main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello All :)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by NabooNomad, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NabooNomad

NabooNomad Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2014
    Hi all, I'm NabooNomad typing all the way from jolly ol' England.

I've been a HUGE SW fan for many years and have lurked around these boards for sometime reading fanfics, now thinking about dabbling in writing my own.

Looking forward to actually being a part of the boards :)

NN ~

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, Nomad. :) What do you like to read? What are you considering writing?

3. NabooNomad

Dec 29, 2014

I'm a big fan of AU Skywalker stories prequel, sequel and beyond timelines, although I do try to read a variety :)

If I did try to write anything it would probably be something along those lines, as those are the stories I know best, how about you?

NN ~

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you for responding. Cushy enjoys non-Skywalker redemption tales. Particularly for Dooku, I like seeing Jedi Dooku as well. AUs and h/c is what I tend to read.

Cushy debating on attempting a Tarkin redemption fic as yet I have never seen a completed one. In my experience most writers make him worse than he is in SW which I don't like.

5. NabooNomad

Dec 29, 2014
    That's no problem.

I must admit I quite enjoy a Skywalker redemption story - possibly because there are so many different takes on the subject.

I haven't come across a lot of Dooku-central fics but I think a take on his time as a Jedi would be a good read!

Ah yes Tarkin does have a bad rep doesn't he - interesting concept of a redemption fic involving him though

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I find Anakin hard to read and thus to relate to.

There aren't many and most Dooku fics don't have much length which is a shame but a few do.

*Nods* He does. It seems all many see is Alderaan which I find quite sad and frustrating. Thanks. :)

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    hello hope you love it as much as I.

8. NabooNomad

Dec 29, 2014
    I suppose that's the fun of writing fan fiction though, taking a character and making them believable with your own ideas even when they've already been set to a certain standard (if that makes sense)

I think that's why I enjoy AU, exploring different possible sides to characters.

Hi Jedi Knight Fett :) it does look like a lot of fun getting involved in the boards, I think I'll enjoy :)

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Tarkin doesn't have a standard there's very little we see and in my experience many don't see what is there. *Shrugs* Glad you like fanfics. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello and welcome. Redemption themed stories are fantastic because that's such a hopeful/positive outcome. It's terrific to explore the individuals who even unknown to themselves help a person along the path to redemption. [face_thinking]

11. NabooNomad

Dec 29, 2014
    Hi Nyota's Heart, thank you :) yeah my thoughts exactly! It gives you a chance to explore lots of different characters too and coming up with all sorts of scenario's that can lead to a redemption, its consequences etc. it's definitely a favourite theme of mine :)

I might even attempt one of my own one day!

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome NabooNomad! :)

I think you have the right view on FanFic writings: The chance to let experience a character more than one characterline and make it what you want.

So, good luck in your first FanFic! You'll have a brilliant time while thinking of your story. I'm sure. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)