1. Happy Christmastime, WNU!

Hello another noob howdy

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Oocleenee, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. Oocleenee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hi, I posted in the Northeast forum already in the Maine forum. I am 37 and have made a few winded posts here already but have not officially introduced myself.

I will try to be brief and round off the corners etc.

i am 37 almost 38 in July, saw the films in theaters way too many times when they were out, i lived up the street from a theater and blew my allowance there. I saw many films there not just star wars but star wars played every saturday at 1pm for a whole dollar. I would also see the second showing after that as well for another crisp dollar. i was a 10 year old kid in 78 and got a kiddie discount, lucky me.

I did not see the first showings of star wars in 77, it took a while to get a regular theater run going in Maine at this theater.

The rest of the films including the prequels though I saw the very first midnight showings and all that.

I have the VHS tapes, the dvd box from 2004 which I love, they redid a few things that were bad in the 1997 SE which honestly were not very well done technology wise. they got it roght in 04 in my opinion.

i collect toys and model kits about star wars which is perceived as strange by people who "do not understand" star wars and our passion for it. My daughter thinks it is cute.

I guess that is all, for an intro. So hello!

2. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    Hello and welcome to the boards. My birthday is in July also. Enjoy yourself and hope to see you around.
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome aboard, Oocleenee! :)

This was a nice introduction. When I did my intro thread on these boards I didn't know what I should say and kept it quite short, maybe three or four lines. ;)

You said you like collecting, maybe this board is interesting for you, too. :)

I hope you enjoy your stay and that you stay a bit at WNU. :)

See you around. :D
  4. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Welcome Oocleenee:D
    If you really like collecting, we even got a board for thathere.
    Or come over and join us at the newbie party.
    If you have any questions, just ask us, we (usually) don't bite.;)
  5. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hello, and welcome to the boards, Oocleenee!
  6. Oocleenee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well thanks for the welcome and posting the collecting links. I've yet to snoop around the entire Fanforce dot net forums.
  7. WEEBACCA Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello and welcome to the boards! :)
  8. DarkSavior Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello,

Allow me to extend my welcome. From one newbie to another newbie allow me to welcome you, I hope that you enjoy this board as much as i have in the past *thinks* four hours. I enjoy it here so far.
  9. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    Hello and welcome to boards Oocleenee!!!! :) hope you enjoy it here!!!! :)
  10. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    FanForce (FF) is a great place to stay. Have you found your local FF already? Or can we help you? :)
  11. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Oocleenee! Welcome to the boards :) like Skiara said, you wrote a really nice intro to yourself! in case you get lost, here's your exemplaire of the map to the JC; keep it close, you might need it... ;)
  12. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome to the boards!

Feel free to hang out here in Welcome New Users for as long as you'd like, we have a lot of social threads and other fun threads. You can help yourself find all the threads here by checking out the Index. Don't be shy to explore, this place is huge! Enjoy your stay!
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.