main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from Buckinghamshire, UK!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by dayz, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayz

dayz Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2010
    Hi my names Chris, 23 yr old from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. I've been obsessed with Star Wars ever since I watched ep4 as a child. Now I follow the saga and the expanded universe on a daily basis.

My fanatical friend and I are constantly talking Star Wars at work but recently started to wonder if there were any like minded people in our area to get together with on a larger scale, I vowed to find such groups, as they must exist!!! And here I am.....[face_dancing]

We recently travelled over to Northolt to go to the www.jedi-robe.com charity day, which was a hoot! See if I can get some pictures up here...

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs770.snc4/67058_167556109926024_100000149074483_612138_8279612_n.jpg]
    protecting the peace with the local law enforcement [face_whistling]
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs779.snc4/65947_167555589926076_100000149074483_612130_5841246_n.jpg]
    standing with a guy who was indeed "a little short for a stormtrooper" [face_laugh]
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs407.snc4/46999_167555856592716_100000149074483_612134_4370239_n.jpg]

This was the first Star Wars related event I had attended after missing out on good tickets for Star Wars in Concert, and I enjoyed it so much I want to attend more in my local vicinity ;) hopefully with a full jedi replica costume from the jedi-robe shop (which are hand made awesome-ness) [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs061.snc4/34437_167554749926160_100000149074483_612117_1759120_n.jpg]

For me personally the original Saga will always be the eppitamy of Star Wars, but I do enjoy the prequels, the EU (currently reading the Han Solo trilogy) and games; played Star Wars: Galaxies from release up untill its death not to mention Knights of the Old Republic 1/2 and too many others to list. Eagerly awaiting the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I follow the development of every week and it's going to be a belter :D

I suppose all that's left for me to do is get involved in the forum, I suppose I'll be perusing the UK: South and UK: London chapters and looking out for events of interest.

[face_peace]

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome. :)

Ooo, the Han Solo trilogy. Love it.

What class are you looking forward to playing the most in TOR?

3. dayz

dayz Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2010
    Yeh I am enjoying the trilogy so far, always been a fan of Han. RE; SW:TOR I've never been so internally conflicted, I was a Master Bounty Hunter in SW:G and that was fun as it fits into my personality, but then I'd really like to play a jedi, thats what its all about right? but then I have 2 problems, 1; dark or light? I'm much more of a "grey" jedi in real life [face_dancing] and 2; will they be too common? Always like to be doing something slightly different. So maybe i should play smuggler?

theres soo much conflict within me, I dont think ill go trooper as I can pick up halo or medal of honour and wield a big gun. Ill probably either decide closer to the time or leave it upto instinct when im creating my character [face_laugh]. Who knows it could turn out to be a wholey replayable game (which i think is one of their aims) that doesnt reward someone for sticking to one character after finishing the main story arc or whatever........who knows!!! excited though :p

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hi Chris, welcome aboard. :)

Nice pics, looks like a great day. And I absolutely love your t-shirt. :D

Do check out your local FanForce - it's been a while since I last visited, but FanForce UK has always been a fun place to be. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :D

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi, Chris, welcome. You should definitely check out the EU forum and the Games forum as well. There's some good discussions on Halo and the new SW game. Have a great time.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi Chris

Welcome to TFN.

Don't know how easy it is for you to get to London, but there should be a London Collectormania at the end of November, which should sate the appetite of many Star Wars and SF/Fantasy fans.

If you check the London FanForce, I expect they will be arranging a meetup for anyone going.

Sith-I-5

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Dayz! :)

You really should get involved in the FF UK. I've never really posted in the FF UK chapters, but I met some of them at the Celebration Europe (London) and a few at the Jedi-Con in Germany and so I can say they are nice people! :)

Enjoy your stay and have lots of fun! :)

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hi Dayz from Buckinghamshire! I love that introduction, I must say... hi, I'm Sinre from Bedfordshire! Good to see more Brits on these fair boards. :D

Welcome! :cool:

10. Herglic

Herglic Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2010
    Hello

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.