main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Hello everybody

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DARTH_DRACONIS, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_DRACONIS

DARTH_DRACONIS Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Hi, I'm hailing from Morgantown/Fairmont area and wanted to know what this was about.
    I also have a question if any of you mioght be able to answer it. What are Stormtroopers are they clones or what? There is plenty of evidence to in either direction, but if any of you have a better understanding or educated guess, I'm all ears.

2. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    It's a little known fact in the star wars universe but all stormtroopers are wookies..... =)

3. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    In the beginning, as in immediately after Episode 3, the stormtroopers/clone troopers were exclusively clones. As the Empire grew over the course of time leading up to Episode 4, the Emperor continued the use of clones, but also recruited and conscripted soldiers from planets in the Empire. These recruits and conscripts would attend the Imperial Academy. (Han Solo was a recruit there for a time) That would be the Academy Luke wanted to leave Tatooine to attend. As the Empire became more and more obviously evil many of the non-clone recruits defected,(example: Biggs Darklighter), and fought for the Alliance.

I can't site my source material, since I'm typing this from work. But I believe this to be correct from my readings of the Star Wars Universe.

Of, course it all still made up...

Zoomer

4. DARTH_DRACONIS

May 23, 2005
    It just does not make snece to me. When you have almost limitless clones, which bew in large would be considered slaves and give them up for the less willing and less able conscripts. With the other branhes I can see a better chance but not say withthe Stormtroopers who are the epitome of loyalty. Oh! I just thought of this, The clones that Luke runs into in the Thrawn series. Well, are theyclones like from the original batch or something else.

5. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    I havent read the story where it happened, but at some point im thinking something happens to Kamino, because the clones from the trilogy era time period that remain have come from what were caled Spaarti cylinders, and there was no mention of the Kamino cloners, or indeed even Kamino itself in any of the later books I have read. I have very nearly all of the book series, and have read them a fair amount, and am only missing a couple books from the newer series. The clones Luke and Mara run in to were created by Thrawn using the Emporer's personal batch of Spaarti cylinders. Thrawn also kept one in which he grew a clone of himself. Unfortunately for Thrawn it was killed before it could awaken.

6. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Wraith... you're right. I have all those books too and I was just skimming through but couldn't find it. The Emperor also had some sort of mountain where he had his cloning chambers hidden. I can't remember the name of it of the planet now. Something happened to the mountain in one of the books.

Zoomer

7. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    I think the name was wayland. It happened in The Last Command by Timothy Zahn. I believe it was destroyed, although there is mention of some of the Noghri moving in and guarding the mountain even once it was demolished, as it was sort of a treasure cove for the Emporer.

8. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Having only read some of the books in the EU, is the future of Kamino documented? If so which book(s)?

9. DARTH_DRACONIS

May 23, 2005
    What does EU stand for?
    As far as Kamino, while playing SW Battlefront there is a battle that happens on the planet. I think during the TV mini series that Lucas is putting together he might touch on this. I heard that the cloneing facility was attacked by the CIS. So maybe they destroy the facility? If this happened thaen it would make a lot more sence why Palpatine would speed up the use of directive 66, it would also explain why later they would need to conscript since clone could no longer be made.

10. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    EU stands for Expanded Universe (books, games, etc.)

11. DARTH_DRACONIS

May 23, 2005
    OH! Thanks, that makes things much more clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.