main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hellhole (An Aliens/Star Wars crossover; OCs; updated 6/08)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bly, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hellhole

Chapter One:
    Contact

The Empire's bio-weapons research facility on LV-426 wasn't the busiest place in the Imperial war machine. After all, the planet it was on hadn't even rated a name. But General Vasily Rykov had been adamant that the facility remain operational despite the Emperor's demise.

Commander Geln Herf, the commander of the research station, had privately questioned the wisdom of this decision. He had been assigned here despite having a wife and three kids on his homeworld of Churba, and he had resented the brass who had done so, not to mention that he found the ethics of bio-weapons questionable. He had always questioned the reasons for staying on the planet...until today.

Because today, they had finally found something that could be of use. A stormtrooper patrol assigned to reconnoiter the mountains had found what appeared to be the wreckage of an alien vessel. The Sergeant commanding had wanted to know what to do, and had contacted Herf for instructions.

Herf, after consulting with Rykov, had ordered the Sergeant to check out the inside of the ship.

About ten minutes after transmitting those orders, the distress signal came through.

Herf was prowling the Operations Center when the comm board blared to life. "This is Sergeant TK-4021! Recon Team one needs immediate evac! Request prep for possible biohazard containment!"

Herf looked at the comm board, blinked, and pressed a button. "Standby, Sergeant. We've got an APC inbound to your position now." He gestured sharply at the operations officer, who immediately dispatched a vehicle. "You mentioned a biohazard, Sergeant?"

"Sir, several of my men have something attached to their faces. It burned through their visors, and we can't get them off."

"Understood, Sergeant. Contact me if you need anything more. Herf out."

The thickset base commander swivelled to face an aide. "Where's the General?" asked Herf.

The aide, a thin-faced Lieutenant, shrugged. "Probably in his office, Sir. Why?"

"Because I think the nerf droppings just hit the fan, Lieutenant. If you'll excuse me." Thus saying, Herf exited.

General Vasiliy Rykov, the battered commanding officer of the Iron Bears stormtrooper battalion, was waiting. The General beat Herf to the verbal punch. "I heard everything," remarked the General in his thickly accented voice. "You'd best get that biohazard containment unit ready. If this is what I think it is, we could be in trouble...or on the verge of a new round of promotions."

Herf looked askance at the General. "Sir, would you mind explaining what's going on?"

"I would, as a matter of fact. Just have that biohazard contaiment ready."

"Yes, General."

Thirty minutes after the distress signal, the stormtrooper patrol returned to the base. The patrol was exhausted. Their comrades with the alien on their faces had already been isolated and quarantined, and the Sergeant reported to Herf and Rykov to give his status report.

The Sergeant was a grim man, with the looks and accent of a Fett-clone. "I don't know what it was, Sir. It jumped out of this egg-thing, grabbed Oh-Nine's face, and burned through his visor."

Rykov nodded. "Did you recover those eggs as per your mission readout?"

The stormtrooper nodded. "Yes Sir."

"Good. In any event, your comrades are dead, Sergeant. You will list them as KIA on the unit roster."

TK-4021 frowned. "Begging the General's pardon, but they aren't dead. Our HUD's were still receiving lifesigns."

"They are as good as dead. And believe me, Sergeant, you must keep them quarantined."

For a second, something furtive flitted over the Sergeant's face, but it quickly disppeared. "Yes Sir. Understood Sir."

"Dismissed."

The stormtrooper saluted crisply, about-faced, and walked out of the room.

Thirty minutes after that, the Sergeant was wheeling one of his comrades out of quarantine. The creature had fallen off of TK-2309's face in the process, giving the Sergeant even more hope.

"Good as dead, my ass," g

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good start, Bly. Will we find out more about General Rykov's experience with the Alien infestation?

I hope you're continuing this, then?

3. Bly

Mar 28, 2005
    The General does have some experience with Aliens, but we'll learn about more about that later. And yes, this is definitely being continued.:D

4. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Oh I love the Alien movies! Great crossover idea. I also remember Rykov from the AvP2 pc game.

5. Bly

Mar 28, 2005
    Chapter Two:
    Rallying the Troops

On the bridge of the Star Destroyer Chimaera, Captain Gilad Pellaeon surveyed the dispatches sent to the flagship of Grand Admiral Thrawn's fleet. Most were routine messages, status reports from the Star Destroyers that were the core of the battlegroup, but one message caught his attention.

"LV-426?" the Captain asked of no one in particular. "Who or what is LV-426?"

"It is the location of one of our most critical research stations, Captain," replied a smooth voice. "What does the message say?"

Pelleaon belatedly saluted Grand Admiral Thrawn, wondering what was going on behind those inscrutable red eyes. "Sir, I'm accessing now. It's from a General Rykov, Sir. It appears there's been an incident. I quote, "the beast has been unleashed."

Thrawn's eyebrows raised. "Really, now?" The Admiral swivelled to face the officer standing behind him. "What say you, General Covell? What do you think we should do?"

General Freja Covell, commanding officer of Thrawn's ground forces, stroked his trim mustache. "I haven't had much experience working with General Rykov before, Admiral. But he's dealt with these bugs before; he wouldn't exaggerate the situation. I recommend we use this as an opportunity to field-test that new unit you've created, Admiral."

"The Marines?" replied the Admiral. "Hmm...I was under the impression they wouldn't be used for prolonged groundside operations."

Covell shrugged. "A soldier must be prepared for every eventuality, Admiral. And I know Major Himron won't have slacked on his men's training."

"How many of these Marines do we have?" interjected Pellaeon.

Covell actually looked sheepish. "Well...only twelve." At Pellaeon's outraged reaction, he added, "but they're the best of the best. Several are Clone Wars veterans, half of them are ex-stormtroopers, and all of them have received the best special-ops training we can provide."

Pellaeon looked at Thrawn and cocked a brow. The Admiral shrugged. "General Covell's analysis is correct, in my opinion. These new Marines are the best soldiers we have."

Pellaeon narrowed his eyes at Covell. "Even so, I won't believe that until I meet them."

Twenty minutes later, Pellaeon was introduced to the Marines.

Major Molo Himron, a special forces veteran, was the commander. Himron was the type of spec-ops operator who could blend into any civilian environment. Despite his civilian appearance, every other aspect of the Major was that of a lifelong soldier.

The second-in-command of the Marines, Lieutenant Gorman, was a graduate of the Caridan Officer's Academy, and had the attitude that only a civilian recently thrown into warfare can possess.

Sergeant Al Apone, the senior NCO, was a native of Socorria who had enlisted in the GAR during the Clone Wars. It wasn't hard to tell that he was the real leader of the Marine unit; he was a hardliner who ran his unit loose and fair, but only because he knew (or thought, in Pellaeon's estimation) that his men were the best. He also had a somewhat unusual affectation: an unlit cigarra clutched in his mouth.

The next highest-ranking NCO was Corporal Dwayne Hicks, a veteran of the Ralltiir campaign. Hicks was a quiet sort, Pellaeon didn't know what to make of him.

Corporals Cynthia Dietrich and Collette Ferro, the medic and pilot, respectively, caught Pellaeon's eye for the simple reason that females were rare in the Imperial military. Ferro wasn't much of a conversationalist, Dietrich even less so, though at least the medic had the decency to offer Pellaeon some pleasantries.

Private Daniel Spunkmeyer was the dropship's crew chief, he was a laconic sort, only nodding at Pellaeon when introduced.

The repeating blaster operators, Privates Mark Drake and Jeanette Vasquez, were practically carbon copies of each other; both were hard-assed grunts, no doubt culled from some penal colony like Kailist VI or Kessel. Pellaeon also thought they rather liked each other, but he had to admit to himself he didn't have the necessary exp

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Interesting. You've got Pellaeon, Thrawn and Covell characterised perfectly, I dare say. Perfectly. I like the addition of the clones, as well. Any comments on their age?

They'd be, what... nearly 80 by 9 ABY, with double aging?

7. Bly

Mar 28, 2005
    :oops: Ooof. I forgot about the accelerated aging.

Worst comes to worst, I work in Skirata's cure somehow. Emphasis being on worst, since I really don't want to have to work in Skirata.:p

Thanks for the comments on the characterization. Would you believe me if I said this is my first time writing Thrawn and Pellaeon?

8. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Cool it's the team from Alien 2! I loved Hicks and Hudson in that movie

9. Bly

Mar 28, 2005
    Chapter Three:
    On the Ready Line

The first indication to Pellaeon that the Chimaera had arrived at LV-426 was when Lieutenant Tschel quietly approached him and tapped him on the shoulder. "What is it?" asked the Captain.

"We've arrived at LV-426, Sir."

Pellaeon gazed at the young Lieutenant. "Very good, Lieutenant. Inform the Admiral that---"

"Already done, Captain," came the silky voice of Thrawn.

Pellaeon sighed. "Of course it has been. Where's General Covell?"

"Giving Major Himron a last minute briefing, Captain," replied Thrawn. The glowing red eyes surveyed Pellaeon. "You still don't believe these men will be able to do the job, Captain?"

Pellaeon attempted to hide a grimace. He didn't think he succeeded very well. "No, Admiral, I do not. With the exception of the Major, the squad leader, and possibly the Fett-clones, it seems as if the unit was formed to give us a dumping place for the dregs of our military."

Thrawn's eyes hardened. "The Marines are offered more latitude in areas of discipline, Captain. Such are the concessions we must make for elite troops."

The Captain would have none of it. "Admiral, with all due respect, they act like civilians with costumes rather than soldiers."

Thrawn looked askance at what Pellaeon had assumed was a shadow. With a start, he realized it was the Admiral's Noghri bodyguard, Rukh. "Believe me, Captain," the Admiral said in a soft, dangerous voice, "soldiers of that disposition did attempt to join. And Rukh soon weeded them out."

Pellaeon gulped. He could only imagine the kind of lessons the Noghri bodyguard would offer. "Very well, Admiral, but I'd like to ask a favor."

"And that is..."

"To---" Pellaeon hesitated. "To accompany the Marines down to the planet. And make sure they do their job."

Thrawn looked at Pellaeon, and did something the Captain had never seen him do before. He laughed. "A bold request, Captain," said the Admiral. "Very well. You may appoint a temporary captain for the Chimeara at your discretion."

Thus saying, the Admiral left the bridge.

When Pellaeon found the Marines belowdecks, Sergeant Apone was carrying out an ancient ritual that harkened back to the first armed forces: the pre-mission pep talk.

"Alright, sweethearts," the Socorrian NCO was saying. "We're a team, and there's nothing to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some. Is that understood?"

The soldiers chorused, "Yes Sir!"

"That's what we gonna do, sweethearts, we are gonna go and get some. Alright people, on the ready line! Are ya lean?"

Once more, the soldiers barked, "Yeah!"

"Are ya mean?!"

"Yeah!"

"What're you?"

"Lean mean Marines!"

"What're you?!"

"Lean mean Marines!"

"Alright, then, let's go!"

Thus saying, the horde of psyched up, battle ready soldiers charged for the exit to the ready room, and came to an abrupt halt when they saw Pellaeon.

"Sir!" barked Apone, snapping to attention. "I wasn't aware you'd be seeing us off, Sir."

"I'm not," replied Pellaeon. "I'm coming on this op."

"Aw, great," came the voice of the Marine named Hudson. "First that weak-chinned academy wonder, and now a squid. Just how much worse can things get?"

Apone swivelled to face the loudmouth. "You secure that now, Hudson!" He looked at Pellaeon. "Have you informed the Major."

Molo Himron stepped out from behind Pellaeon. "Yes, he has. Come on, Sergeant. Let's get to the dropship."

The Marine's dropship, a battered Sentinel-class landing craft, was being loaded with an APC when the Marines entered the landing bay. The round-faced Lieutenant Gorman, supervising the procedure, looked at Himron. "We going down in the dropship or the APC, Sir?"

"The APC," replied the Major, seeming not at all concerned that his second-in-command was plainly overestimating the Marines' abilities. "Let's load it up."

The Marines lined up next to the APC. The repulsorlift-equipped APC was an angular vessel, with two turret cannons on prongs f

10. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Awesomesause.

Great detail. Keep up the good work!

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Good to hear Pellaeon came along. This should be most interesting.

Though handing this bunch baradium missiles has me lightly terrified. [face_worried]

12. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I have read all of the chapter entrees here, and I have to say, awsome job! I love the Aliens franchise, and to see it crossed with Star Wars is pure awsomesauce :D

Please, please put me on your PM list! [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.