main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG hello from far off Kiwiland...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Chansplace, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'd like to say a big Hi to all you Star wars nuts. I don't often venture out into other forums, but you guys seem to have some pretty interesting topics! plus you guys tend to stay on the topic unlike some forums (check out Aus/NZ forums!)

so how is everyone? I love your country, I came to visit back in '93. A bit too warm for my tastes...

2. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Hehe... I think I was in NZ in '93... =)

3. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Never been to NZ but know that the sheeps you got there have more quantity than humans!!
    Like I say in the other thread, Howlrunner22 & Valiok are not SW collectors but you can just talk just about anything else to them (especially about school stuff :) )

Used to have a SW collector here call Darth Nutty but he hasn't wrote in here for ages :(

4. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    And what may I ask is wrong with not staying with the original topic?

5. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    well, nothing at all, actually, but it was a good way to start off this thread.

6. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh wel, hi there :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    and we do have more sheep than people here, in fact, our next door neighbours are sheep.
    5 of them, and some ducks and chickens.

8. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    That really sounds interesting compares to our city environment. Sometimes, I do hope to be in your shoe but I suppose a couple of weeks later, I want to come back Singapore. Can't be away from all those luring materialistic stuffs. Maybe when I retire, I want to choose exactly a place like you have now.
    By the way, where do you find SW Stuffs back in kiwiland? You have to drive like miles to the nearest convenient store?
    What wave of POTJ are you seeing now? We have the Duros wave already and I also saw th B-Wing at shops. So, here in Singapore, I should say we are pretty up to date.

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I'd like to say the same for singapore, It's a nice place to visit, but Christchurch is comfortable as my home.

We have a store called The Warehouse, which is the only stockist of Star Wars stuff.
    they arent really up to date with the latest figures, the last ones we had were the IG88/Plo Koon wave.

We also have toyworld, but they dont have much stuff either. I wish we had a Toys R us or Wal mart here.

10. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I have checked out your homepage and I should say I'm pretty impressed by your collections. By any chance you have also visited my homepage?
    I also got to see your photo of yourself and that sums up my suspicion, you are a "Chan" and I suspect you should be Chinese. Yes you are.
    I too graduste from a Polytechnic and have a Diploma in Manufacturing. That was about 8 years ago.
    OK, come back to your collections. I can see you have some duplicates Emperor Royal Guards and a few others. Do you have a full set of POTF2? For me, except for EPI figs that I'm still missing a few namely :

1. Soft Good Qui-Gonn
    2. Battle Damage Droideka
    3. Swamp Jar Jar

I have all the others and I can say that is my most complete series.
    I have much POTF2 figs too but there are a number which I do not have and have no intention to get.
    Same rationale goes to the POTJs, I only buy those that I like. Those that I particular keen figs, I'll buy 2 and open up 1 for display.
    Well, this hobby has costs me, till date, about S$6000/- :(

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Well, I just saw your website, I like your speeder bike chase (did you see mine?) and your custom 1/6 figures a real cool!

I am chinese, my parents are from malaysia,
    which is why I have visited Singapore and malaysia before.

I have all the POTF figures, I like to collect variations too, the 2 royal guards I have - one is holo sticker, and one is without. I also have all the longsaber shortsaber variations.

I am missing 9 Ep1 figures, sio bibble, amidala battle gear, swamp jar jar, darth sidious hologram, damaged Droideka, and a few more.

Im pretty up to date with all the POTJ's, I'm missed one which is princess leia general. I also buy 2 if I like the figure, one to open and one to display.

Ive spent more than $NZ12000 on muy collection, but I collect other things as well, I have a lifesize Jar Jar binks from KFC.

I also collect Transformers, I saw heaps when I was in singapore last time. are there still lots of transformers in singapore?

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Just wondering... where in Malaysia are your parents from?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    You mind do a little covertion of NZ$ to US$? It is US$1 = S$1.74 now. Does this figs cost much in NZ especially the POTJs? It cost me on the average US$10 for each figs whereas in the US, it retails at US$6.99. But I can live with that price.

In fact, I actually saw the 3 missing EPI figs around Singapore quite often but these people (scalper) sells them at US$15 each and I simply refuse to pay the money for that.

Coma back to my homepage, I'm glad you like it and I haven't got time to play with my Digital Cam these days and cannot update my homepage. Thanks for your complemnent and I will be working hard to improve the homepage.

Yes, there are still a lot of Transformers lying around in Singapore but I'm not so thrill about them. Other than SW stuffs, I also collects other 1/6 Figs namely from Dragon.

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    mummy and daddy are from Ipoh.

$1 NZ = about $0.80 Singapore, I checked out the exchange rate today. POTJ's are about $NZ15-20 each here, so we pay close to $10 US for them.as you say, anymore than that and its a rip off!

15. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Hello again guys!

hows things over here? still getting all the good SW stuff that we dont get? just checking that you are all looking after yourself. I see a few new names around as well!

16. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Chansplace,
    Hello. My parents went to NZ for their honey-moon, I believe they have some friends there too. They've been telling me what a beautiful place it is too, so hopefully I'll have the chance to visit, maybe to have my own honey-moon there too...
    :D

17. Lee_Kuan_Yew

Lee_Kuan_Yew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Yes, yes, come to Singapore, we need tourists to boost the economy.
    Do you want to borrow my private jet?
    Hmm?

18. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    howdy chanplace? What is the latest you've got in NZ today? We have the Bacta Tank Luke and Shirtless Maul (as a set) last weekend but I gave them the slip. They want to sell both as a set and not allow to only buy one piece. I want Luke but puke on Maul, they say no, I say bye bye.

Nice to hear from you again :)

19. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    HumsupFett, I gotten Shirtless Maul alone on Sat for $30 at the Hanger. ?[face_plain] I'm sure someone else bought Luke alone ;) Where did you ask for Bacta Luke anyway?

Hi Chansplace! Anything new in Kiwiland? What's the latest SW stuffs to appear there?

20. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi D-E,

I called the Hanger immediately after I read your post. I told Richard to keep the Luke for me if ever anyone bought the Maul only (which they are willing to sell singular). he told me someone got it already and I'm quite pissed off as I have told him to keep one for me!!
    Well, he said he'll try to find one for me but I'm not so positive on that.

Thanks for the info.
    Maybe next time, we should tell each other of releases so that we can have something that another don't want and other can have something that we don't want, good idea huh? :)

21. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Hi darth destructo! a transformer fan too, huh (I read your signature) I collect Generation 1 Transformers, among other toys.

thanks for the offer, Lee_Kuan_Yew, but I should finish my course first! I'm doing a diploma in graphic design, just 3 months to go. then I could make use of that jet...

Hummsup, ol buddy. hows it going? not much new im afraid. last we got was ketwol wave, still some older ones turning up like dagobah vader and bespin han. still no sign of B-wings or interceptors.

I did pick up a nice item the other day, an Episode 1 DVD display stand! its huge- about 1.5 m high. They werent supposed to give it away, (it was delivered to the wrong store) so I was quite lucky to aquire it.

oh yeah, cant forget Darth Eagle! howdy!

22. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Transformers rock! :D
    Do you follow the cartoon?
    Seems like everyone had TF toys, seems like everyone broke them too... :)
    Oh well.

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah! the cartoon is cool. the original one I mean, havent watched Beast wars much. especially like the TF movie.

just picked up an original Optimus Prime from the market on sunday for a whopping $7!

I broke all mine too, unfortunately.

24. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    How did you manage that?
    $7?!
    You lucky lucky guy... ;)

25. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Ahhh, the good old days of G1. I still keep a tape of the series gotten for $1 last year. And I think someone is selling copies of the G1 cartoon at eBay for US$12 per set (1-2 CDs?). The only to be same rank as it IMHO is the Beast Machine (latest Transformer toon?)

You guys remember the Japanese version of G1, especially the Japanese series with Victory Leo (Optimus in new body) and Star Saber? Used to laugh a lot at the Japanese version : Star Saber got a beating heart and Headmaster like to eat cup noodles! [face_laugh] I know I got the recordings of some episode and the G1 American ones somewhere under my bed.

I still got my Power Master Optimus Prime and 2 Pretender, OIB (open in box). :p Also got a Generation 2 Powel (sp?) and 2 loose but complete Seacons: Seawing and Tentakill. Also got a loose incomplete leader of Seacon (forget name!) gotten for $15 (yes, a real rip off :( ). And a colorful 3rd(?) Generation Darkwing/Dreadwing? Wish I had bought more of the Pretender when they go for $9.90 back in 1992-1993 at Oriental instead of Barbie doll furnitures! (kicking myself for that!)

And there are a buncha of the G1 and G2 Marvel comics on my wardrobe, with a few issue of the UK ones. And I did keep my UK Transformer Annual somewhere in the store "room" while the UK story books (lack 2-3 books still) at the headboard of my bed.

Chansplace, you lucky fellow! It's nearly impossible to get Transformer for $7 here. The last time I check, some guy was selling his G1 Transformers out-of-box-but-with-weapons-and-pamplet for $50 onwards ($50 was for a micromachine). For a poor collector like me, that's beyond my pocket range! I just miss those days when you can buy a normal Seacons or Arealbot or Contructicon for $9.90 each.

Heehee, I used to combine my pirated/fake Arealbot (got 3 of them) with my Seacons to form Superpiranacon! And then in P6 when I brought both my Barbie Dolls and Transformers to school, we used to have a Wrestling Match between Barbie and Gang and my Pretenders with the Prize the Pretender belt! LOL, those innocent and crazy days! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.