main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediPadme76, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPadme76

JediPadme76 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the boards!
    My name is Jen, I actually live in New Hampshire. I have been a Star Wars fan since I was very young, my dad got me into science fiction in general, but the very first movie I ever saw in the theatre was The Empire Strikes Back, I was just about 4 and have been hooked ever since!
    As a child I used to dress and fix my hair like Leia, she and Darth Vader have always been my favorite. I was no surprize to my family when I named my first born child Lucas, after both George and Luke. I recently discovered all of this through the 501st after they visited my humble city. Now I have embarked on a new addiction! I started costuming! Currently I have a Padme costume and have applied for a membership in the Rebel Legion. I am about to begin a new costume, this time a handmaiden. I want to eventually do Leia, but I could not decide upon which one! I hope to get to know you and look forward to talking and getting together with you all!!

Jen

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome to the board, Jen. I hope distance from Boston doesn't preclude you from making a meet here and there. :D

3. JediPadme76

Aug 9, 2005
    I am not that far
    and I would love to make a meet!
    There seems to be a a lot more of "us" in the Boston area than in the Manchester area.

4. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    including one member of REBEL LEGION .... hehehehehe

and our CR also .. IF SHE EVER SENT IN HER PICS FROM CIII THAT IS..... LOL

AND I KNOW SUSY IS WORKING ON HER JEDI OUTFIT ALSO....

PLEASE VISIT WWW.ALDERAANBASE.COM FOR LOCAL RL FORUM
    LOOK FORWARD TO TROOPING WITH YOU SOON .... MAYBE WW BOSTON AND SUPERMEGAFEST ???

SINCERLY,
    JUSTIN MANNING / RL OIC OF FAN TABLE AT DRAGONCON 2005 ... 2 WEEKS AWAY BABY !!!!!

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi Jen! I'm glad you made it over to our forum. We'd love to have you at any of our meetings if you're able to come.

You mention you have a Padme costume - which one is it? I did the sleeveless brown costume from ROTS. I also have a Barriss Offee costume and an Asajj Ventress costume. I haven't yet applied to the RL (sorry Justin!), but I plan on getting around to that sometime soon hopefully. :)

6. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!! It is always good to have another female fan around! :)

7. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    well, hello there!

8. JediPadme76

Aug 9, 2005
    I actually have the battle costume from AOTC. I have had it for some time, but I did not want to send in pics until I lost weight, which I have finally dropped almost 50 lbs, so I figured it was time! Here is a link to it...
    http://www.alderaanbase.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=27

Thanks for all the welcomes! I would love to meet sometime! I do live in NH, but I get down to Boston a bit. I will be at Wizard World. I am going with my Sith lord friend. He is Darth Vader so we should be quite a sight!

There are a lot of female fans! Me and my sister have loved it since we were little. We are working on a costume for her now and all the kids, then we are going to do a family portrait!

Again, thanks for the welcomes! I hope to meet you all sometimes!

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.