main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello! Decided to join after the Celebration!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lord_Hengill, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Hengill

Lord_Hengill Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2007
    Hello everyone! :)

I am Magnus from Iceland, a StarWars fan since birth. I went to as many SW conventions as I was able to go to, but none of them was as good as the Celebration Europe. I returned back home yesterday, becouse I could not miss the opportunnity to explore England while I was down there already. ;-)

I am registered at the SW.COM the official site, have not participated in any other fan communities before, but I got indeed intrigued by the FanForce during my time at the Celebration Europe.

First of all I would like to thank to the people that gave me the FanForce leafled and were very kind to tell me more about TheForce.Net and FanForce in general. :) I remembered one ff name for it was from Lord of the Rings. At the table there were lots of people, but this really helpful and kind girl was Amon Amarth. Long hair, spectacles. I rember a two guys there as well, one whom I cannot remember the name in full, Kozmos-something, almost-bald with blue jacket and another one who was deep in discussion with a few costumed persons. He has bushy hair and had spectacles as well.
    I would be grateful if you could help me contact some of them, if you know who they are, by my rather poor description.

I would also require some help, if possible, in finding a place to discuss the novels of StarWars and collecting the vessels and vehicles figurines. :)

2. Lord_Hengill

Jul 23, 2007
    P.S. I am a huge fan of the "Shadows of the Empire". :)

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Haha, welcome! Good to know our little table got people interested :p The one wish bushy hair and glasses might be me, actually... :p I was on the table with Amon, but I can't remember Cozmic being around at that time. Oh well, my memory sucks anyway :p My picture's in my profile if you want confirmation :p

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hello and welcome to JC forums of theforce.net, also the home of the FanForce. :D

I am Heda (Amon_Amarth) and yes, I was at the FF table in Saturday and Sunday. :) I'm glad that you've decided to join us. I'm even more glad to see the results of our sitting at the table. :D

Which day did you see us at the table? I don't see a pic in your profile, can tell us how you look like, please? Because, we have seen a lot of people there, especially on Saturday...

I just checked, there is no Iceland FanForce chapter, but what do you know?!? You may play an important role in creating it. ;)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    One from the CE?! That's great! Cool! :D

Welcome on the boards, Lord_Hengill! :)

If you like to meet more people from the Celebration Euroe (CE), we are chatting at the CE board at the moment. It would be nice, if you join us there. :)

And don't hesitate to ask us, if you have any questions. May it about the FanForce (FF) or the boards in general. :)

Enjoy your stay! :D

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to Fan Force Lord_Hengill :cool: :D
    Hmmm, person with glasses could be me, not sure about bushy hair though :p I know I chatted to as many people as I could who walked up to the table and were interested.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Welcome to the boards! Be sure to check out our Literature and Collecting forums, as well as the CE forum linked above.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I can help you with this. :)

Books:
    Sci-Fi and Fantasy Board
    The Amphitheatre

Collecting:
    Collecting

9. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    That would be me lol :p Hi welcome to the boards, Hengill [face_peace] Hope you enjoy your time here on the boards and with the FanForce.

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Nice to see people coming in from the Celebration conventions. :D

Welcome to the boards my friend! Have fun digging into the wealth of wonders around here.

As LAJ already said, be sure to check out the Literature forum. It definitely sounds like a place in which you could enjoy yourself in.

11. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    Welcoem to the boards!:)

Have fun around and enjoy yourself.
    I would say the others said enough, if you are interested in the EU besides SotE check out the EU Community.

12. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Hi there - great to see someone who found us via the FF table at Celebration!! :D

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here - just follow the links posted above and you'll have tons of fun :)

13. Lord_Hengill

Jul 23, 2007
    Hello again, everybody! :) I thank you all for so warm a welcome; more that I had hoped for. :) It is nice to meet you all.

The one wish bushy hair and glasses might be me, actually... I was on the table with Amon, but I can't remember Cozmic being around at that time. Oh well, my memory sucks anyway My picture's in my profile if you want confirmation

Cobranaconda, I had a look at your profile picture, I'm still not very sure if it was you. It is simmilar, but the person on the table had a little different haircut, spectacles as I have mentioned and he looked older.

Which day did you see us at the table? I don't see a pic in your profile, can tell us how you look like, please? Because, we have seen a lot of people there, especially on Saturday...

Amon_Amarth, I was there on all three days but the day I came to the table of the FanForce was Saturday. It is nice to meet you again, here, and thank you for giving me the leaflet and explaining what this place really is because now I am really glad I have joined. These boards are very interesting and the people here are very nice from what I have seen so far.

There were many people there, the whole area of the FanForce was crowdy, so I don't blame anyone for not remembering. I am 1.77 tall, almost shoulder-lenght blond hair, square spectacles. I had a black T-shirt with Yoda's picture on it.
    I would post my picture, but i do not have one in digital form, so that I could actually upload it on the internet. :-(

Hmmm, person with glasses could be me, not sure about bushy hair though I know I chatted to as many people as I could who walked up to the table and were interested.

timbolton, I looked into your profile, but I am afraid that picture I saw in Cobranaconda's profila resembles more the person that I saw more than yours. I did see you, if I am not mistaken, at the Fan section of ExCel, near the place the Mustafar Battle was held, talking on a microphone. Didn't have the time to see what it was about, though.

That would be me lol. Hi welcome to the boards, Hengill. Hope you enjoy your time here on the boards and with the FanForce.

ForceGhostOfCosmic, it is evry nice to meet you again, on the boards this time. :)

And thank you all for the links you gave me. :)

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Probably because the picture from my profile was taken in 2005, and I'm too lazy to update it :p

[image=http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v107/175/39/788515407/n788515407_822419_6636.jpg]

One from CE itself :p (I'm on the right, if you hadn't guessed :p )

But, yeah. I can't remember any other bushy haired FFers... :p

15. Lord_Hengill

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes, now I am pretty sure it was you. Nice to meet you. :)

The person in the middle looks quite familliar to me as well. If my memory serves me right, I think I was sitting next to him at one of the presentations in the Platinum Room. But I am not entirely sure...

16. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, that's John. jac37a is his username on the forums.

But yeah, now I just need to remember back that far so I can remember you. My memory is useless, especially on Saturday. Anchorhead blew my memory away by owning so much :p

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome to the boards, nice to see some more Nordic people around here! (I'm a Swede myself). Too bad that there is no Iceland chapter, but if you want to create one just contact me and I can help you out, that's my responsibility around here.

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

That was most probably the FanForce presentation. :)

19. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Agreed!! :D

20. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Wow, Celebration! :D I really wanted to come, but getting days of work was more dificult than I hoped it would be. :( Still is nice to see people from there found their way to this nice place. Welcome Lord Hengill. :9 So, Iceland? I always wanted to go there. :)

21. Lord_Hengill

Jul 23, 2007
    KotOR_girl, Iceland is beautiful. You would no doubt enjoy it. I took my uswernames from one of our many volcanoes. :)

Amon_Amarth, I don't think I have seen the presentation of the FanForce at the Celebration Europe Schedule.

Obi Anne & Qui-Gina-Jinn, it is good to meet northern "neighbours" here. :)

Cobranaconda, were you at the Battle Of The Bands as well? The event was amazing, Anchorhead were the best! :D I am now sorry that Security made us leave so soon after the end of the show for I was hoping to look for the bands album and also perhaps albums of the other bands that were in the Cantina Contest but did not make it for the finale.

22. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    [image=http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v107/175/39/788515407/n788515407_822330_5756.jpg]

:p

We stayed behind and mind-tricked the security guards so we could talk to the band and get the photo taken. They don't have an album out yet, which is annoying. Licensing issues, and stuff. The Stormtrooper Guitarist posts here too, under the name of DARKSHREDI :p

23. Lord_Hengill

Jul 23, 2007
    I listened to their work on Myspace today, they're awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.