main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Kenaabi, May 29, 2013.

1. Kenaabi

Kenaabi Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2013
    Hi guys! I just found this forum, can't believe I haven't run across this before!
    I'm very new to the EU, so if anybody has some they would recommend me to read first, don't hesitate to let me know :)
    May the force be with us all!

2. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum Kenaabi! You're going to fit right in here, so have a good look around and enjoy your time here! :)

I'll point you in the direction of the EU section to test the water:

http://boards.theforce.net/categories/star-wars-books-comics-and-expanded-universe.10824/

...I was once new to the EU, but after a few books and some research of the "EU Timeline", I was hooked and have read many, many novels spanning millions of years of the Star Wars timeline, from the Sith war to the New Jedi Order. Brilliant reads, and I am excited for you to discover this, and more!

The first EU book I read which was also the very first EU novel is 'Splinter Of The Minds Eye' by Alan Dean Foster. From there, you should be able to focus on any period you want discover, be it the older Sith stories featuring Darth Bane, the missions taking place in the Clone Wars between 'ATOC' and 'ROTS' or the books following on from after 'ROTJ'

Another grset of EU books I personally love is 'The Han Solo Trilogy' (set before ANH) by Ann C. Crispin and the 'Heir To The Empire' trilogy (also known as the 'Thrawn Trilogy' and set after 'ROTJ') by Timothy Zahn. These give you a taste of what it's let to continue and discover new Star Wars adventures and will carry on your SW experience for many years if you continue pursuing the books and even games out there.

If you need help, just shout and I know one of the many crazy fellow fans will help you!

And may the Force be with you too...! :D

[​IMG]

Kenaabi likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Kenaabi: Failte Nua Duine. Glad you found us. As JGG submitted above, take a look in our EU forums, but check out everything going on... even here in WNU. Get involved, have fun, and should you need any assistance, feel free to @.tag one of us in here. This thread is your personal tech support.

Kenaabi likes this.
  4. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome to the forums! Cool profile image. I also like the EU. Like Jedi General Gelderd said, the Thrawn trilogy is a good place to start, especially if you want to find out what happens after ROTJ. From there you can just work your way along the timeline. If you are into the Clone Wars I would definitely recommend Shatterpoint. Enjoy your stay!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here! :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Did someone say EU?!~ :D Welcome! And if you want to talk EU, follow me! ;)

8. Nino Junior

Nino Junior Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2013
    Whats up! Im new too! :D

9. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Hello Kenaabi and Nino Junior :D

The EUC sounds like a wonderful place for you to start, Kenaabi. I'm sure I'll see you around!!

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nino Junior, I took the liberty of moving your "welcome" to the Newbie Welcome Party thread so that both yourself and Kenaabi can have your own personal space on here.