main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Hell Week Task #3] Memories

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by Souderwan, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I couldn't get it done in time, so I decided to enlist the aid of one my favorite BB housemates. Kitty was wonderful to talk to as always, but today she couldn't help much. When I asked her why...well...I'll let her say it in her own words...

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok. Real post now:

It?s easy to get nostalgic about all the memories of this experience, trying to recount all the great events; the laughs; the sadness at seeing people go; the frustration of the tasks; etc.

But memories don?t live like people do so I probably won?t really hit highlights that other people might care about. Instead, I?ll talk to what I look back at fondly.

In the beginning

The JCC heavens were torn asunder by a great war, led by one lone warrior who wanted to get a laugh.

[image=http://www.clanepic.com/epic.jpg]

And so it was that

[image=http://www.philprendergast.com/uploaded_images/THE%20EPIC-737084.PNG]

tore 15 ordinary posters from the JCC and forced them to live together, isolated from their normal haunts.

My first memory upon arriving in this strange, new land was not a pleasant one.

[image=http://thegurglingcod.typepad.com/thegurglingcod/images/sausage_fest.jpg]

[I was going to post pics of SWA in his Darth Maul skivvies here, but I he took them down and I didn?t have the foresight to screen capture those bad boys :( Anyway, you get the idea.]

In any case, I looked around at the expanse of who was there to post with and realized that this was actually pretty cool. I knew Everton pretty well, and I?d always liked OBIWAN-JR and Suzuki_Akira. Darth_Guy was also a pretty cool guy even though he and I always disagreed on just about anything. That left two people I didn?t know--darth_boy and GIMER?and one person I?d had some?difficulties with in the past--SWA. I figured that overall things would be fine.

I at least partially knew all the girls and a few of them (ASG, ASO, _p_l_, and SLG?what is it with these acronyms??) were as close to friends as internet friendships can reasonably be.

So overall, despite the dearth of interaction with the ladies, I figured this whole thing would be a blast. And a quick one at that. My whole goal for the game was to outlast SWA. I knew there?d be tension between people being annoyed with him and wanting him gone from the house and people being annoyed with him and wanting him gone from the JCC. I gave my odds, ?one chance in three.?

[image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/ed/250px-326103.jpg]

And there came a grave pestilence across the land

The thing that sticks out most in my mind is the voting rounds. Every time one of these things came up, I was convinced that this time, I would be gone. Watching my fellow housemates get booted?many due to no fault of their own other than having lives that existed outside of the forums?was the hardest thing for me. I never liked it, though I knew that it was a part of the game.

On most occasions, I felt that the person I was no more worthy of staying who got booted out.

Equally memorable are the tasks. I loved the interview task the most as it is the getting to know each other part of this game that I really enjoy the most. Many of the tasks stretched my creativity to its limits and I rather enjoyed the challenge. The Vjiking task was particularly fun and I was more than a bit disappointed that some people hated it so much, but to each his own.

But the greatest pestilence was the spam. I?ve made over 2500 posts in a month!!!

Yikes!!

Still, I got to play with the JCC a lot in my entertainment threads and those were loads of fun!

And I got to really know CHRIS, Sonia, Jay-Jay, and Chris (the people I got to know the most since the game started). To me, that?s the most memorable thing of all.

The Alpha, the Omega, the beginning, and The End

[image=http://www.oakparkjournal.com/sports/Light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-01sm.jpg]

However this task ends, there?ll be two at the end of the tunnel, walking to the finish. It?s been an honor and a joy. I?ll remember this experience with a smile. I?m honored to have made it this far.

Thanks for the experience, guys.

Chris and

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Good luck to you, my friend. :)

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Wonderful post.

Best of all the best luck!

Thread Status: