Hello. . . And who might you be?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by greencat336, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, I mangled Lando's famous line to Leia (forgive me) but I figured that since there were new people arriving all the time and the old 'getting to know you threads' were very very long and a bit old, I'd start a brand new, fresh introduce yourself thread.

:D

Name: Greencat336 aka Jedi Master Aunris Renka aka Chris

Age: old enough to know better ;) (33 Earth Standard years)

Association: Jedi

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Han Solo

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Qui-Gon Jinn

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Quinlin Vos

Favorite SW movie: A New Hope

Favorite Quote: Han: How are we doing?
    Luke: Same as always.
    Han: That bad, huh.

Who are you most like in the SW universe: I'd LIKE to be someone like Qui-Gon, but I'm probably closer to being Jocosta Nu. Sigh.

Star War related interests: EU -- mostly prequel era comics and books, fanfic, chatting with my fellow fantics, casual collector

Non SW interests: Reading (scifi/fantasy and history), spending time with my nephews and niece, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Misc. stuff: My padawan is Stina-Cri. She is smarter than Obi-Wan because she knows to put up her hood BEFORE going out into the rain.
  2. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    Name: DarthDahc, Chad, Dahc Rakilly

Association: Sith

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Darth Vader

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Darth Maul

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Lorn Paven
    Favorite SW movie: AOTC

Favorite Quote: Vader: "Only Your hatred can destroy me!"

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Darth Vader, I can be changed but, you'd have to do something or hurt somethign very close to me

Star War related interests: I love the costumes, I am a pretty good seamstress, might I add

Non SW interests: Punk Music, action figures

Misc. stuff: I have a belly button
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Name: Rox aka Terry aka Your worst nightmare! [face_devil]

Association: New Republic

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Wedge Antilles

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Kit Fisto

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Jacen Solo

Favorite SW movie: Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Quote: "I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me here."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Wedge, he's quiet but people respect him.

Star War related interests: EU, the NJO. The TCG and FanArt.

Non SW interests: Reading, drawing, the occasional math problem and other everyday crap that comes along.

Misc. stuff: I like stuff.
  4. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Saberpilot, aka Whitney Robinson, aka Jayde Kindra..

Association: Jedi, X-wing pilot

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Leia

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Yoda, ANIKINS!!! Padme!

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Hmm.. JAINA SOLO! Mara Jade, Corran Horn.

Favorite SW movie: Return of the Jedi

Favorite Quote: "I got a bad feeling about this."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Jaina Solo. Period. ^_~

Star War related interests: I'm a bookie.. I love SW novels, especially post-ROTJ. ^_^ I also enjoy rping.

Non SW interests: Reading sci-fi, helping out in church (when I can), drama club, chorus, and the million other clubs I belong to..

Misc. stuff: Mrs. Jedi_1966, Carrie, is my master. And she rocks.. and.. OH! Have I mentioned how much I love my anikins?? ^_^
  5. Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Name: Crimson Knight aka Joe aka Captain Jorn Arkael

Association: Imperial (Imperial Guard/TIE pilot)
    Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Darth Vader / Imperial Guards

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Darth Maul / Yoda

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Grand Admiral Thrawn / Baron Soontir Fel

Favorite SW movie: The Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Quote: "Wipe them out....All of them."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: hmmm, not sure....have elements of a number of characters...

Star War related interests: costuming with the 501st Legion, some EU novels and comics (Zahn's books and Crimson Empire especially), anything Imperial, collecting, prop building, hanging out with fellow SW fans, and getting into fan fiction/roleplaying

Non SW interests: Movies, reading, history, travelling, music, sports (hockey and football especially), Ren Faires, wasting time online, etc.

Misc. stuff: Blasting Rebel scum :D

6. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Name: Anthony (Tony -to you guys-n-girls)Welling aka Jedi Knight Tarel Fenn

Assocation: Jedi Order

Favorite SW Character(s): Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker,Every Jedi (what a mix,huh?)

Favorite SW Movie: AOTC

Who are you in the SW Universe: Tarel Fenn

SW Interests: Prop/Costume Making,FFP,Reading & Researching,Collecting,FFP...

Non-SW Interests:My Family,Alt.Music,History
  7. Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Name: Lando Da Pimp a.k.a Joe Fulton

Association: Card player, gambler, and scoundrel. You would like me

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Jango Fett

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Don't read the books.

Favorite Quote: "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows?

Who are you most like in the SW universe: OB1 because when I am in a bar I want to get a drink too.

Star War related interests: I watch the movies. collect the figures that is about it. I would love to learn how to make a stormtrooper. Although somebody may say to me "Aren't you a little big to be a stormtropper?"

Non SW interests: Movies, Comics, Geek stuff, Beer, Jack Daniels, Hockey, Howard Stern

Misc. stuff: Hogies are the greatest. I am married to the greatest woman. She's as pretty as princess Leia and as smart as Yoda.
  8. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Jedi_Master_Sal AKA Sal. I haven't given myself a true SW name yet as I don't like my SW name as describe in the formula (first three letters of last name plus first two of first name to make FIRST name, then, first three of mom's maiden name and first two of city of birth for LAST name)

Association: Jedi,Council member; Emperor sometimes.....

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Hard to focus on one it is. Mace Windu my choice he is. Then Yoda.

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Favorite SW movie: A New Hope

Favorite Quote: I got a bad felling about this. (But really I quote so many so it doesn't really count)

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Yoda. I've been told that I am of the Unifiying side of the force and am sometimes much too serious.

Star War related interests: TOYS!!! also EU books, costuming, props, customizing SW toys as well, and schmoozing with my fellow fanhood

Non SW interests: Simpsons, Digimon, X-men (the movie), Lord of the Rings (Books first, then movies)

Misc. stuff: My padawan is Chris-Stacina_Rajinn. She is a kind and gentle Jedi who gives without any thought of reward.....where have I heard that before? ;)
  9. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Name: Brendon Wahlberg (in the EU: Bwahl the Hutt)

Association: Jedi Bendu of the Ashla

Favorite SW character from OT & PT: Palpatine

Favorite EU: Dark Empire

Favorite SW movie: (Tie) TESB & AOTC

Favorite Quotes: "There'll be no escape for the Princess this time." "Don't make me destroy you."

Star Wars related interests: Everything in the EU, old script drafts of SW, fan fiction, collecting.

Non SW interests: Books and comics (SF, epic fantasy, horror, and superheroes), Star Trek, Babylon 5, Simpsons, Peanuts, Elton John, Jethro Tull, History of Religion, Paleontology, Microbiology.

Misc. stuff: I have two great kids, and a wonderful fiancee. I work in a molecular biology lab on AIDS research.
  10. Mara-hari Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Mara-hari, aka Heidi, aka Jedi Knight Kandora Arahn

Association: Jedi Order (Old Republic)

Favorite SW Character(s) from OT: Han Solo

Favorite SW Character(s) from PT: Qui-Gon Jinn, Zam Wesell
    Favorite SW Character(s) from EU: Mara Jade

Favorite SW Movie: A New Hope - the first time I saw it, I was hooked and have been ever since.

Favorite Quote: "I've got a bad feeling about this" and "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie!"

Who you are most like in the SW universe: Hm...some hybrid of Mara Jade and Obi-Wan Kenobi if that makes any sense. ;)

SW related interests: Using Jedi Mind Tricks on the weak-minded ;), casual collecting - mostly the 12-inch figures (I've got my eye on 12' Zam at the moment), listening to the fantastic soundtracks (John Williams is a genius), Timothy Zahn's EU books, and costuming/prop building, which I just recently got into and find a lot of fun!

Non-SW interests: nature hikes, exercising, traveling, Tolkien (reading the Silmarillion at the moment), ancient history, biblical archeology, watching movies, sewing (just recently), 80's music, spending time with my family, wasting time on the internet.

Misc. Stuff: I'm a veterinarian working in a small animal practice in New Castle, PA.

11. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    Name: Noble Kale aka Tom

Association: Imperial (Royal Guard / Imperial Sovereign Protector)

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Luke Skywalker / Imperial Guards

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Darth Maul / Yoda

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Grand Admiral Thrawn / Kir Kanos

Favorite SW movie: The Empire Strikes Back (AOTC a close second)

Favorite Quote: "Strike me down and I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: hmmm, not sure....

Star War related interests: costuming with the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, collecting, prop building, hanging out with fellow SW fans

Non SW interests: Movies, history, computers, travelling, music (play Trombone in Community Band), sports (hockey and football), Ren Faires (attending and costuming), comics (especially Ghost Rider), Star Trek, Babylon 5

Misc. stuff: I am an Automation Engineer working in a Powder Metals plant near Johnstown, PA
  12. JediJasen Jedi Master

star 3
    Name: Jason Mullins

Association: Jedi of course.

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Artoo

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Mace and other new Jedi

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: The EU is baaaad, stay away from it. It clouds the mind.....anyway...I dont have one. :p

Favorite SW movie: RotJ but AotC is right under it now.

Favorite Quote: Theres just too many.

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Id like to be like Qui Gon :) , except without the thinking of the future part as he does. Other then that, I'd have to say...the Rancor Keeper... :(

Star War related interests: Just the movies: On the screen, behind the camera, the whole making of it, the art of Star Wars. Some books. Some Comics.

Non SW interests: Hmm. Drawing, Art, video games, movies etc, etc, etc.

Misc. stuff: I live in Brush Valley, but currently Im in Texas attending college.
  13. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Name: Tom Kness

Association: Jedi who was a Imperial Pilot who defected
    Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Wedge Antilles
    Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Yoda, Even Piell and Ki-Adi Mundi
    Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Corran Horn, Soontir and Jag Fel, Ulic Quel Droma
    Favorite SW movie: RotJ

Favorite Quote: "Fear is the path to the darkside, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering"
    Who are you most like in the SW universe: Corran Horn- a little arrogant and cocky but with a sense of duty and right/wrong

Star War related interests: Costumes props Models reading the EU

Non SW interests: Fighter pilot stories, modeling military aircraft, martial arts, MARVEl COMICS DA Comics, Novels, movies ('cept the Punisher one it bbaaadd) on ocassion the toys.
    Misc. stuff: I live in the middle of no where ville USA
  14. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    Name: Jedigirl514 a.k.a. Allie (i answer to it 'cause thats wat people called me my whole life, and my real name is Alexandra, which is too long, so just make something out of that!)

Association: Jedi Order (new Republic)

Favorite SW Character(s) from OT: Lando Clarissian

Favorite SW Character(s) from PT:
    Obi-Wan or Zam
    Favorite SW Character(s) from EU: Mara Jade or Tenel Ka or Teneniel Djo

Favorite SW Movie:if i HAD to choose? Return of the Jedi...

Favorite Quote:
    Han Solo: Chewie and I will check it out, you two stay here.
    Luke: Quietly. There may be more of them out there.
    Han Solo: Hey, it's me.

Who you are most like in the SW universe: prob....Jaina Solo

SW related interests: Collecting, reading, and freaking out my friends with my "knowlage"

Non-SW interests: HORSES and my friends and reading all (besides Star Wars) are the only things I love

Misc. Stuff: I live in Cranberry, go to school in the Clark building and i have no master :( ...tho Mrs_Jedi is looking into it! :)
  15. jedimaster chris Force Ghost

star 2
    Name: jedimaster chris aka Chris Watts

Association: Jedi Master (I wish)

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Luke Skywalker

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Obi Wan Kenobi

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Not sure.

Favorite SW movie: I can't choose

Favorite Quote: Obi Wan: "Oh....yes" (laugh)
    Luke: "But I was going to the Tashi Station to pick up some power converters."
    Lando: "Hello what have we here?"

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Luke, that is until I grew facial hair, now more like PT Obi Wan.

Star War related interests: Really big on the movies, i buy the memorbillia, love to read up on the behind the scenes stuff that goes into making the film.

Non SW interests: Filmmaking

Misc. stuff: I am a freshman film major at Point Park, I wish I could be at the meetings to consider myself a real member, but I have hardly any free time.
  16. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Name: ZeroCool69 aka Chris(don't have a Star Wars name yet. Still working on it)

Age: Old enough to know better, but young enough not to care [face_mischief] (really 20)

Association: Jedi. Or am I.....

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Yoda, Han Solo

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Hmmmm, the Solo Twins or Aayla Secura

Favorite SW movie: AOTC recently replaced ROTJ

Favorite Quote: "Good job."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Anakin from AOTC. Never really sure which side of the line he's walking on. Or Obi-Wan. Dry wit, sarcastic sense of humor.

Star War related interests: The films(of course), and after the IMAX weekend, I've gotten a new found interest in costumes

Non SW interests: Music, videogames, television

17. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Josh

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Han solo,Chewie,Yoda,Luke,Leia,and The Driods

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Yoda,Mace Windu,Obi-Wan kenobi,Anakin,Padme,and the Droids
    Favorite SW character(s) from EU:Luke,Mara,All 3 Solo Kids,Corran Horn,Tenal-Ka,Lowie,Kyp Durron

Favorite SW movie: tie:A New Hope and Attack Of The Clones

Favorite Quote: "Good Job.",and "This party's over!"
    Who are you most like in the SW universe:Kyp Durron

Star War related interests: All SW Books and Comics,Toy and other SW merchandice collecting. I have a rather nice Toy collection.
    Non SW interests: Reading (scifi/fantasy), Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Misc. stuff: I've read most of the SW books and some of The Buffy books.
  18. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: RebelDawn

Association: I'm not sure what to put here..?

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Anakin

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: That's hard, I like alot of 'em.

Favorite Quote: I'll think on this one, there's many that I like.

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Hmmm, Probably Leia. Cuz if I want something done, I gotta do it myself, lol.

Star War related interests: EU, chatting with other star wars fans.

Non SW interests: I like reading Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jame Patterson. Hanging with my kids. NASCAR.

Misc. stuff: um...I too like stuff. :D
  19. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Association means which group in the SW universe would you assoicate yourself with. Jedi (old Republic or New Jedi Order), Imperials, Sith, Rebels, Gungans . . .
  20. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, Ok, Thanks for the clarification, greencat336 :)

I guess I would pick Rebels then.

RebelDawn
  21. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey guys, it's been awhile since I visited this site, even longer since I've posted. I'll try to get back into it, I've just been busy with work and such. I'm glad to see the population is growning! Since I don't think that anyone knows me, I'd figure to post here first.

Name: Dave

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Luke, Boba Fett, Vader, Wicket, Wedge, Han, Lando (I could go on and on...)

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Yoda, Dex, Mace, Qui-Gon, Obi-One, Kit Fisto, Padme, Anakin (agian, I could on and on...)

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Mara Jade

Favorite Quote: "I think that you can't let a gorgeous guy like me out of your site!"

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Not sure, probably Luke, with my luck, in tring to get with a chick, only to find out after she kissed me that she's my sister! Dooh! LOL!!! I'd probably be a cross between Anakin and Luke, where as I'm always battling inner conflicts with my conscious, but I won't turn to the Dark side.

Star War related interests: The movies (duh), Figure collecting (haven't bought any in awhile, and still looking for a good bargin for the Saga Luke and Vader Bespin). Not really into EU, but I do know alittle about it. I also love fan films, especially The Dark Redemption and Troops.

Non SW interests: Well, I love music. I'm one of the DrumLine instructors of a local high school marching band. I also am in two music groups, The East Winds Symphonic Band (percussion section, we practice once a week and have performances throught the area about 6-8 times a year) and a Christian group (drummer. we play more modern, upbeat music, as apposed to slow traditional stuff, and we have a service the first thursday of each month called FIRSTthursday). You see a patern there?

Misc. stuff: I work for a company in the Steel industry (imagine that... a steel company in Pittsburgh) in their IT department, which means I also love computer stuff.
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome, is their IT department hiring?
  23. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Master

star 1
    Sorry, Fluke, we are not. There are only 2½ of us in our department (downsized from 6 people two years ago due to the company's down sizing and our position with the ever evolving steel industry's woes). Trust me, you wouldn't want to work here anyway...
  24. Darth_Gohan Jedi Master

star 1
    Name: Darth Gohan aka Gride Clinat aka Dean Griffith

Association: Sith

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Vader

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Tyranus

Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Dash Rendar

Favorite SW movie: Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Quote: "It is you who are mistaken... about a great many things..."

Who are you most like in the SW universe: Admiral Peit, even though he aint the most shining star you still know he rules

Star War related interests: the movies, trivia, comics, dressing up, kendo

Non SW interests: girls :)... uh reading fantasy, video games, god

Misc. stuff: i once got dumped becasue i told my ex girlfriend that i would rather let her die than miss the the episodes 1 through 3
  25. Spacecowboykenobi Jedi Padawan

Name: SpacecowboyKenobi AKA Tom Ingoldsby

Association: Jedi Knight

Favorite SW character(s) from OT: Darth Vader

Favorite SW character(s) from PT: Anakin Skywalker
    Favorite SW character(s) from EU: Dont know
    Favorite SW movie: ESB

Favorite Quote: Anakin from AOTC: "I killed them all, not just the men, But the women and the children, they are like animals and I slaughtered them like Animals!"

Who are you most like in the SW universe: I think Anakin.. but that might be because I like him.

Star War related interests: Lightsaber fighting with Darth Gohan In school.

Non SW interests: Videogames, Girl..( No S just one girl)

Misc. stuff: I resemble Anakin (Hayden Christinson) from AOTC.. A little.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.