main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from a newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TheCosmicGeek, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCosmicGeek

TheCosmicGeek Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2008
    Hi everyone, just joined up and looking forward to talking about Star Wars and getting to know you all. I hope to make lots of friends on here! Just a bit about me, I'm 33 years old, lover or Star Wars ever since I was two years old, and love talking about Star Wars, movies, comic book, books or anything one wishes to.

May the Force be with You All.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome aboard, CosmicGeek.[:D]

You are not alone with your age here, though soetimes you'll have to look out for the rest of us old people.;)
    Of course, you're exaclty at the right place to discuss SW here, too. Movies are here.
    Books and comics.
    Games!

As you can see, there's a place to talk about everything, and each place does have a social thread somewhere, where you can just with people no matter the subject.

If there's anything you want to know, just ask us. But remember, we have more answers where the boards are concerend then most other topics.;)

3. TheCosmicGeek

Jul 8, 2008
    Thanks for the greetings, MsLanna. Looking forward to spending lots of time here.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You have found the best place for this. As Lanna pointed out, we have topics for everything and you will always find someone to talk to. This board is never empty, not in daytime nor in the night. You'll see. :D

Not sure what I shall add, since Lanna linked you to good places as well and described us well. Mhm, maybe I can hint you at the adoption program, just in case, if you want your own master who show you the ropes. :)

I hope you'll have much fun! :)

See you around! :D

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hi CosmicGeek! Welcome to the boards!

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi, CosmicGeek! Welcome to the JC! You came to the right place if you like to talk geek stuff, and there's plenty of "older and wiser" JCers around here, too. We usually keep them tucked safely away in the back closets, but I'll let you stay out for a while and check things out. [face_mischief]

Have fun! See you around!

Trika

7. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    I am going to be unoriginal and say welcome to the JC as well CosmicGeek! As the others have said, there are a lot of older members here. Though I am one of the younger, several of my good friends happen to be old enough to be my parents so, you'll be in no shortage of people to talk to about the wonderful world of Star Wars. As Skiara and Lanna said, there are no shortage of forums to chat with people about. There are also things called Fanforces where you can talk to fans from your area. [There are several different ones for each area of the USA and a few select countries. All the fanforce links are on the bottom on the General boards place] I hope you have a good time and feel free to pm any one of us oldbies if you need help. Many of us are happy to help.

8. TheCosmicGeek

Jul 8, 2008
    Thank you everyone for your warm greetings. What a friendly place to visit!

9. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    hey there, welcome to the boards TheCosmicGeek! Yeah, this place is really friendly. I hung out here for a long time before I moved to other places. Hope you enjoy your stay!

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Welcome to the second decade of the JC! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.