Hi Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dannik Jerriko, Sep 13, 2017.

Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara
  1. Dannik Jerriko Jedi Youngling

I've been a Star Wars fan from childhood (now in my mid 30s). My first exposure to the galaxy far, far away was watching the original trilogy on TV and VHS. I soon discovered the novels and, over the years, I've read a decent chunk of the old EU (Shatterpoint, Darth Plagueis and the Heir to the Empire trilogy are among my favourites). I'm also enjoying the new canon novels, especially Claudia Gray.

I saw the prequels as they were released, ROTS was definitely the highlight of the trilogy. I'm a bit of a gamer and I've played a good few Star Wars video games. KOTOR and the Battlefront games were stand-out favourites. I'm looking forward to Battlefront II (currently halfway through Inferno Squad).

I'm also a comic book fan and I've read a good few Star Wars comics. Crimson Empire Saga and Legacy were outstanding. I'm trying to get started on the new Marvel comics, but there's a lot of content coming out.

This is a great time to be a Star Wars fan with the new movies and TV shows. I guess I'm here because I want to talk to other people who share my enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Dannik Jerriko, Sep 13, 2017
    Mostlymad and Dagobahsystem like this.
  2. Bazinga'd Porg Overlord of the WNU, CT, and Saga Forums

Manager
    star 6
    Welcome @Dannik Jerriko to the forums. Please let us know if you have any questions about navigating the forums.
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
  5. Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator•

Game Host
    star 7
    Since you're a fan of novels and comics, I hope you'll visit the EUC. :)
  6. Master_Rebado Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the forum!!!
  7. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Welcome! @Lady Belligerent s correct, the Expanded Universe (Legends) is a great place to start!!!
  8. Dannik Jerriko Jedi Youngling

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been checking out the EU community. Looks like a great place for me to start with some lively discussions. Looking forward to joining in.
  9. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Sooner you do, the more fun you have! Light side or Dark??:confused:
  10. BookExogorth Jedi Knight

star 4
    Hello, @Dannik Jerriko! I kind of came here for the same reason as you. I hope to see you in the EUC.
    Last edited by BookExogorth, Sep 14, 2017
  11. Halle Dray Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the JCF! I loved RotS!!!
  12. Dannik Jerriko Jedi Youngling

@Adalia-Durron I tend more to the light side.
    @BookExogorth Cool, I'll definitely be kicking about in the EUC whenever I get the chance.
    @Halle Dray Thanks, I loved that movie as well. I remember leaving the cinema buzzing.
  13. ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awesome @Dannik Jerriko, we could always use some more Jedi!:D
    If you like feel free to check out the Guardians of Light. We have an enclave on this side of the forum to introduce our order to newer users. May the force be with you.:cool::greensaber:
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. Mostlymad Jedi Knight

star 2
    You could do that @Dannik Jerriko, you could join the Jedi... and be restricted. Or, you could explore your darker side and join our very active community. Links are in my signature if you would like to see what fun you'd be missing out on if you joined the Jedi.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, Skiara