main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello everyone. :)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Harpalyce, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Like most of the people here, I'm new. :) So hi, I'm Harpalyce, a college student working on my Biology/English dual degree. I'm also a pretty huge Star Wars fan. I've been watching TOR coverage in drooling happiness, and most of the time to cool off after tests I either find myself watching Clone Wars online or writing more Star Wars fanfiction. (You can find me on FF.N under the name Plaidbutterfly.)

My username gives me away as an Aeneid geek, I think. In the Aeneid, Harpalyce is a warrior woman who gets a 2 line cameo, running so fast she only brushes the tops of the grass. Elsewhere in mythology, Harpalyce was a thracian princess who entertained herself by hunting deer, and then boars, and then finally was so bored that she started hunting the peasants of the kingdom. (Needless to say, the peasants were not entertained.) Literally, it translates to 'wolf-snatcher'. So, there's your trivia for the day!

I'm happy to be here and look forward to getting to know you all. :)

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
  3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Hey Harpalyce! Be sure to come over to the Star Wars Community and the main social thread of the board, the home of the freaking strange, the Cloud City Cantina! :D

These boards are pretty scary in their size so be sure to send me a private message! To send PMs, you need 20 posts. Gain 20 posts in the Get 20 Posts thread at the top of the Welcome board.

4. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Hi y'all, thanks for the warm welcome! :) I think I can figure things out, I may just hang out only in a few places before branching out, LOL. And thank you for the tip about PMs. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.