main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello all. Excited to be here.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by yodafan1031, Apr 15, 2014.

1. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I've been a long time lurker of theforce.net. I also love listening to the podcasts. Why it never dawned on me to join the forum here is beyond me...but I'm here now and glad to be.

My love of Star Wars goes back to, I'd say the early 90's. I had seen, of course, the movies on TV from time to time. But for some reason my fandom really kicked in then. I thought it was great when the Special editions were released. Maybe I was too young at the time (teens) to care about all the "Han shot first" and similar trashings of them. Maybe I was just unaware of the problems completely. I just thought having more SW was awesome.

Then came time for TPM. I was so pumped! My girlfriend (now wife) and I went to see it in its first week (don't know why, but I've never been a midnight release kinda person) and I loved it too. I didn't think about the things that would later come to disappoint and annoy me. I was just so excited to see more Jedi, more Yoda, more...just more!

Then I let some reviews and discussions with friends taint my view of the PT. I allowed my original excitement to be clouded by the Dark Side (ok, maybe just people who had expectations that were impossible). I then, even though I still watched them, came to despise the PT.

Come to now. I have now had the chance to read many novels from the Clone Wars Era. I have had a chance to re-think all the arguments. I have also started watching the Clone Wars animated series. I have a love again for the PT.

I think the more complex story is actually a plus. I think that, even though Jar Jar annoys the crap out of me, that it's only because he embodies (I think purposefully) the penchant many people have (myself most of all) for getting in their own way. I think that learning about midichlorians gave people wanting to learn more about the Force an answer they didn't want (the whole, explain this...I don't like that explanation).

I now, even though I love the EU, can't wait for Ep. VII. And I'm really glad to be here.

Pensivia and Frank T. like this.
  2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Welcome, yodafan! Glad to hear you've come around again on the PT - I love all of the films and really don't get a lot of the PT hate out there in the world.

EDIT: You should also check out the Official Yoda Fanclub on the Star Wars Community board. Enjoy!

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! We're glad you found us and decided to join up :)

You should totally check out the Prequel Trilogy forum!

4. yodafan1031

Apr 15, 2014
    Hey, thanks for the welcomes! I'll definitely check out the suggestions made. Yoda fan club sounds like a winner for sure. I don't have a lot of time to get on here right now...but soon will. Looking forward to being able to explore a little more.

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    love the way you put that, yodafan.:p you'll fit in great around here:)

6. yodafan1031

Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks!