main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Hello from DC!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strangebehaviour, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Hi guys, this is Liz, I met some of you last night at Slacker Con. :D I just wanted to say it was really great to meet you! I only wish I had been less shy and talked with you all more. You are a wonderful bunch! :D I hope DC and Pittsburgh get together again in the near future. :)

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    I'll second that. You guys have an open invitation to join us anytime you feel like making the trip and hopefully I can get some of the DCers together for a trip into your turf before long :)

It wouldn't have been the same without you guys.

3. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hi guys. It's was great meeting all of you, even if I was kind of quiet at first and only talked to half of you. I had lot of fun, despite the fact that it was my sober weekend ;)

Hope you guys do make it up here some time, that'd be awesome!

4. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    hi Stacie! It was my sober weekend too. but I usually am sober. I'm hyper enough without alcohol. :p

hey I'm always up for a trip! I've never been to Pittsburgh before! :)

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I, too, had a great time meeting the DC folks, although much like Stacie, I wish I had been better about getting around to talking with everyone.

If you guys launch an expedition out this way, we'd be more than happy to have you. Regardless, we definitely should probably get together somewhere, sometime for something. :)

Time for bed,
    Yours Truly

6. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey guys! It was good to meet you (even if it took me most of the night to make my way to that end of the table ;)...). Hope to see you guys again soon. A road trip up there would be fun. I've only been to Pittsburgh a few times (once for a concert, twice to go to Kennywood), so it would be nice to head up there again (when does Kennywood open...?).

7. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i met shawn and chris but didn't get a chance to meet anyone else :) thanks for coming guys, it was a blast!

-charlottesville native, adopted by dc as of this morning

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    sticks, Shawn is from New Jersey not Pittsburg ;)

9. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    yeah, well, i met him and he wasn't from dc O:)

i knew he was from jersey...just, yeah!

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey, stateless, I organize our group's trip to Kennywood. WE did it twice last year.

Anyway, I mention this because should you and your group like to join us, I can get cheaper tickets than the gate price and it comes with an all-you-can-eat/drink lunch. Last year the tickets I was able to get were $20 each. This event won't happen until the end of July/early August. If interested, keep in touch and I'll pass more info along as I get it.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh I am WAY interested. I'm sure I can rope a few others into it as well. I haven't been to KW since the Steel Phantom was remade into... whatever it's called now. I can't remember. :)

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    what is Kennywood?

Is that anything like Dollywood? :p

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oddly enough that was my guess Shawn.

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yikes. No, not like dollywood. It's an amusement park that totally kicks lots of butt. You can check it out at kennywood.com, I think.

15. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Actually, the Dollywood comparison isn't too far off...

As I'm sure we all know, Dollywood is based off of Dolly Parton. Likewise, Kennywood is designed around none other than Kenny Rogers: legendary country-music singer/fast-food chicken franchiser.

I know what you're thinking, but it's got some pretty spiffy rides, actually.

a) "Busted Pickup Trucks" = Bumper Cars
    b) "The Fried Chicken Chaser" = Wooden Roller Coaster
    c) "The Gambler" = Video Arcade
    d) "The Kenny Rogers Experience" = Kind of like the "Hall of Presidents" at Disney World, except that you learn all about Kenny Rogers and his rise to stardom in the Country Music circuit, and how he came to wield the frightening power of a fast-food franchise. (The best part is where they show Kenny and Colonel Sanders duke it out in an all-out brawl over the control of the "Quick Chicken" market in the U.S. It's really rather brutal. Watching Col. Sanders get sucker-punched to the gut for the first time is something I'll never forget.)

I've no earthly idea as to how this came to be in Pittsburgh. You would have thought it would be down South somewhere. Or in Texas, being that is where he was born.

But, you know, whatever... It's cool that we have it here. Makes us unique.

Wonders if anyone actually believes any of that,
    Yours Truly

16. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Ok, I'm feeling really dumb at this moment. Kennywood. duh, it never occurred to me it had to do with Kenny Rogers. :p

17. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Well that was certainly enlightening, Brian. Here I am, born and raised in Pittsburgh and, embarrassed as I am to admit it, I really never realized the full extent of Kenny Rogers' influence our happy little amusement park. I mean I always did wonder about that country theme that the park seemed to quite literally drown it's guests in, but the way you put it all together like that really puts it all in perspective for me.

*Ponders*

Yeah, I knew that there was a reason we let you be our president :p

[Completely pointless insertion of a dramatic pause...]

Whoa.....

*Ahem*

Yeah, so on a more serious note I'd like to say hi again to all the DC folks that have come to visit our humble little message board. It's nice that we're having some interaction with other fanforces, we really do need to get together again sometime!

Perhaps at Kenny(Rogers)wood, eh?

;)

18. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    heh heh, I wasn't the only one who didn't know that? I feel better! :)

*waves*

Hi Stacie :)

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Hi Stacie. Hopefully we'll see you over at our boards too. Chris was coming over there before and now Brian has been drawn over...its a trap.

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Umm...I thought it was for Kenny Rogers...his chicken was not too bad...and he was main stream radio too.

But it is located in Pittsburgh...I would have never thunk that.

21. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I bet Pittsburgh is more fun than DC. :D

22. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I bet it will be when we get there...

23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Wanna know something kinda freaky? (Other than our good friend Kenny Rogers ;) )

Roger posted on here that I should go visit the DC boards at "6:20". Well I had visited very breifly already, and posted a nice useless littie coment on that ComiCon thread that Sal Started there. Now here's where it gets creepy, I posted it at "6:20"!!!

Oh the irony.....Your right, it is a trap!

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    be wary of us. :D

just kidding we are really nice and sweet. well, I am anyway. :p

25. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Perhaps they forgot to tell you that I am omnipresent? Why do you think they call me 'Stalker'? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.