main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hello- A nice, depressing fic just in time for Valentine's Day!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Boba_Fett_123, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    This space should say that I don't own Star Wars, blah blah blah.

It also says I don't own Evanescence, thought I suppose that would be cool. "Hello" is track 9 on Evanescence: Fallen. Go buy it now! Or, download it at RealPlayer's Music Store. Kazaa is all good, but you'll feel bad later.

Hello

'Playground school bell rings
    'Again'

Lorena runs to her teacher, now that recess is over. She is in second grade, enrolled in Coruscant District Seven elementary school. The old Jedi Temple is being rebuilt, three blocks away from the school building. It has been six years since the fall of the Empire. The New Republic is struggling to survive.

She sits through class, waiting patiently to go outside for PE. She does wll in school, but second grade really isn't all that hard, is it? She's an unfocused, happy little eight-year-old.

'Rain clouds come to play
    'Again'

The sky becomes grey outside, and PE is cancelled. As a matter of fact, school is cancelled, and the children get to go home early. The teachers call the parents, who come to pick up the students.

Lorena runs outside, happy to be leaving. Off in the distance, stormtroopers. The Imperial Remnant is engaging the weak New Republic Defense Force.

The fighting gets messy, and stray blaster bolts find their way into the playground. The teachers cry to their students, calling them, getting them out of the way. Too late.

One of the strays finds Lorena's chest, piercing it. Her small heart gives out, her tiny lungs collapse, one punctured. She gasps futilely for air. Her father rushes to her side, crying, holding her, pleading to whatever god he can that she be alive.

'Has no one told you she's not breathing?
    'Hello
    'I'm in your mind
    'Giving you someone to talk to
    'Hello'

Life at home becomes a painful experience. Single father tries to continue, to move on, to cover with false hope.

'If I smile and don't
    'Believe
    'Soon I know I'll wake
    'From this dream'

He searches for help, fights the despair. His doctors try, but something in him refuses to listen.

'Don't try to fix me I'm not broken
    'Hello
    'I am the lie
    'Living for you so
    'You can hide
    'Don't cry'

The father enters a downward spiral. His life has been deprived of all he loved. The holocomm rings.

Lorena is calling.

'Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping!
    'Hello, I'm still here
    'All that's left of
    'Yesterday'

Lorena stands with her mother at her father's funeral. He was killed when a stormtrooper's blaster went awry and lanced into the playground. He was hit while trying to save his daughter.

END

2. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
  3. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Aw. That was so sad. :( Her father was very heroic though. He knew what life without his daughter would be like so he deided that his life was worth it to save her. Great job. :)

4. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Thank you very much. I actually think this is my best work to date, but it obviously still leaves room for improvement. It's nice to see the positive feedback, though. Thanks again. :D

5. GirlOfFaith

GirlOfFaith Jedi Master

Mar 16, 2003
    Very good. sad, though.

That's ok... I like sad.

just wanted to pop in to say nice work and keep it up! i look forward to seeing more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.