main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from Bedford!

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by jangofett9, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Hey guys how are you all? Im excellent I'm extremely tired and feel sick....I'm not used to getting drunk 3 nights in a row! And the birds well.....what can I say apart from jawdropping!=P~ The place is excellent guys really am loving it here made some friends that I'm never going to forget. This is so awesome!

Well I better be off the librarian is giving me dirty looks from the corner of the room [face_worried]

take care of yourselves guys and keep me upto date with everything.....also have great fun at the NSC convention and hope to see some of you guys down here at collectormania!!

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    hi tom. glad to see you`ve got your priorities right! don`t let school work get in your way :p .

3. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm having to research the history of the tango......its sooooo boring! I had to learn how to do it yesterday it was sooooo funny at least I can sort of dance im the only guy who hasnt got two left feet there I think!

Hope your all ok Dave mate....ang n family too

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Did you have your audition yesterday?

5. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    remind me exactly what course ur doing again!
    and good for you. and i bet ur glad u took ur binoculars now.

6. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ah my old apprentice. [:D]

Glad to hear you've learnt something atleast.

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    sounds like you are settling in okay, I'm glad.

8. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm actually going up to Bedford for a birthday party soon. Is anyone here from there?

9. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Yup, I am. And so is lukeforpresident :D

10. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Tom, I just want you to know, that even in Bedford, my hate for you is ticking clock! :p

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    he says the nicest things. Joe , you silver tongued, b'stard

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Tom, good to hear from you, buddy!

I know what you mean. I signed up at Aston yesterday, and the two main thoughts were the "Where is the Union bar?", and trying hard to keep my eyes off a girl in my class whilst listening to some geeks droan about the British Computer Society! [face_whistling]

So, what is your residency halls like?

13. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    they are in old victorian converted houses. they woke us all up this morning for a fire drill at 5 o clock! and none of us got in till 3 from last nights activities. also on another note I have had 3 snogs in the past week to keep you all upto date with my love life lol. and the one of the girls is staying in my room tonight but I'm going to make her sleep on the floor! lmao

Phill I had my audition (i presume you mean doctor who one) on thursday before I came here (22nd) and it went really well they said give them two weeks to get back to me so hopefully all should work out for me.

Ive just been to the freshers fair where people are trying to get you to join societies and things like that but all us students just go for the freebies!

And lil dave Im doing performing arts for the tenth time.....are you sure you werent a goldfish in a previous life?! :p

and Joe in the words of C-3P0 "I don't like you either!":p

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Hey tom :)

So student life is working out for you huh? glad to hear it :cool: Got internet in my room now YAAAY! :D

My uni experience is going well except last night where some drunken students, all blokes, from the floor below managed to gain access to our flat, (how, were still trying to work it out) knocking, banging and crashing trying to kick our room doors in. Shouting and screaming and messing around in our kitchen and communal area. It was the first time since being here that I was actually scared and frightened. I was shaking and they were in there for at least 2 hours. Obviously neither me of the other 4 girls were going to leave our rooms cos it wasnt safe (we all bolted our doors locked) to but my flatmate caroline finally plucked up courage to yell at them and tell them to leave. Were going to get the warden and maintance people to check the locks and if nessesary get them changed. I also saw someone breaking into a car coming back from the union. So much for the area being student safe :( [face_worried]

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    My internet is now working in my room too. took them bloody long enough.

glad to know oyu are having a good time tom

16. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    jebus Leigh! I hope the offending blokes have all been knee capped!

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Yeah Verity they have :) One lad on the same floor as them had been getting on with us and being a good mate he reported them to the wardens. they dunno he did it though. Been sleeping easier now, but today my building was woken up at 8:00 for a fire drill. Now the alarm sounds like a mix of a regular fire alarm, loud bells, and a really loud air raid siren. :eek: It was so loud. i was in shorts and t-shirt and its quite cold in middlesbrough this morning (when is it never cold up north). We all went outside, the later people coming out got wrong (including the before metioned idiots yay!) The groundskeeper then laughed at all the half asleep students and shut the alarm down, saying "well at least you wont be late for your first lectures" but my first lecture isnt until 4 this afternoon and I finish at 6! Which is both good and bad. Then im straight to my surf club social meet. So im guessing its going to be an eventful day :p

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Glad your getting into all the clubs and stuff, you should keep an alarm in your room to deter any other ****ers who come in

19. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    We had that too leigh we had some second year guys try and break into our house purely because it had been there house the previous year. And our fire alarm was at 5 in the morning!!!

Glad to see you and dean are having a good time though.....it really is great here. And also i got my timetable today and found i have no lessons on a monday or a friday!!! so sunday and thursday nights are going to be drunken ones i believe!

btw did everyone have a good time a C8? i cudnt attend as I had no money due to the fact my student loan had not gone into my account!

20. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I didnt attend and my reason Is in the CM8 thread.

youre timetable is pretty nifty, tom. Mines a tad annoying.

Monday: 2pm
    Tues: 9am
    wednesday: 9am
    Thurs: 2pm
    friday: 10am

hope you get you'r loan in soon. mine didnt come in tll 9 days into uni. hope everyone settled in OK. I have a mate who I was talking to on MSN who hasnt settled in well at all. :(

21. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Glad to hear your enjoying it too tom :) my timetable for this week is like this (I only have 15 Working hours in the week but this isnt a complete timetable yet)

Monday:
    4-5 Animation skills
    5-6 History of moving pictures

Wednesday:
    9-10 Drawing and composition
    10-11 Studio Tools 1

Friday:
    11-12 Studio tools 1
    2-4 Proffesional studies

But it changes alomst every week

22. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Leigh, I'll second Verity's mention, here. Last week at enrolment, the police were giving away free attack alarms, and I tell you, those buggers are noisy! I would seriously get one if I were you! :)

I started at Aston Uni today, and my classes are all over the shot, too.

Monday:

11am-12pm Introduction to Artifical Intelligence.
    12pm-1pm Communication and Information Skills.
    2pm-3pm Java Programming Foundations.
    3pm-4pm Introduction to Artifical Intelligence.

Tuesday:

12pm-1pm Computer Systems Principals.
    2pm-3pm Java Programming Foundations.
    3pm-4pm Communication and Information Skills.
    4pm-5pm Computer Systems Principals.

Wednesday:

9am-10pm Understanding Information Systems.
    10am-11am Java Programming Foundations.

Thursday:

10am-12pm Java Programming Foundations.
    12pm-1pm Computer Systems Pricipals.
    2pm-3pm Communication & Information Skills (every second week).

Friday:

2pm-3pm Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
    3pm-4pm Understanding Information Systems.

Yeah, I'm like king-geek here. [face_worried] Still, if it helps me get a good job at the end of it, I think it's worth the sacrifice. o_O

23. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Mark why do need an intorduction to Artificial Intelegence, I thought you'd been running on it for years dude :p

I'll have to give you a shout when I'm next delivering to Aston Uni.

24. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Oooooooooh! That was a little below the belt. Try to keep the gloves up! :p

25. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I joke because you know I mean it m8 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.