main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hell have no wrath like a Mandolorian woman?s scorn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Risca_Skywalker, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    It's Mando'a dear And I'm not fluent...I just read Karen Traviss' books and I have the wordlist.

*Nods her thanks for the help with the ice pack*

Oh Ryi didn't hit me that hard...she's just that strong. [face_beatup]

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Mando'a...right.

*Shakes my head*

I don't have any books by Karen Traviss, so I don't know any Mando'a words.

Ryi must really want you to finish the sequel! Then again...she's not the only one!

3. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Well I'm currently reading the Republic Commando series (It's really good)

But I can give you the link to the wordlist. It's actually on her website.

Here ya go!

Mando'a

4. Ryi_Korle-Fett

Ryi_Korle-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2011
    Yep the RC series is real good isn't it vod'ika?

Or is that because you're helplessly in love with the Clones? :p

And yes Padawan, I really want her to finish the sequel.

The black eye is just the beginning though.

Remember, Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade! (Don't Mess with Mandalorians!)

But my personal favorite is this old Mandalorian saying.: Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. "Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."

If you want, here's the glossary on Wookieepedia. It's got phrases as well as pretty much the rest of it. Mando'a Glossary

Now I'll let ya know a little secret ad'ika Obviously I'd know it but... Risca here also knows how to sing Vode An pretty much by heart. I'd expect nothing less from her though.

Heh, maybe some day you'll here here sing it.

5. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    o_O It's HEAR HER! Not Here here... Jeez you must have been typing real fast.

And yes, I know... Don't mess with the Mandos...specially their women. Or else you'll get your shebs kicked.

[face_blush] Oh Ryi... don't give away all my secrets...I know I can sing but for heaven sakes...

Oh alright! Maybe sometime she will hear me sing Vode An. It's practically my lullaby anyways so of course I know it by heart.

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Vode An? Shebs? Vod'ika? Ad'ika? *Groans and shakes my head*

I really have to check out that website soon...I have a hard enough time learning Spanish in my school! Now I have to add Mando'a to the list...

7. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    *Ahem* Lemme give you the translations...

Vode An= The title Translates to: Brother's All. It's a Mandalorian song that the soldiers sing. The version I know and the version from the books and the Republic Commando game were revised for the Clone Troopers.

Sheb= Butt. A**. Tush...etc. It's your rear end. So if we say "Mando's kick shebs." You kinda get the picture.

Vod'ika= Little brother/sister, or a term of endearment for your brother/sister. Only used when among friends or family.

Ad'ika= Little one. Used for both boys and girls as Mando'a is gender neutral. You can also use this term for your friends and other members of your family.

Well thankfully I find Mando'a to be easier than that, though I haven't checked out the grammar rules yet. But from what I hear it's really easy. The hardest thing is the pronunciation.

8. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Since Vod'ika and Ad'ika all ended with the same phrase, I guessed they had similar meanings.

When you said Sheb I had a pretty good idea of what that one meant!

As for Vode An, I had no idea...you are like my C-3P0 with Mando'a! Except you are not nearly as whiney! [face_laugh]

9. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Well see there ya go!

'ika is the ending that you use when you say "little" something. Or at least that's how I think of it.

And yeah... I figured I wouldn't need to translate that one because it's pretty obvious as to what one means when you say "Mandos kick shebs!"

Your C-3PO with Mando'a.... Padawan did I ever tell you how much I love you? :p[face_love]

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Laughs* [face_laugh]

By the way...I am still waiting for your next draft! I know you have a lot to do, but I wa was wondering; have you at least started on it, or have ideas? I am sitting on pins and needles here waiting!

Hmm...I wonder how you say that in Mando'a! :p

11. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Oi vey... yeah I know. I actually haven't started on it yet, I really should though. I had an idea about how to start it out but I've been such a procrastinator that I haven't gotten around to it and yes I blame the Plot bunnies on this one.

Oi.. I have no clue but I'm sure there's gotta be some way to say it... somewhat at least.:p

12. Ryi_Korle-Fett

Apr 18, 2011
    Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. [face_shame_on_you]

Risca... do I need to pound you into the dirt again? Or shall I wait till after dinner and Boba Fett-ucine?

13. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Stands in front of Risca, to be her defense*

I really don't think she needs another black eye, Ryi.

*Turns to Risca*

You haven't even started it?! I'll repeat some advise you gave me. You can write your plot bunnies down somewhere, like a little note, and focus on only ONE thing!

14. Ryi_Korle-Fett

Apr 18, 2011
    :rolleyes: Jeez, I give ya one black eye and now you've got a Jedi defending you?

What is this world coming to?!

But I must say that it's totally cute that you're protecting her Padawan, though I'm not gonna run her into the ground again. Already did that.

15. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    :rolleyes:

Ryi... just... i dunno... go battle Bard'ika at the cantina or something would ya!?

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Lightly chuckles*

Hey, Berd'ika? What...or who is that?

17. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    ....it's Bard'ika

And it's a who, Bardan Jusik From the EUC (And also the Republic Commando Series, that's where Bardan gets his username from).

Remember, the Mandalorian that took Ryi to the Med bay and is in charge of Security for the Senate as well as being hired to protect us?

18. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Gulps and blushes in embarrassment*

Yes, ohh! I hadn't made the connection yet. I hadn't really noticed it.

19. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    :rolleyes: *facepalm*

it's okay...we'll work on it.

20. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    HEY!

*Crosses her arms and glares at you*

I don't know all of the Republic Commando series! Humph!

21. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Well neither do I! I'm only on book three!

22. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Continues crossing arms *

If your only on the third book, you must have been studying that wordlist or something!

23. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Bingo!

The wordlist and they use a lot of Mando'a in these books! And the good thing is, is that you get the Clone Commandos, Kal Skirata, Mando'a, Mandalorian Culture, and a completely awesome story all wrapped into one!

So ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.