Hello from Jason

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Irish501st, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

Hello All it's Jason I was at your meeting tonight Feb 23 2013 - I am very happy to have met you all and look forward to being apart of the group.

New to the forum and just joined The North Ridge Fan Force group in Buffalo,NY

I am avid gamer (XBOX) if you game my gamertag is McWelder

I am on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/irish.mcbastard

I also run a Tumblr Star Wars fan page blog

Looking to talk, make new friends get together for charity events, no costume yet but looking into getting a Stormtrooper costume and being kilted and non kilted..yes I am Irish and wear a man skirt!

Thank you for having me and look forward to meeting everyone.

Irish501st - Jason
  2. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Welcome to the boards Jason!

I wasn't at the meeting so I didn't get a chance to meet you.

I'm sure one of us can hook you up with info regarding a stormtrooper suit......
  3. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good to have you on board, my man!
  4. Darth Erebus Jedi Master

star 2
    welcome!

as for getting a stormtrooper armor set together, ive seen a few sets up on ebay recently. full armor sets (sans bucket i believe) going for arund 350ish. its just something to look into. im sure our resident tk can help you out more when you get to talk to him.

but again welcome! glad to have you with us!
  5. Mother_of_the_Twins Force Ghost

star 5
    It was great to meet you and your family. We're happy we didn't scare you away with our silliness! It's nice to have you with us.
  6. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome aboard! It was nice meeting you and your family.
  7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
  8. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome... Please don't buy armor off e-bay. I think we may be able to steer you in the right direction of some better quality armor!
  9. Irish501st Jedi Youngling

10. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    First of all, Welcome to the boards Jason! Good to see you at the meeting last night.

Beware of EvilBay. There are alot of prop forums warning of scams that often occur with "prop makers" that sell there. Many times, what you see isn't what you are getting, if you get anything at all. Look into resources that we have internally. Although a bit pricy, those are going to be the most reliable for getting the proper equipment. Expect to spend a grand on armor per costume, if you want to do this right. Also expect to put a bit of work into it as what you will more than likely receive will be rough styrene parts "pulled" into form. Styrene is pretty forgiving to work with, but does take some effort -especially when polishing to a gloss, like a trooper's armor would look like.

Peter Sr (MyHale) is our residential "Stormy" and "Cloney", and he can provide much more insight than I can on this topic.
  11. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome Jason!
    We had to leave the meeting asap last night to get the Padawans to bed but we look forward to seeing you at future NR events!

Anna & AJ
    Last edited by 72Princess, Feb 24, 2013
  12. quigonschuel Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Indeed, welcome Jason! My apologies for "cutting in line" during the introductions...
  13. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome to the group Jason; Marty here. Just wanted to say, your Overkill tattoo just showed up on my facebook newsfeed, via Teefury via Waypoint!
  14. Irish501st Jedi Youngling