main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lilywan, May 3, 2013.

1. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    Hiya everyone!

What to say? Hmm... I'm a SW fan from France and I've been since... well it might sound strange if I say "as long as I could remember" but, born in the late 80's and having older siblings, I have the impression that Star Wars has always been part of the family and I have memories of watching the original trilogy when I was just a little girl, I wanted to be Princess Leia and marry Han Solo (who is called Ian in the french version btw... I have never understood why)
    My fanityness"(if I may say), kept going with the release of the prequel trilogy and when Revenge of the Sith came out I was in high school and desperatly lost in the SWverse.
    I've been late in my discovery of the extended universe though. It was only two years ago that I started reading the novels/short stories, I think it's because I didn't read english fluently before. And now, I'm progressing in my reading of all the novels and I'm currently starting "Specters of the past." Even I have to say I don't read the novels in the right order... Weird I am :/
    My favourite movie is Return of the Jedi, even Revenge of the Sith is close behind. My fav characters are Obi-Wan, Leia, Han, Anakin, Qui-Gon and Mace Windu (is he not cool?) and I'm fan of Sith Lords because... well they are cool as well. Concerning the extended universe my favs are Mara Jade, Jenna Solo, and Kyp Durron.

Well, i think it's the most important about me :) I use to talk/write a lot, sorry about that... and the none-inspired username as well. i wanted something hyper-super awesome but... nothing popped to my mind.

See you around the forum, I hope! :)

Lily.

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Iron_lord and DaRthPuNkeR like this.
  3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Greetings and welcome aboard the crazy train known as the JCF. Any place on here you interested in checking out?

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Bonjour et bienvenue! I've always wanted to go to France, it seem like such a nice country. I actually learnt a bit of French in school, but stopped taking it after a year because I just couldn't be bothered learning it anymore.

I hope you enjoy it here on the forums, and if you need any help with anything or want to know where something is, just ask us here and we'd be happy to help :)

5. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    Thanks everyone for your messages :)

Well, i don't know yet, here are so many topics to see... I feel a bit lost I think... But I'll look around :)

Merci ! :) Everybody seems to think that France is a nice place... It is indeed but I think I prefer other places I've been... :3

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hello there.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys.

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    PM me if you need any help :)

9. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Welcome!
    It's always nice to see that girls are interested in Star Wars too.
    Have fun.

Pensive Padme likes this.
  10. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    Thank you :)

Yeah... in fact I don't know that many girls who love Star Wars in my friends then sometimes I feel a bit alone lol

Pensive Padme and Son of a Bith like this.
  11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    You know one now. :p ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    Haha great :D

I have to say I feel a bit lost on the forum... Where should I begin? I don't wanna disturb anyone in asking :/

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    What do you like? Do you like the EU, just the movies itself....it depends one what you like.

Don't be afraid to ask, we'll help you the best way we can. ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Make that "two" :)...Hi, Lilywan! I know what you mean...my husband always told me I was one of the few girls/women he knew who had a special love for SW! But, as I think you will see, there are definitely other female SW fans on this forum! Hmm..., maybe one of us should start a new thread addressing this topic [face_thinking] For starters, if you're particularly fond of Obi-wan (a pretty common occurence among female fans I think ;)) , you can find a number of other fellow female fans on the Obi-Wan "Fan Club/Appreciation" thread (in the "SW Community") section.

Since I'm a newbie here too, maybe I'm not the best person to advise you as to how to begin, but I don't think there's just one way to go about it. I would say just start reading threads that interest you and after you get a bit of a "feel" for a particular forum area, jump in and add your "two cents"! So far, I've found the "oldbies" around here to be pretty friendly and happy to welcome us newbies.

Have fun and see you around the forums!

15. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    I love the movies but also the EU, even I haven't read all the novels yet :) and I also started the Clone Wars tv serie but I'm only in the first season so I'm not sure I can count as a fan yet :p
    Thank you anyway :D
    Thank you very much for your message and advice! I should check the Obi-Wan appreciation thread... that should be a great place to start :D
    Yeah, being a lady who loves SW is quite unusual around here also.... I don't know but I have the impression that there are more american girls fans of SW than here, in France... Or it's maybe because there are less french fan on fan communities, I don't know :) but it's relieving to see I'm not alone anymore! [face_laugh]
    And I think you have a good idea, starting a thread on this matter could be really nice :3