main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Hello everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Darth Venom and I am the CR of the Long Island FanForce "Docking Bay 516". I understand that our newly elected President, Moorglade, knows some of you. So, I figured now would be a perfect time to say hello from our club to yours. We've also got a couple of things planned for later in the year and maybe our 2 clubs can work together. Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" so..."Hi" :)

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Howdy.

What did you have have planned?

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hello and greetings to Long Island! I look forward to possible joint ventures. (Which translates to an excuse for a field trip to NY for me. Hee hee.)

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
  5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    hey, hmm trip to long island and New york area. Sweet.

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Can I come too????

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    No Mutt, sorry you aren't allowed.

:D

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    :eek: Well, fiddle-sticks! I wanted to go really bad too. :_|

9. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Perhaps you could if you were one of US but you are one of THEM...

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    what I am then ? :(

I'm a silly forgeiner :(

BACK on topic for a second.........welcome to our humble forum Darth Venom. You are very welcome here - its only people from Maryland we have a problem with LOL :D

Seeing as your are not too far away I think we should think about meeting up towards the summer !

pop back whenever you feel

malkie

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    It's okay Malkie, you are still one of us despite the 'silly foreigner' status. :)

And I think there is some sort of convention this summer on LI that Eugenia mentioned... Maybe we can make a group trek up that way then.

12. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Hey all,

Well, Darth Stalker, The I-CON convention is in Long Island every year, it's the Northeast's largest convention and Docking Bay 516 plan on being a presence there. We would like to cordially invite all our new friends from the Galactic Senate to come on up for the weekend and participate in the convention with us. I-Con is Mar. 28th through 30th.

and yes, Maryland members can come too :)

Also, I know we're planning some other events in the summer, possibly a beach party (since we've got tons of them).

Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Darth Venom,

Thanks for the invitation! I doubt that I will be able to make it but I will make sure that Cinnea (our Event Coordinator) is aware of your invitation so she can see who all is up for it and well...all that other stuff that Event Coordinators do :)

Hopefully we will have something exciting to invite you guys to later this summer.

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hi, Darth Venom! At the very least, I'm sure we'll meet at I-con since I'll be hanging out with Moorglade - er, sorry, that's PRESIDENT Moorglade now, I hear. Now, can we convince you guys to come down here to FarPoint? It's chock full of Star Trek people, and we need to fix that.

I'm all for joint fun and a road trip to NY!

15. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh good, Cinnea has already seen this! I hope I can make the trip I've never been to NY before but my work schedule keeps me on a short leash most of the time.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey Event Coordinator,

Can we get a web site for this con please?

17. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Is Farpoint just Star Trek?

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Its open to all Sci-Fi, but heavily themed in Star Trek. I think thats the way it goes anyway.

19. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    well, Star Wars fans unite!! I might go.

20. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
  21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Last year, Farpoint was heavy Star Trek (being sponsored by a local Star Trek group and all) but there were panels on everything under the sun sci-fi, and fans of all kinds. If I can like it, and not actually like Star Trek very much, then it's not too "Trekkie." Check the convention thread - I had a link to their website, I think. If not, I'll start a thread tonite when I have more time.

22. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Cinnea,

Hmmm, let me check with the club, but I think we could put together a group to come to farpoint. Afterall, we owe the ST crowd for what they did to us on the Ep.II line (had spock come out and flip everyone the bird :) )

Khan: "Revenge is a dish best served cold. It's very cold in....winter" :)

and yeah, El Presidente, or Empress as she likes to be known, said you were coming up, and that's when I thought "Hell, invite the whole GC and let's make a party out of it" :)

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The more the merrier, I say!! We'll rock Farpoint, and Jedi (dark and light) will whoop it up with Klingons. (because it isn't a con until there's a Klingon or Stormtrooper in the lounge or pool)

And I'll put in the good word for an I-Con road trip - we had loads of fun last year, even if I never did get the hang of getting from the hotel to the con and back again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.