main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Hello all, I'm new =D

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Obiwancloneme, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obiwancloneme

Obiwancloneme Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Hey hows it going GR im in kalamazoo! Seems you all are the closest to me i thought id say hello!!

I've just finished my outer tunic to an obiwan ep1-2 costume WHEW what a headache(@ least one full blown headache erupted in the making of this garb).... but the reward is going to be far greater i think, when its all done. :)

Well i see you guys (and gals) have meetings, If i can make the time i'd love to come out and participate,if thats cool?

May The Force Be With ya!

2. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    we would be glad to have ya drop by...currently we are having attendance issues...*ehem* but jabba and myself are always there in costume. This sundays meeting (17th) we are trying it out in the food court of rivertown crossings mall. A little more spacious and we get more visiblity.

Starts at 6pm and goes to 9pm at latest..sometimes we wrap up earlier...feel free to swing by :)

3. Obiwancloneme

Feb 25, 2005
    I will, sounds cool!! tho i wont be in costume... just sent my boots to the the shop, getting em overhauled. :D should work out nicely.

btw how many ppl usualy show for the meetings?

And how are the run , i mean is there like an agenda you follow? old news, new news, upcoming events ect.

4. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Attendence varies from meeting to meeting, but we usaully get 3-8 people to show up. Since where still a fairly new chapter where not yet organize.

The next meeting will be on sunday april 17th @1:00pm-4:00pm? (not 6, since the mall will probly be closed by then...)

5. Obiwancloneme

Feb 25, 2005
    nice thats such a better time then sun evening, ya know :)

i'll be there, looking forward to meeting all of ya

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Welcome Obiwancloneme. :) I plan on seeing you at our April meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or any of the other FF members.

7. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hello and welcome "Obiwancloneme"
    ..... Crap I have Paintball on sunday .... :( and :) at the same time

8. Obiwancloneme

Feb 25, 2005
    Hey!! :)

Thanx bulter and count, PAINTBALL!!! :D never done it acually but looks like real fun ....almost got an air soft gun at one point, but dicided it might acually get me shot FOR REAL :( Those guns look so lifelike heh

9. skywalker_ranch

skywalker_ranch Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Hi all I'm new too. I just found this site a couple of weeks ago, but I've been a fan ever since that first wonderful movie back in '77.

10. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    welcome aboard!!! It would be great to see you at the meeting!

11. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hi, I am new here also. I finally decided to participate instead of sitting on the sideline. I have been a Star Wars fan since The Empire Strikes Back.

12. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Welcome!!! You should come to the meeting tomorrow at rivertown crossings mall, we'd love to see some new faces.

13. Obiwancloneme

Feb 25, 2005
    hey jabba,

where is rivertown at?
    whats the exit off of 131??

14. Obiwancloneme

Feb 25, 2005
    RiverTown Crossings
    3700 RiverTown Parkway
    Grandville, Michigan 49418

Is that The place ^^^???

15. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    that sounds bout right :) i all it the wonderbread mall...as its all lit up in red yellow and blue neon at the main entrance lol

16. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Wow, all these new people. Hello new people, I hope to someday meet you all, which may or may not happen with my summer hours. :p Unless y'all want to hold a party at the Holland Aquatic Centre. Bah, I'll have to try to make it out to stuff anyway. :) What kind of Sci-Fi/Fantasy hall resident would I be if I didn't?

17. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    If you're on northbound 131, go west on 44th Street for a couple miles. You can't miss it. If you hit I-196 you've gone too far, the mall is right before that, but like I said, you can't miss it. ;)

18. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Dude, that was about two weeks too slow there.... :p

Now all you need to do is come to the next meeting

EDIT: I'm just giving you a hard time by the way, hope to see you at the next meeting if you dont kill me! :p

19. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    ~1.5 weeks, thank you very much. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.