main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth-paul-, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello Boise

I am glad to see a group in the Boise area. I am living in Calgary and will soon be moving to Boise/meridian. My family will be there sometime in late June.

Please let me know if there is a monthly meetings or just any get togethers in general. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Talk to you later.

Darth Paul

2. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Goopa!

Well... the New Boise Order has not had a meeting or an offical gathering in well over a year. We still hang out as friends.

There is a (shinking) group that plays Star Wars Miniatures at Team Dewy Toys and Hobbies in Nampa on Monday nights.

In August is Fandemonium. It is a convetion thats "For the Fans, By the Fans!" But, the Amime fans are more active than the Sci-Fi Fans in Idaho. I will be there with my Tatooine Village Playset display, though. Check out www.fandemonium.org

I would not mind seeing a FanFocre start back up here in Boise. (maybe with a diffrent name?)

3. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Glad to hear from you. I look forward to getting something going there. Maybe we could re-org the Boise chapter.

Maybe once my family gets settled into the new place, we(anyone who wants to) could go and grab dessert or something.

Darth Paul

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    That would be nice i would like to see the NBO get back in full stride i miss all the stuff we use to do.

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Hello our new Canadian friend! Have you already moved to the area? It would be fun to all meet together some time after your arrival. Let us know and lets get something on the map!

6. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello

I am in the area, although i have limited mobility. We had some problems at the border and I am here is Meridian and my wife is still in Canada with the van. So, if we do something, it will have to be somewhere close to Ustick and Meridian (middle of nowhere) Or i would need a ride.

Maybe the best thing to do is to plan something in August. I suggest a dessert place or something like that.

Darth Paul

7. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    August 6th, 7th and 8th, is Fandemonium, and like I said, it could use some more Sci-Fi representation. The day after Fandemonium I will be gone for a week for Celabration V! I had hoped to meet with you before or during Fandemonium, but if not it would have to be after the 16th.

8. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    I am going to try to attend Fandemonium, so maybe we can meet then. And anyone else who wants to get the group together again.

I wish I was going to C5, but a lot of my Calgary friends are going. They will be in Orange shirts with a Tosche Station and Calgary Fanforce logo on the front.

Darth Paul

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    If I had unlimited credits at my disposal I'd be going to CV. But with it being in Florida, it's just to much $!
    As for Fandemonium, won't be there. However, I'm all for meeting after the 16th next month for ice cream somewhere or something. Welcome to the states and so sorry to hear that the border patrol are giving you such grief. I'm sure it's not easy knowing you are here and your wife is there.
    Hope things work out for you and your family.

10. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Well I live in Meridian Also and would not mind doing something at my place maybe some Episode 3 battles and Battle Front Battles lol they are always fun. We can also Plan to watch some movies I got lots of open space and plenty of seating if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.