Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by CoolUsernameHere, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Hi there.
    Just joined the site a couple of minutes ago. I'm a obviously a big fan of Star Wars, along with lots of other sci-fi films and series.
    I'm a student at Auburn University. I just finished my sophomore year. I'm an English major, in the creative writing track. I'm hoping to be a published writer some day. I'm also very interested in film and television writing. I've always thought it would be cool to write for a TV series based in the Star Wars Universe. First and foremost, though, I'm a non-fiction writer.
    I just started reading Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi. It's decent so far, and actually my first experience with SW comic books.

I'm glad I found this site, thanks to Google. I can't wait to get in on some discussions regarding one of my life's biggest loves.
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome CoolUsernameHere! :)

Really interesting username you've choosen. :D

Just a quick 'hi' from me, since I'm on reduced time, which can be noticed by my green colors.

You'll enjoy your stay a lot and you'll find some places where you can get help for your projects. So take a look around. :D

Have fun and see you around! :)
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Tyrant

Manager
    star 8
    Hello, person who used their one and only post to start this thread! I'm sure you will never be back, so I won't offer to PM you my account info like I was planning to do if you were gonna be an active member of our friendly online society.
  4. CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

PM away, man. I was busy and unable to post the day after I registered. I've been posting a bit today. I feel a tad overwhelmed by all of the subjects one can post about. I like this place, though. Seems pretty friendly.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Tyrant

Manager
    star 8
    Dagblasted, confounded pwnage!!! So, you went and made 2 posts... I'll transfer money into my PayPal account and get back to you.
  6. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    You got owned there, MyKe. :p

You'll fit in here well, CoolUsernameHere. ;)
  7. Teegirloo Jedi Master

star 6
    Welcome Coolusernamehere.[:D] I hope you do stay a good long time. There is so much to do here. I'm sure you wont get bored.

Do you have a particular interest?
  8. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Welcome to the JC!!

If you like writing in the Star Wars universe (or any other fandom), you should check out our [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction/c10051]Fan Fiction forums[/link]! They have an awesome community, and fanfic is a great way to practise writing.
  9. CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

I've actually never written any SW fan fiction. Well, I started a story back when I was 14 or so (roughly six-seven years ago). At this point it's only a writing aspiration and interest. I've never done any kind of sci-fi writing, but SW fan fiction would probably be the best way to put my foot into that door.
  10. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    You should give it a try. Even if you don't post it on the boards, at least give it a try and let your imagination run wild for a while.
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.