to fend of assassins regularly, I need to be able to respond better than I did." She spoke as she followed Jacen into his quarters.

"There is nothing wrong in the way you responded."

Jacyn flushed at her mother's gentle reprimand. "I didn't stop them though."

"You did as you should." Tenel Ka reached out and pulled Jacyn into a hug. "We are very proud of you,

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Ooh perfect. I can't wait for th enext post.

19. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Han and Leia are perfect. [face_love]

And I love the innuendo.

20. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Interseting. Jacyn is way too aware of her parent's sex life, it's a little disturbing (If the same think happened in my family, we would had puked). That girl had better keep a tight hold on that rodent, lest it get stuck in some machinery on the Falcon.

21. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Ditto bro, as I recall our mother had only one conversation with us that involved sex, Gordo, Glenn and I pulled a three monkeys on her(hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.)

WHen you think about it, Jacen could have had it far worse, it could have been a boy. When my friends and I came home after Afganistan, we found out(in we I mean they, since I wasn't even married then) that THe guys with girls were accepted much more than the guys with boys. I guess boys react more negatively to paternal abondonment, and girls are more willing to forgive.

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh, you've written Leia and Han perfectly! =D= Esp loved the interaction between Han and Jacyn. It was so sweet!

23. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Oh, yes! Fantasic Post!!

Jacyn was great was great, but I agree with Gary and Valley_Lord... Jacyn's knowledge about her parent's love life is a little scary.

But how you dealt with Jacyn's thoughts that she didn't cope well enough was great.

And of course, Han and Leia finally meet their granddaughter! [face_dancing]

Beautiful, spectacular work with that scene. [face_love] [:D] Mind, you Jacyn better make sure that Naya doesn't wander into the Falcon too deeply. ;)

Can't wait for the upcoming talk between Han, Leia, Jacen and TK. (Sorry, I can't offer any help on Han and Leia, I've never written them myself. I thought they were great there!)

~Misha

24. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    awwww.... Han readily accepts, Leia a little bitter, but she'll get over it... keep up the good work!

25. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Good Han and Leia, really.

*snickers* I find the oddest things funny..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.