main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JediKnightSkywalker, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightSkywalker

JediKnightSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2008
    Hi everyone!

How do you like my username...very original huh? lol What can I say, I'm a fan of the name 'Skywalker.' It's one of the most memorabe names in film, IMO.

It's been a long time coming for me to finally join a forum dedicated to the greatest Space Opus of all time...guess being a part of forums for 'Indiana Jones,' 'Batman,' 'Superman,' 'Robocop,' 'Alien,' and 'Terminator' just wasn't enough lol

Well what can I say about myself...I'm a film student setting up for my 3rd year at the Art Institute in Dallas, Texas. I'm also heavily involved in all creative fronts...from writing to 2D artwork.

I'm aware of not being AS passionate in the whole of Star Wars as others are. I by no means follow with the various book series and the like.

But I HAVE been a longtime fan of the theatrical films (who isn't really?) since seeing "A New Hope" as a child.

My favorite installment, hands down, is "The Empire Strikes Back."

And since I don't want make a thread for it just yet, I'm planning on creating a MASSIVE 2D project based on 'Star Wars' that will be drawn in pencil, inked in sharpie, colored in colored pencil...and measure 27 feet long. Once I begin the work on it (I'm doing a similar project for 'Indiana Jones' at the moment) I'll make a thread with pic links galore.

Anyway lol It's great to be here!

2. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    Greetings young one. all i want to say is, You Are Doomed.
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!![face_devil]

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi!

Welcome to the JC! I also live in the D/FW area.

Be sure and check out the Fan Art board here if you want to see and share art projects.

I recommend the EUC where you'll find discussions of all the popular characters and groups.

Have fun!

4. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Hi and welcome. I can't wait to see your artwork, sounds impressive. Enjoy your stay and we look forward to learning more about you.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hello there, and welcome to the boards. :D

6. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    Welcome! :D I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome JediKnightSkywalker! :)

Like Cathy, I'm curious to see your artwork as well. Have you seen FanArt already? It might be intersting for you. :)

I hope you enjoy these boards and don't worry to ask us, if you have any questions, ok? :)

Have lots of fun and see you around! :)

Merry Christmas! :)

8. JediKnightSkywalker

Dec 23, 2008
    Well it looks like Obi-Wan was wrong...this IS the day for warm welcomes.

Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome and right at home here!

I did take a look around the fan art thread, and I'm super excited to get started on my mural as soon as I'm finished with the 'Indiana Jones' one. And in fact, I'll go ahead and start up a thread for my art early so I can show you all the 'Indy' one. It'll give you some impression of how my 'Star Wars' one will go!

Again, thank you so much for the kindness and welcoming. It's usually not like that on some of the boards I frequent. I just know Im gonna like it here!

[face_dancing]

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    We do our best to make new users feel welcome. ;)

10. JediKnightSkywalker

Dec 23, 2008
    I can definately tell. Most board just point, call you a 'noob' and you earn respect through post count. It's always cool when post count and join dates aren't played up as much.

11. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Bah! Most boards aren't as cool as the JC, either. Post count and registration dates aren't important. It's what you bring to the community as a whole. Everyone's got a sweet personality to bring to the table, and you'll make friends around different sections of the JC just from being yourself and having a good time.

With that, I'd like to personally welcome you to the JC and let you know that if you ever need anything or have questions, you're most certainly welcome to send me a PM.

Trikes

12. JediKnightSkywalker

Dec 23, 2008
    Sweetness. Thanks Trikes! :D

Yeah 'Star Wars' is easily among my most passionate interests. Lucas just created a universe that taught me a great deal about mythology and the like in easily one of the most entertaining and eye-popping visual astheatics I've ever seen.

The ability to tell the hero's journey and teach an audience about good and evil, right and wrong, and the trappings of different relationships all with the backdrop of lightsabers, space ships, aliens, worlds and the force...it's the definition of inspiring and it's just all varying degrees of cool!

And I've known for the longest time that 'Star Wars' has one of the coolest and most dedicated fanbases. The people I've seen at Sci-Fi Expos and Comic Book Conventions that are so passionate about 'Star Wars' are just some of the nicest people I've ever met and I never get enough of seeing them, meeting with them and talking to them about our mutual love of the series and characters.

It's awesome to finally be a part of a community made up of great individuals such as you guys.

13. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hey! Welcome welcome welcome!!

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey dude. I know we've already met, but I had to pop in and say hi again.

Plus, since I now know that you like comics, try to get you over to Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Books and Comics :D

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Hello there. Welcome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.