main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Helllooooo....anybody out there?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Simian, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Simian

Darth_Simian Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    Okay. Advance tickets have been available for a few days now. This board has been quiet, which is pretty par-for-the-course usually, but since we're coming down the final stretch before AOTC is released...I would hope some folks might be excited just enough to post a variation on the "I JUST GOT MY TICKETS!!!!" story.

But, alas, silence. Well, I'm happy to say that I bought my tickets yesterday for the midnight showing at the Cinemark Legacy down in Plano, TX. Yes, Lord willing, I will be making the 3-hour trek to see AOTC in all of it's DLP glory.

Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's foolhearty. But hey, it's STAR WARS! I suppose I could have bought tix for the midnight showing at the AMC at Quail...but, how many times will I get the opportunity to see a film SHOT digitally to be presented digitally? And how many opportunities will I have to see a brand spankin' new STAR WARS movie on it's very FIRST showing...surrounded by my fellow SW fanatics?

Not many, I dare say. So, I'll see you truly opportunistic SW fans at the Legacy next week.

-Darth Simian

2. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Damn, have a good trip down to Texas. Drive safely and everything.
    And indeed it is pretty dead around here considering how close it is to the movie coming out and all. Where is everyone?
    I don't think that more than a few went to celebration II.

3. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    My crew and I will be making a special trip down to Plano sometime soon after the release.

Oh, and WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I gots my midnight tickets!!!! :)

4. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I've been wondering where everyone was at. I figured everyone went into a bliss coma from coming into direct contact with Episode 2 tickets. I know I almost did.

5. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Well, my life is very busy at the moment. These next 3 weeks will be very hectic for me. I'll be spending a lot more time here pnce school is out.

My ticket story is a very complicated one, but let's just say that I DO have my ticket, and I have 3 friends going with me.

So, what time is everybody planning to get there? I'd like to be there a few hours early to get to talk to everybody and to ensure getting a good seat. I'm thinking around 7:00 or 8:00 or so.

And one more thing: is anyone else going to come in costume? I'll be a Jedi for sure, and maybe if I can whip up the costume before then, Anakin Skywalker. But we'll see. :)

6. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Don't have my tickets yet, but hopefully I will soon, as long as I can scrape together the $$$$.

7. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Me and my brother have tickets for 11:45 AM at Quall Springs on the 16th and will be going with a larger group of friends that Friday night at Regal Crossroads.

8. darthshod

darthshod Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 1999
    Darth_Simian,

I have a HDTV, if its better than what I see at home you will never want to leave the theater.

Kevin

9. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Hello, Old-Master here from the DFW-FF. We welcome you to your line, and hope that the visit and the movie is worth the drive. I am original from Oklahoma, Ponca City actually. My brother went to OU and was part of the PI kappa Alpha frat. Nice to have a homeworlder among these Texans!
    old-master has spoken...

10. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    I haven't had a chance to reply to lots of messages or even concentrate on SW right now, but that will soon be over. I can not attend the 12:00 AM showing on Tuesday night because I have two finals on Wednesday at 8:00 am and 10:00am. And even though Star Wars is a passsion of mine school is on top of my priorities for that day. I will definately be seeing it after school on Wednesday though.

Nightsun

11. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    ok nightsun the movie does not come out tell wendsday night at midnight of thursday so you can still make the midnight show

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Hey there, old-master! I'm really a Texan, born in Arlington. :D Thanks for dropping by!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.