main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from Down Under!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Rogue-Girl, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Hi there, I use to post here a looong time ago. I have been studying abroad in Australia and I come home in July! Just dropping in to say Hi, wondering how things have been going on these boards? :) I wish I had visited the site earlier...the darth vader doll could have visited Australia!

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hello there! Don't worry about missing Vader...we had to cut the international part of his tour. :( How long are you home for? I've always wanted to go to Australia. Maybe you can make some of our meets this summer? :)

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    *wonders if this is someone he knows from way back*

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Quick question- why did you stop the world tour? What possible circumstances could there be where that must be done?

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    It wasn't my decision. It was decided before I even started my PR Rep position that the international leg of the tour was canceled. It may still happen, but not until after Episode III, and that decision will be up to Roy since he owns Vader and controls the length of the tour.

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The international leg of the tour was cut off because there was no way we would be able to get the Vader figure back before Episode 3. International shipping takes far longer that shipping within the US. The fact that several chapters held the figure for far to long didn't help.Nor did the fact that the staff didn't even attempt to keep some kind of schedule with the prior to my becoming CR.

The plan was that if we could get the figure back with enough time we could ship him to a few international stops.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry for not being clearer about that, I was being rushed to leave for my sister's graduation. I should have said why the international leg of the tour was cut, which Scott so kindly answered. If it weren't for Scott getting the tour back into gear when he was running it, we would have probably needed to cut the entire tour in half so that Vader would get back in time. There are too many people that just don't seem to care that Vader has other places to go.

EDIT: For Dave and everyone else, if you have further questions regarding the tour, please ask them in the Vader Tour thread so we can all stop derailing Rogue-Girl's thread. :)

8. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, hi! I came to Australia at the start of Feb. and will be coming back home to Boston July 6th!!!! YAY! I get to go to a sox game on the 7th..how sweet is that for a welcome home? Anyways - I love it here but I really love it more back in Boston.

Maybe I will be able to come to a meet or something, I actually have a car now.

And Jedi-hood yeah you may recognize me cuz I use to post a lot more frequently a few years ago (as Cerassi or roguegirl)

How have things been going with the Boston Rebels in the past months when I have been here in Australia?

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I hope you can make a meet! Our July meet thread should be up in the next couple of weeks. :)

As for how things have been going, we've been having a lot of fun at our meets but the attendance has been pretty sad as of late. We're always looking for new members so if you know anyone else who might have fun hanging out with us, just point them in the direction of our boards. :)

I'm actually not in Boston right now either, I'll be returning near the end of June. When I get back I hope to get some discussion going for other Rebels activities, for example, some sort of service activity or project to help the Boston community. We'll see.

Are you going back to Australia after you come home or will you be home for a while? What are you studying? :)

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I was thinking of someone else, but it's good to hear from you again nonetheless. ;)

11. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Its ok Jedi_hood, I don't expect anyone to recognize me when I do randomly appear here.

but anyways...yeah I am staying for good in Boston now...no travel for another few years I think (money low haha) I just did a semester here in Australia in Brisbane, at the university of queensland. Almost done with exams too! Three to go! I go to umass amherst back home and study environmental science. I have been a long time star wars fan of course, and I use to post here before it sprouted as a fanforce chapter....but I have never gone to a meet yet! I guess I was too shy or something. Maybe this july :)

12. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hi :) Just reading your blog. Good luck if you decide to read A Clockwork Orange. You'll know what I mean once you start it ;)

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Good luck indeed...that book takes soooooooo much patience, more than I have. I bought it, tried to read it, and threw it across the room, or something like that. I'll get back to it someday.

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Mmmmm, ultra violence. :)

15. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Clockwork Orange :)

16. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I've got a few books I want to read before that one, so no worries. But...I DO have my first final exam in a few hours. :( boohoo! Its on environmental management and planning. yech!

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I guess it's too late to wish you luck on your first exam, but good luck on the rest! :)

18. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I got done with it and it wasn't bad at all! OS in celebration I went out and got doo-doo faced!!! (edited for those concerned.... :rolleyes:) Just got home....and queensland won their state or origin rugby game! now only one more game between them and ewn south wales....we've GOTTA WIN!!!!

19. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Doo-doo faced? That's a new one..... [face_laugh]

20. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    slave to the man.. slave to the man :)

21. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    When you come back, can you bring us a kangaroo that boxes? Or how bout a kuwalla (sp) bear?

22. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Koala you're talking about....And I will try.

Everyone I know has asked me for a Koala or a Kangaroo...they really aren't that great...Koala's smell really bad and Kangaroos just sit around and do nothing. They have very soft fur though.

23. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    How about a wallaby or platypus?

24. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    no one has asked for those...yet... ;)

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    no one has asked for those...yet...

How about a Tazmainian Devil? Has anyone asked you to make a detour to New Zealand for one of those?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.