main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithkeith1701, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Keith, I bowl out of Westgate Lanes in Brockton, though I'm not back in a league yet (was in them for a while, but then had to give up the game about 15 years ago). I only have one ball that I use, a Circle High-Voltage that I got from the pro shop @ my house on closeout. They don't really use sport shots here, but I had been bowling on a fairly tough house shot (until this week, they had been putting down a more difficult shot than the usual one on Monday in the morning for the big league there that night, and I had been practicing on the shot in the afternoon, but they recently decided to only put the shot down in the afternoon on the lanes that league uses). I've been averaging around 165 in practice, and I should return to league action this summer.

2. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    I used to bowl at Westgate on a monday night league a long time ago. I loved bowling there but the driving got to me. I always loved bowling there. I usually did very well. A lot of my friends still bowl there. When you do get back into a league, I recommend Storm bowling euqipment. Its pretty much the only one I use.

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Keith, there's Wonder Bowl in New Bedford that should be closer to you, but if you are around a 200-average bowler, definitely join the Coke Classic league on Monday nights @ Westgate...it might be the best league in New England. :D

4. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
    Oh definitely. I bowled in that league for the first 2 years it existed.

Wonder Bowl is ok. I bowled in Westport a couple of years ago and I liked it there.
    If everything goes right, more than likely, I'll be back in Brockton this fall. A friend of mine shot a couple of 300's in that league one season. The only 300 I have, I bowled in Falmouth. Best part about it was I shot it in front of my kids! Greatest moment I have had in a long time. :) I am about a 211 average bowler. What do you average? WOuld you bowl in the Coke league next year??

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Probably not, Keith...I'd probably be outgunned unless I was averaging something over 180. I do have a couple of cousins (a male blood cousin and his wife) that bowl in a league here, so I'll probably be joining their league (though I won't necessarily be on their team). Good luck in your return...I'll give you a PM later. :)

6. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I am surprised our lurker/member and my room mate, Jim ( -Raldayen- )hasn't commented here he is a ten pin bowler.

He's got a couple of balls and is a great bowler.

7. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    He's got a couple of balls and is a great bowler.

D'Oh!

8. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
  9. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    You people are bad. lol. Get your minds out of the gutter. [face_laugh]

10. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
    Waka waka waka >>>> LOL

11. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    perhaps we can create a NEW league.... TFN-based?

i was just bowling candlepin 2 days ago cause the 10pin were taken by leaguers. apparently wed/thurs is a big league night =P.

this is of course another continuation of the same galaxy-dominating themes we talked about >D. i'm quite the dictator =P.

12. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    HI. I am new here. I moved to Mass about a year ago and really miss my FanForce from CA. I might not be able to make it to meetings but I love talking about Star Wars.

*waves*

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome to New England Ophelia! :D

14. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome to the area.

15. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  16. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    Thanks! Where do you guys usually have meetings? Or does it change from month to month?

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It usually changes. It's been a while since we've done meetings every month but when we do meet we usually try to do something different. It may be at a local con or a members house or a place like Jillians. Alot of us are centrally located (between Framingham & Worcester) but we also have members in Boston as well as north and south of the city.

18. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    we should meet @Boston Bowl for 10pin bowling! name day+time and i'll try to be there.

19. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
    Sounds like an idea. I'll have to wait until my ankle gets better. :)

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'll have to wait until my bowling gets better.

;)

21. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Welcome OpheliaRedgrave. :) Sorry for posting in here late my router was shot and we just got one late last night.

I hope you will post here often and maybe come to an upcoming meet.

It seems we have seen quite a bit of new faces here lately which is great.

Yeah and what is up with the banner missing?

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    From my understanding, the banner problem is happening all over FanForce, not just here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.