main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG hello from far off Kiwiland...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Chansplace, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Woah.

I never had the money to buy those bigger TFs, my most expensive TF was the original Otimus Prime. Understandibly(sic), that was my all time favourite toy.
    Somehow, he got "broken" battling Brave Starr, don't ask...

D_E, you can get most of the TF shows on Morpeus. I got to watch almost the complete Robots In Disguise(RID), the new TF series, the return of OP, and lots more G1 and G2. Some of the videos are severly lacking in quality, but I can't blame them because it's obviously a VHS ---> MPEG production.

For all you people interested in TF, I recommend Megatron's Armarda

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    hello again all! been a while since i was last here ( last year in fact!) so to all my singaporean buddies:

Merry X Mas and Happy New Year!

3. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Happy new year to you too! :)

4. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
  5. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    so whats been going on while I was away? no infighting I hope...

The NZ forums have been inundated with LOTR threads, its nice to have a break from them.

..wait! what is mesa saying? I still cant get enuf of LOTR. have you all seen it yet? its an amazing movie, and made right here in NZ.

6. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    It was very nice. I saw it in cinema twice. re-reading the book now.

Thanks God NZ is still there. I wish it will be there for ever. :)

7. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
  8. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    It it true that the LOTR set is being turned into a Tourist Attraction?
    I heard that they didn't want to destroy the sets, so they decided to leave them there and buy up the land, or something along those lines... Chansplace? Anyone?
    :D

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm not sure, but I'd be interested to find out! I'll try and find some info on that for ya, DD.

10. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Cool!
    Thanks. :D

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Hey DD, heres your answer from theonering.net (thanks to JP-30 from NZFF)

Yes, you can go to the film locations and stand right where Peter Jackson stood when he directed the trilogy. We?ve formed a tour company to take you there.

For as long as I?ve been reporting on the LOTR film trilogy it?s been a dream of mine that one day there would be tours for Tolkien fans that would take them to all the film locations. I?ve taken a few TORN visitors to New Zealand around the locations and seen them react to the experience with amazement and joy.

My dream started to take shape when I was contacted by Vic James of Boutique Holidays. Together we formed Red Carpet Tours and in partnership with the online booking company Etravelgate we developed a tour that will take people to the film locations.

Our tours use Tolkien fans to lead the tours. They?ll know the books and background to the films, and their knowledge and enthusiasm will help bring each part of the country to life. Breathtaking scenery becomes even more impressive when you can stand there and imagine whole scenes from the movies taking place around you. And it?s nice to be among a group of people who understand exactly what it means!

The sets are gone, but the land on its own is an unforgettable experience. We can take tour parties right onto the private land where key scenes were filmed, and we will also meet with a variety of people who were involved in making the film.

hope that answers your Q!

12. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Thanks Chansplace! :D

Too bad they removed the sets. What a bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.